1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New WERA Classifieds Site Launched

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by Mongo, Feb 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mxracer95

mxracer95 Well-Known Member

Mongo, as one of your customers and a 2010 regional class champion, hopefully I can share my opinion without getting my head chopped off.

There is certainly going to be less classifieds traffic. Less sellers overall, many of whom may not be WERA customers and to which you say "good riddens" (actually, I don't think you put it so politely). But the WERA Forums were THE place for sportbikers to look to buy what they need BECAUSE they were free and open to everyone that wanted to make a buck at your expense. That includes WERA racers that need parts in a hurry to have their bike ready for the next race. Less sellers means it will be harder to find those parts. Which in turn means some racers may miss a race weekend or two.

I know for myself, I spend somewhere around $220-300 in entry fees each weekend, and I think that is about average. If even 1 racer can't make it out because they couldn't find the parts they needed in time, but likely could have found the parts with the old classifieds, that's a whole lot of $ lost that the new classifieds fees are not going to make up.

You make a lot of arguments about non customers using your resources for free. And that is a valid argument and I totally understand that point of view. However, what I think you are not giving enough credit to is that they were selling TO your customers which helps them remain your customers.

I'm in no way bitching about the fees. Just expressing my concern for lack of parts availability that might prevent your customers from racing.

2. firefightergarc

firefightergarc El Cuco!

just checking Bikes for sale run for 30 or 90 days for $9.99?

3. LordMDP

LordMDP ... ... ... ....

just posted a gas tank and payed with paypal--everything went pretty smooth

the pictures have to be tiny(in size)

I posted a WTB item and it still says awaiting approval? how long do you have to wait or does that not work yet

SWEET-it just got approved

Last edited: Feb 22, 2011
  4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

30 as far as I know. I'll check though. Not sure where the 90 was coming from.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

[email protected] always reaches me.

6. faztbikez

faztbikez Well-Known Member

hell yeah

I'M IN!!!! where do I send my money?

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Lets let it actually run for a while before assuming it's going to keep racers from making the events. Not to mention, if it takes a part to get to an event most every racer I know will help out another with whatever they need from brake pads to an entire bike.

8. yamaha_intern

yamaha_intern Money cant buy knives

I for one really like the new classifieds. Everything is going to be a lot easier to find and the prices are going to make sure almost every seller posting is legitimate about selling. I hate responding to posts and never getting a response back. This new site should get rid of that. Also seeing pictures, price, and other info before clicking the post is really nice. And the feedback rating thing is gonna be great. Ive always wished for an easier way to determine if a seller has sold items before and if buyers were happy.

The only things I wish to maybe change would be add a yearly membership fee( like others have suggested) Also I wish there were more sub categories in the main categories. For example "Parts" could be broken up into sections like brakes, engine, suspension, etc. Just as "Race Gear" could be broken up into boots, suits, gloves, etc.. This would make it even easier to find things. Lastly, a advanced search option where viewers could search based on price, distance, date posted, etc. would be nice.

Overall I think its a great idea that just needs some easy refinement.

9. RFairbairn

RFairbairn Well-Known Member

I was able to load the last four pics, for a total of 8, one at a time in edit. had to add a pic, click update one at a time though.

I've listed and sold a few things already. One of them sold in about 3 minutes so I'd say people are looking.

The best part in my opinion is the contact using email vs. pm's, much easier to keep track of and add pics etc...............

10. BuiltforSin

BuiltforSin In the grass

I had the same problem. I had to post the add, and then go back to edit and add the pictures.

Mongo, I know the picture size has already been updated once, but do you think you could possibly update it again for larger pictures?

11. piper907

piper907 Well-Known Member

+1 :up:

12. firefightergarc

firefightergarc El Cuco!

this is why i was confused..

13. metalkid88

metalkid88 Well-Known Member

So let me get this straight... we need to pay to sell things on here for what we are already using the money to keep ourselves racing in your buisness?:rolleyes:

14. faztbikez

faztbikez Well-Known Member

New Classifieds

after using the new site as a customer not a seller, this is what I see that might help.
    1.- Daily update emails on new posts ( parts, bikez,etc.)
    2.- Home page bottom part where it says just listed it gives you parts,bikez,wtb, all together so you have to scroll to see if there's something interesting, would Be easier if I click on parts and then have the option to looking by date posted or region
    3.- I would nice to have the option of how many listings per page, right now is only 10
    4.-Been able save items, right now its easy to find since there's not that many listings, but if you have 1000's of parts its going to be very dificult
    5.- on parts, missing categories
    I know the site is new so maybe you are Working on this already

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You need more than 2 megs per picture?

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That would be because I am an idiot on occasion and made a huge typo. I will talk it over with the boss about making it longer for bikes/vehicles.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Wanna look at your signature and tell me what money you use racing with WERA?

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Some old ideas we'll be working on soon, some new. Thanks for the input.

19. metalkid88

metalkid88 Well-Known Member

Wanna check the filend see how many thousands I've spent with wera. Just switched because you won't go to njmp

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And you made all of that money selling items on our BBS? Guess we should have upped your entry fees.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.