1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Right to die, obligation to live

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by HPPT, Aug 4, 2003.

1. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Yeah a $100 bill is bullshit. Now if some little guys was dumb enough to punch me in the nose and strong enough to put me on my back and I landed on the winning Powerball ticket then we might have something. :D :p

2. Yeah, One was pretty lame.

But three has great potential. Haven't you ever seen Naked Gun 2 1/2 where OJ Simpson gets sent down a flight of about 100 staris in a wheelchair in a baseball stadium on the upper deck and is then catapulted over the railing to impending doom?

That is some funny shitake!
    :clap: :D

3. Sorry, you left the door open, and I walked right through...

:D :D

4. mtk

mtk All-Pro Bike Crasher

Papa, if jumping right into the book proves difficult, why not try writing a few Letters to the Editor? I'm sure you can get a few published and it's good practice before "Carrying..." comes out in hardback.

I mean, we've all seen the rants. Now it's time to unleash them upon an unsuspecting populace. :up:

5. Papa,

The possibilities are now proving to be endless as the simple name I coined for your book has already been spoken in abbreviated form. That is a key sign for tremendous revenue.

Elvis Presley = Elvis
    American Idol = Idol
    Talladega Gran Prix Raceway = Tally
    Terminator 3 = T3
    Roadracing World and Motorcycle Technology = Sam's World

:D

And now,

"Carrying the Politically Incorrect Torch With My Teeth"
    = "Carrying"

It will be on the Silver Springs Times Best Seller List for at least three weeks.

:beer:

6. Laurie Acree

Laurie Acree Well-Known Member

I haven't signed onto this section in months. A clue on the general section tipped me over here. There is no way I'm reading all posts but I read all of yours Papa!

I wondered if you struggled with this and I never knew how to adress it with you. Uhhh..still don't. So........no, I will not help you with ending your life. And I will love you today and 10 years from now whether you are living or not.

:)

7. guerrilla

guerrilla Real King of the Jungle

Im good thanks for asking yeah I been "trolling" Heck 90% of people didn't know my name was Jamie. I've been Ape since high school.

8. wera176

wera176 Well-Known Member

lol... Actually, it was your pic that gave it away! (I did know your name was Jamie, but I didn't put the two together!)

9. The enlightening part of our P&L debate had died.

Any takers on this question?

It has remained unanswered for about 30 years....

;)

10. dave333

dave333 traveler

Papa,

Do you want to know, in your heart, for certain that God is real and who He says He is?

Would you please give me one of two answers, yes or no?

If no, I'll keep praying for you.

If yes, please seek Him diligently, as diligently as you would a cure for your paralysis. Don't focus on the how's or what's or when's or why's, He will provide all of that. Just resolve to do so. I'll still keep praying for you, that you may find what you seek...

11. Tex

Tex Well-Known Member

My answer, and it might not be the right one, but this is what I'd tell Zane.

Don't you think that a God capable of creating you and me, and everything you see here is capable of having a place to be while he created us. I'd imagine he was in heaven, wanting to share it...so he made us.

God is not man, and does not work by the same rules.

12. dave333

dave333 traveler

Papa,

In God, through His Son Jesus, lies the release you are looking for.

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

my answer is "yes, and he knows where to find me."
    Thanks for praying for me anyway.

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

you have already read most of its elsewhere on the BBS.

Love you too.

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

this will not be as nice as the Riviera, but I am looking forward to it.

16. dave333

dave333 traveler

:D

Yeah, I figure He does...

17. 418

418 Expert #59

18. LAR

LAR Well-Known Member

God, this topic could make me go on forever, not just because of the moral dilemma, but the religious one.

I used to fully believe in God, now I'm a non-practicing Catholic. I'm not exactly sure how I feel about God, because if there was one, why do such shitty things happen.

When I was a junior in high school, my mom was diagnosed with lung cancer. The doctor's didn't find it until it was too late for them to do anything about it, even though she'd been complaining about being sick for over a year. So as that first year went by, the doctor's just did piddly little tests...finally, they found out she had cancer. After witnessing what she went through, I believe any person who wants to end their suffering should be able to. The pain I saw her go through was more than I could bare, and thinking about everything she went through makes me ill. Instead of seeing the mother that I had loved die as I loved her and remembered her, I saw my mother in casket weighing 50 lbs less than her normal self, and looking nothing like my mom. And that is the memory that I have of her...and that sucks.

I don't believe anyone who can't enjoy the quality of life that they want to should be forced to stay on this earth, but I definitely don't have the guts to help someone do it to themselves. I think Papa is a completely rational and smart human being, and just because he's paralyzed doesn't change that one iota. I think he has every right to choose whether he wants to live the life he is living, or whether he wants to end that life. Seeing Papa in his situation reminded me a lot of my mom, and feelings I didn't deal with when she was sick...geezus, though, I was 17 when she died...I didn't fully understand what life meant at that point. Even now at 30 I struggle to deal with those types of situations...thus my avoidance of whether there really is a God. If somone is able to help someone get out of a miserable situation they are living in, I don't see any reason why it should be a problem.

19. Tex

Tex Well-Known Member

It's a fake. If he has one finger to type like he says, then he wouldn't be able to use anything that uses the shift key. Also, he wouldn't be able to have the dexterity to move his body to move his arm to move his finger to type...

I say NOT REAL.

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You would be surprised how some functions can return while the rest of your body remains lifeless. At the very least, he has done some serious research because he knows a lot about the physical consequences and the daily life.
    He does describe things much better than I can. Even I feel sorry for him. I hope everyone who tells me why I need to be alive took the time to read it. Interesting thing happened today. I went downstairs to the computer center in the hospital because they had to show me some technologies I might have a use for. The occupational therapist asked me to launch Internet Explorer. There were few items on the list of favorites. One of them was a link to some suicide web site. Another was about euthanasia. Makes me think there are other people in this hospital who don't find the prospect of painting with their teeth a good enough reason to stick around.