1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New WERA Classifieds Site Launched

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by Mongo, Feb 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. erichsoncycles

erichsoncycles Well-Known Member

Um.. dumb question . why cant you sell some ad spaces to companies??? like Crackbook um I mean Facebook.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, just go to your dashboard and click the pencil icon on the ad.

3. snowbizx

snowbizx Well-Known Member

another heads up. when you go to any of my ads and click on the "contact" tab, the subject is always "Re: My first item listed", even though it's a different part.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, working on it.

5. nikk777

nikk777 Well-Known Member

ok cool... I looked at the takeoff section and was checking out some dunlops then got to reading the replies and it said "sold"... been happier had that ad just never appeared. I'll look for the settings.

6. RFairbairn

RFairbairn Well-Known Member

I have a few ads and almost sent a guy the wrong rotors because his link came from one ad and he was responding from another.

I'm assuming we get a discount for questionable service until the "bugs" are worked out :Poke: :D

7. bluedevil

bluedevil Well-Known Member

Lets say you buy a product for $400... its medium sized weighs maybe 12 lbs. + 3% paypal ($12) + $22-$32 shipping + now $10 ad fee... = more than 99 cents....
    shoot its already got $44+ in fees on the damn thing... mise well just buy it new and get a deal on free shipping over $100 on any web site.. why go to Wera?
    just sayin..:beer:

granted.. whats gonna be done is gonna be done.. those who want to sell and pay a fee will.. those who dont will just go elsewhere... ehh

8. RFairbairn

?? the ad fee is 99 cents. shipping on a part as described would be more like $15 but what's that got to do with used vs. new?? People offering free shipping are making enough on the part they can offer free shipping.
    There are a lot of internet based companies that are making a dollar per pt and some will survive, most won't, it's better to spend your money with a local shop or with fellow racers IMO. You may need them someday, there's a value to having reputable dealers and mtc shops stay in business.

9. RFairbairn

'

If the seller clicks sold on the dashboard, "this item has been sold" appears at the head of the ad. I do think it would be helpful for that to be bold and larger print.

10. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

Didn't wade through this whole thing. Is it OK to have one ad with a unrelated group of parts you want to sell (2 sprockets for one bike, set of brake pads for another, etc. etc.), and perhaps just update it month by month? Not economical to to list things one by one, but for a group of things it would be worth it.

Thanks

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And of all the bullshit you just typed - the ONLY thing different between an ad here and an ad on the new site is 99 cents.

Wow.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah for now that's fine.

13. snowbizx

snowbizx Well-Known Member

so before i list a ton of stuff separately, which used to be frowned upon, i'm just checking that it's ok to separate them into as many ads as i want bc it's a buck a pop...

14. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I predict bitching for 30-60 days. By the time we're all back on the track, no one will care about how the classifieds are run...

WERA has established itself as THE sportbike community/marketplace/debate center of the USA. a few bucks to post an ad isn't going to change that by much.

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Seperate away.

Before it was frowned upon because people used to list entire pages of items monopolizing a free to use forum.

16. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but why can't we use HTML to link larger resolution pictures hosted elsewhere?

It worked when I first posted the ad, but then I edited it, and now it removes the code everytime when I update.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, that's fine.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not sure, I'll find out from Rusty this week (along with the other stuff we've talked about).

19. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

When the ad time expires can you just pay and keep the same ad going or do you have to make a whole new ad?

Also, I would like to see you make it where you can see all bikes, all parts, etc.. together because I'm betting other people are like me and I like to just scroll through the ads and see if anything cool has been listed. I don't think I will click on every different brand to do that. Same with parts-maybe I didn't need the magnesium wheels but just browsing through all the parts I might come across that easier than if it's in one small category. I do like that you can break it down for when you really do need one particular item though.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2011
  20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Just click on the main heading, it's a link too and will list them all. Here's all the parts - http://weraclassifieds.com/ad-category/motorcycle-parts/

Granted, still 10 per page but that's on the list.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.