1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New WERA Classifieds Site Launched

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by Mongo, Feb 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We're launching a new site today that will allow for much more flexibility on posting classified ads and well do a much better job of promoting your ads through social media and the like.

The new site is http://www.weraclassifieds.com go there and sign up to begin using it immediately. We will be shutting down the classifieds section of the board however the current ads will be allowed to run for another 30 days from today (total closing will be ~ March 21). We will be allowing responses to be posted to ads but will not be allowing new ads to be posted here. All new ads will need to be posted on the new website.

If you have any issues registering or the like you can email me at [email protected].

2. MotoXer311

MotoXer311 Well-Known Member

Wow, charging...... Good luck........

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Good luck with what? Being able to charge or making money? If no one uses it then we've got the same income as we do from here.

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

You capitalist swine! Trying to not lose money on the classified section! When the workers take power, you will be the first against the wall.

5. CafeRacer

CafeRacer Well-Known Member

Maybe.

As a wannabe racer looking for his first race bike five years ago, the classifieds were how I found WERA. I looked around, liked what I saw, stayed...

The popularity of the board increases your brand and the classifieds (which are the best racer classifieds in the nation) are a part of that.

6. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Is there going to be a feedback system or area too?

7. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

What was wrong with the classifieds as it was ?

Too much up keep, scammers, bandwidth?

Feedback info would be good!

Last edited: Feb 17, 2011
  8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That's the plan.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Just out of curiosity - have you ever raced with us?

10. ronaldo9

ronaldo9 Well-Known Member

Is that a one time fee or pay per use?

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

$9.99 per bike or other vehicle (car/rv/trailer/truck/whatever) and $0.99 per parts ad or any other ad. Ad's stay up for 90 days.

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Honestly, what's the downside for 99% or the BBS population? They want to sell a $500 helmet, a $1000 set of leathers or a $20 whatever, it now costs them less than a buck. That's stupid cheap!

But now, instead of costing WERA an asston of time and money, they might *gasp* break even. Or worse, make a couple of bucks.

There is no downside except for a few dealers hiding in the classifieds selling their wares for free. Now they have to pay a couple of bucks. I still don't see the downside.

Do you?

13. G2G

G2G I feel the need

Only downside I see is the amount of stuff that will be sold through the WERA BBS. That is one thing I liked was coming on here and going through pages of for sale stuff. Thats what seperates this site from all the others.

But I do understand why this is being done.

14. TarzanMan

TarzanMan Well-Known Member

The same thing will happen as what happens to other classified sites. The number of listings will decrease and the bulk of people trying to sell stuff will go elsewhere where there isn't an out-of-pocket cost or time limit to worry about. (See Craigslist vs Ebay).

The classifieds are the only reason I visit this board, since I'm not a racer (I buy stuff here, i don't sell it). There is no shortage of motorcycle forums on the internet with classified sections... so you'll probably see something of a drop in traffic.

Good luck with your venture.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2011
  15. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Did a quick perusal of the new classified site - good stuff.

Charging nominal fees is more then fair, and quite frankly it seems like there will be better accountability for the people selling their wares. It'll only make the WERA classifieds that much better for the buyer, imo.

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeap, it might happen or it might be a success.

If we lose the members who are only here to sell items, have never raced WERA and will never attend a WERA event, where's the downside to that? They are making money off of WERA and giving NOTHING back.

I don't speak for WERA with this opinion but to those people . . . don't let the door hit you on the ass on your way out.

17. ryguy

ryguy Well-Known Member

no doubt it sucks, but i completely understand the move.

18. 4literranger485

4literranger485 gold member

this is the dumbest idea i've seen on this BBS. and believe me, there's been some dumb stuff in the off season lol.

This site is awesome because of the classifieds system (probably the best sportbike classifieds on the web). and it's pretty much the star of the show. this place is worthless w/out the classifieds.

19. markhamilton312

markhamilton312 Well-Known Member

I've no problem with the charge but why take the ad down after 30 days -the bike/part may not be sold - there's not much moving at the minute.

RC713 likes this.
  20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Don't let the door hit you....

We don't have these classifieds for you. We did them for our racers. We don't make money off of the traffic they draw. We don't make money off the ads. So now we can get rid of the bullshit non racers such as yourself and at the same time cut down on all the bullshit scams and outright thieves. Sounds like a win win for WERA and our actual customers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.