1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New WERA Classifieds Site Launched

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by Mongo, Feb 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You know that's something I find absolutely hilarious. You guys do realize where the vast majority of our income comes from right? It's entry fees. Those fees that you pay us to race. So all of you who race with us are paying the bills for all of the people who are using the classifieds to make money - and don't race with WERA or have anything to do with racing at all for a bunch of them.

Still funny to that people are bitching about paying such a ridiculously small amount to use someone else resources. I'm honestly not surprised, disappointed but not surprised.

2. mxracer95

mxracer95 Well-Known Member

I'm framing that and putting it on my wall! :p

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Eh, gotta call out idiocy when I see it, even if it is me doing it :D

4. BuiltforSin

BuiltforSin In the grass

You're right, maybe I should invest in some kind of photoshop program. :cool:

I think the Classifieds works great. I've already sold my suit, and selling my jacket now. Whether it be $.99 or $9.99 it is a small price to pay. I don't race in WERA, nor am I even at a racing level, but I don't mind supporting a site that I frequently visit.

5. bluedevil

bluedevil Well-Known Member

Respectfully: On a different point of view... Its bringing a large mass of easily accessible product to the racers as well. Instead of having to search for hours to find the right product for the right price used or new on a hundred sites... simply log on here... find it, buy it... Its servicing not only the sellers, but the buyers and racers all at the same time.. Free O charge. Its win win win when its free to this large of a degree. If you charge and ads go down to 15% of what they were (Which they will) then the few bucks made will be the only benefit. Next just a PP fees are often done.. the price of items will climb cause sellers will simply pass that cost on to the buyer.. Combined ad fee, PP fees, shipping... Many items end up being a fraction lower of just buying it new... There is more loss then win. IMO

Not saying either side is wrong.. just that there is more + on one side of the equation...

6. hazexban

hazexban Slow Poke

+1 I am new here and have sold things already and will be more than willing to help out with a .99 fee for those items.

One day I hope to be at Race Level and able to afford it.

The ability to sell with a flat fee and no commission is huge.

Hosting a site and keeping it running is not cheap, nor do I imagine running a whole Race Organization is cheap. So making some money (very little money)off other people making money sounds fair to me.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And once the other site is up and running full speed it won't be any different. Unless of course you can see the future....

Your math is hilarious too - are you seriously trying to tell me than 99 cents is going to take prices from their current state to just below new parts? Seriously? Because if 99 cents is the difference they're already just below new....

8. nikk777

nikk777 Well-Known Member

Is there a way to allow the seller to mark it "sold" and/or remove the ad? Less to go through and waste time on as a buyer...

9. RFairbairn

RFairbairn Well-Known Member

Click on Dashboard and you'll be able to see each ad and do all that.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, already built in, look at my Hypermotard ad for example.

11. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

as asked before, was there no way to incorporate this "pay to sell" into the existing WERA BBS?

honestly asking because I dont know the answer...

I think it would be a little bit more well received if it was done this way.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not the same way no. The BBS also has a lot of limitations on other things that we're doing with the new site which will make the whole thing much better for the advertisers.

13. Dangy

Dangy Well-Known Member

History has it whenever sites tried to make money it didn't go too well .. jus sayin

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Good thing we put on motorcycle roadraces to make money then huh?

15. snowbizx

snowbizx Well-Known Member

using the vbulletin software, there is a very, very easy way to incorporate a membership program that handles subscriptions and payments all by itself. it's automatically built into the forum. it would only allow those with paid memberships to start threads in the classifieds and would automatically expire after a year (or whatever time frame wera chose). however, there it not an easy way to charge people with the new structure, $1 per listing and $10 per bike. sean said he didn't care to preserve the current format and charge people a flat yearly fee because some users were going to post a couple parts all year - and some were going to be posting a lot more. however, it seems like a lot of people have expressed they would pay anywhere from $25-$50/year just to maintain the traditional forum-style classifieds section.

16. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

:stupid: Hell, I say $50 yearly fee for the old classifieds and a $50 donation to the AFF.
    I'm just not liking the new site.
    It's like trying to make me eat liver and onions. :D

17. gonecrazy

gonecrazy Well-Known Member

i would like to see a flat yearly fee for sellers. buyers it doesnt matter and nothing should change. There will be a drop though.

18. antor1

antor1 Well-Known Member

I would have to agree with you minus the the part where you say that prices of parts will jack up and be at a cost close to new, I dont think that will happen.
    As far as availability of parts I dont think that would be a big issue either, just a little but not as much, maybe in the long run. Where I think there might be a problem is for the racers selling their stock parts. Example how many racers would buy stock fairings vs selling them? Yes, its true all the non racers would go to the new classifieds and it would be pretty much the same thing, but most likely they (non racers) wont be posting stuff there, just buying. And that would take them (non racers) to another forum and this would cause racers to have a hard time selling their stock parts. This is just my opinion

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You guys are amazing. Go look at the new site, look at the views of items, where are you guys coming up with the drop in traffic?

Seriously - THIS SITE STARTED ONCE TOO!!!! It was not always here with thousands of ads and thousands of users.

20. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Im diggin the new Classified site.. Mongo.. Is there a way we can Edit the Adds? I know there is the Sold/Mark Sold option but that is it.. No biggie bjust wondering..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.