1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New WERA Classifieds Site Launched

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by Mongo, Feb 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Godzuki

Godzuki Well-Known Member

me i see noproblem with it and im a well exracer (god i wish i could still race), if it thins out the riff raff and cuts back on the scammers all the better. i can only afford a few trackdays a year, but i have loved this site since i started on here, i mainly read and search for this and that, but the classifieds have been a gold mine for my small budget.

the prices ive seen are about as good as its going to get for a pay to post section, most places you will pay a heluvalot more. most require you "donate 25.00" or more or you get a membership to the site. im on so many sites that paying a damn membership would force me into the poor house lol

2. snowbizx

snowbizx Well-Known Member

how much is wera paying a month to run the boards? there are plenty of hosts that charge less than $5/month for vbulletin plans with unlimited storage and traffic.

like i've said, i have no problem with wera charging to post ads... but i doubt they're losing money from the forum as is. and if they are, is there a reason these cheaper hosts aren't viable options for the wera board?

Last edited: Mar 1, 2011
  3. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Sorry- I didn't read all 18 pages, so forgive me if this was covered... my only issue looking at the new site is that I didn't recognize any of the user id's (on the one section I looked at). On the old system I can at least go by post count and recognize a lot of the regular players to help judge who I might want to trust. On the flip side, couldn't a bad apple register with a popular user id from the BBS and benefit from their good reputation? I understand that with a rating system eventually this wouldn't be a problem, but for a while...

I also see the need for the change and hope WERA does well with it.

4. cbrsmurf

cbrsmurf Well-Known Member

+1

I'm not going to pay for expensive motorcycle parts (or bike) w/o some kind of feedback/proof that the member isn't shady (post count does matter in a forum like this, where you have nothing else to go on). It kind of screws over members who participate/post a lot, but rarely sell stuff as well as the buyers.

Not complaining about the fees/charges, just the system itself. Would be much better if you could just leave the classifieds on this website and charge through here.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2011
  5. Windshield

Windshield Well-Known Member

Hey!!!! Thanks for the work put into the classifieds site. It's a sad day having all the bike stuff leave the main sight, but I'm sure people had their reasons for it.

Suggestions:
    Can the non-photo listings be a line item?
    Can the photo listings have some description/text to the right so we can preview whats inside?
    Let us browse via some filters.

Thanks

6. Windshield

Windshield Well-Known Member

I found out I am retarded and leaped before I looked. Firefox's ABP was blanking out the info I was complaining about. Sorry guys.

7. faztbikez

faztbikez Well-Known Member

How many members you have? How many visitors NON members you get? ( i Bet thousands ) I would charge $10.00 year to be able to log in bbs classifieds ( to post or to buy ) and leave it as it was. Shit I miss my daily emails
    What I mean is let me scroll like before and if I like something, I need to log in and pay, if you do this you will have money today not in 3 or 4 months to see if new site will work.

God I love this site 18 pages and counting

Last edited: Mar 2, 2011
  8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Wait - so you spend time at your job working for people who are not and will not be customers of your company? And you do so using company resources? Sweet! Where do you work?

BTW - pompous prick I may be but you really shouldn't lie. I've never banned anyone just for disagreeing with me. However I do ban people for making up lies. Why did you feel it necessary to lie anyway? Does it make you feel better about yourself to be a liar? I find it pretty sad for someone who professes to be a "~Xtian".

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah, hosting is the expensive part of any site... :rolleyes:

Look, same deal for you, time to shut up or go away. Your choice. You might not be bitching about charging but you sure as hell are bitching about everything else. If that's all you're here for is to whine and complain then you can go now.

11. snowbizx

wow i've never seen you so defensive. i've been making suggestions because i think the wera classifieds are (or were) an amazing resource for racers and track day riders - buyers and sellers alike. i've been trying to help because i was hoping it would be as successful as it was in the past. i considered it constructive criticism, but you obviously see it as bitching. sorry that i pointed out a few things that aren't working properly so you could address them. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Mar 2, 2011
  12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not defensive in the least - simply tired of your stupid shit over and over and over and over again. I know how much hosting costs and not a single thing I've said has anything to do with hosting the site. So why bring it up? Well to keep bitching as you've been doing is the only logical explanation. If you'd tried actually making suggestions they would be taken as such, instead you're just another whiner complaining about change. It's time to stop bitching now, I get it, you're unhappy.

13. snowbizx

it was outta curiosity, and honestly, if you were paying a lot, i was gonna suggest cheaper alternatives that i've had success with. that's kinda why i asked - sorry to be somewhat concerned.

and i guess all the other "whiners" sent you an email off the boards when you first started the site, notifying you of things that you might need to fix in the future. i guess i wasn't being as helpful as i thought and you've obviously misunderstood my intent. good luck with your new site... i still plan on using it, which is why i was hoping you had it working perfectly in the first place.

14. Indetrucks

Indetrucks Well-Known Member

My name is CHRISTIAN ....:tut:
    Swing and a miss...gonna have to come up with a better insult next round.

ps.. surprised I can still post after you found out I called you what everyone else is afraid to say.

We'll see if I'm allowed to post tomorrow. :crackup:

15. Bart#72

Bart#72 Well-Known Member

I can care less about paying for an add i see it as racers helping the organization to keep us racing! It was just waaaaay easier using the old board.
    It would be nice to pay an annual fee of some sort and keep the old system.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So you're trying to defend your lie?

Find one time I've banned someone for disagreeing with me. Just once.

I freely admit I ban people for lying about me which you have done.

As for the insult - congrats, you sign your name as if it's a religious belief, sorry it was confusing. Still doesn't change that you're lying now does it?

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The new one really will be better. It's got everything people always asked for here.

18. flyingpig70

flyingpig70 Well-Known Member

It just sucks that you have to keep defending a service you provide for all of us... ;)

19. Motomfg

Motomfg Well-Known Member

Mongo you're a dick! (I'm not lying so you can't ban me)

You have 40K members. Someones not going to like it. Fuck-em

20. ThrottleAbuse

ThrottleAbuse Will Race for CASH!

:crackup: Bunch of fricken nancies getting their panties all wadded up over a business trying to keep the doors open or God forbid make a profit. Mongo what are you going to do with millions you are making off the new classified site? Take Czar to Tahiti maybe? Buy another Ferrari or ten? Everyone is an expert at running a business and telling you how to run yours. They have made so much money at it that its important for them to buy/sell/view cheap parts.

Really why all the pissing and moaning? If you don't like it don't use it. Go somewhere else and sell or buy your shit. I would venture a guess that WERA isn't going to lose much sleep over less traffic on the BBS.

This thread has been great entertainment, but I gotta run. I am on the way over to my local Subway to complain to the manager about them stopping the $5 footlong sub sale and wrapping the sandwiches in a new type of paper.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.