1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Right to die, obligation to live

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by HPPT, Aug 4, 2003.

1. Tex

Tex Well-Known Member

If anyone can correct me on this, you could. Admit it, you miss correcting me. :D

to me it sounded like maybe a well thought out plan to obtain emails in support, them maybe use them as "ammo" when trying to overturn euthenaisa laws...

Either way, it is a powerful message.

2. Maybe the other quads tried painting with their teeth and got shitty reviews from the local critics, and THEN decided to end their lives.

:cool:

Have you tried painting with your teeth yet? We already know you could write a book, that is too easy. You need to be challenged. Since you have nothing but time on your hands, try something you have absolutely no idea how to do, and know nothing about.

I'll make you a deal. I'll send my wife to buy me some paintin stuff, and I will paint your portrait with my teeth, without the use of my hands in any way, in exchange for a like one of me painted by you.

Mine won't bring much on the open market I'm sure.

:D

PS, do you want your portrait painted with or without a hat on?

:confused:

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Paint me with a hat. Preferably the one you lost. So, does anyone have any comments about that think that was posted?

4. CorollaDude

CorollaDude Beach Bum

Yeah, where's the photo of the young French physical therapist? :p

5. Smart ass. So the only hat you want out of the plethora in your closet is the one I failed to deliver.

You know how to hurt a guy.

That's ok, I will one up you, and paint you with my teeth with a Boeing 767 hat.

CRAP!!! Too bad the hat was blue and not black, as now I will have to buy one more color of paint!!!

;) :D

BTW,

I will make two copies of my masterpiece, #s 1 and 2. I will auction #2 off on the internet to raise money for the Airfence Fund.

If you want to make your existence contributory, I am willing to be you would have a hundred orders, prepaid for portraits if the paintees knew the money was going to go to the Airfence Fund.

POLL:

Who would pay $100 or $200 or $500 for a portrait of their favorite photo painted lovingly by Papa's teeth, no matter how bad it turned out, if you knew he would contribute the money to the Airfence Fund?

Last edited: Aug 21, 2003
  6. funnyhat

funnyhat tire budget challenged

Put me in for one!

:up:

7. SOFG

SOFG Well-Known Member

I'm in (Sponge Bob will do)

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Max, you are insane. Funny (in a bizarre way), but insane. Either that, or you need a major reading comprehension course.:)

9. If I can't inspire you to want to live, which seems to be out of the question, maybe I can shame you into making some dough for the airfence fund while you are laying around soaking up perfectly good oxygen. I mean you are an advocate, right?

I looked through the list of contributors to the Airfence Fund, and I didn't see your name. Isn't it about time you put your mouth to use other than flapping it about how we should have more Airfence?

Let's go.

I will contribute $500 to the Airfence fund for any painting you can do, no matter how bad it is.

I am going to try it myself, as promised, just so if you start bitching about how impossible it is, I will know if you are full of shit or not.

I only have to make two paintings though. It sounds like you could have a waiting list!

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Max, I was among the first people to send money. Most likely before you did. Check again. I am definitely contributing towards that reading comprehension course for you.:)

11. It must be the French accent in your typing that is confusing me.

:confused: :D

12. I have reconsidered painting, and I think that will be time consuming and messy, and require a lot of setup, and if you drop the brush, more mess...

So I am going to try a set of colored pencils first. A color sketch would work.

:)

13. atl_hooligan

atl_hooligan Well-Known Member

Sissy!!!

Use oil-based paints...it should get really interesting after the paint thinner fumes get to you!

:D :D :D

I'll buy one of Papa's paintings if he decides to do it.

14. Maybe he can learn to crawl before he walks with art. Figuratively speaking, of course.
    ;)

I think from my cursory attempt myself, if I had to "set up" and make a big mess with paint, that might be a daunting task for a beginner. I would make a mess with my hands! So sketching with pencils is way better. Instead of paint I bet PT can access some drug induced happiness from the local apothecary...

A couple of tricks to the pencil is:

1. You need to have one with the eraser pointed at the paper.

2. Shorter pencils are easier to use as you have more control over them with your teeth. Long pencils wear your jaw out. But you might go cross-eyed if you are too close to your paper!!!

I am going to mail PT my first original work here tomorrow for his professional opinion.

I am sure if he could point a urine stream at it...

:D :(

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

16. Are you older yet?

I am at VIR right now. Cathy is going to mail my piece d'resistance (since I only have one, I guess it is my best to date...) to you today or tomorrow.

:D :D

It is seriously humid and hot here. Wish I was chilling on the Mer in Berck right now...

Moules and Frites....

Ahhhh....

:cool: :beer:

17. 191k

191k Well-Known Member

I read a lot of the replies to this thread. I probably missed it but I didn't see anything about the affect suicide has on your loved ones. My best friend and racing partner committed suicide when he was 24. He was despondent about having to quit racing and become an accountant at a furniture company, and his girl had royally screwed him over.

Man it was devastating. No one saw it coming. His mother and father,... well. It was terrible. I was very mad at him. It seemed so selfish. The living are the ones affected. He bailed...

Obviously he made a mistake. At least I beleive that. I know he was tormented though. He did hate what his life had become.

But it's now 25 years later..... I think he coulda made it with some effort. I think we have all contemplated suicide, I have made a feeble attempt myself. But I'm loving life now after a lot of heartache and hardwork.

I miss him terribly, especially since I am getting back to the track. We could really have had some fun.

Oh well, that's my 2 cents.