1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New WERA Classifieds Site Launched

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by Mongo, Feb 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quechingasese

quechingasese Member

I have to ask, Sean....

What's with the hostility towards people that aren't card carrying members of WERA yet? You seem like a pretty smart guy, but very angry and intolerant for no apparent reason. I guess I understand why you would feel like people are leeching and "fuck 'em and feed em to the fish", but not everyone in the world has had the opportunity to sign up with your organization yet.

+11111111 for an annual fee and keep the boards the same. It is proven that aesthetically pleasing websites generate more revenue than ugly ones. There is something very, very aesthetically pleasing about this forum. The new page blows (aesthetically).

Good luck.

Austin

2. PlayHard

PlayHard Well-Known Member

I find it absolutely amusing to read all the negative “FEE” comments. Come on guys, really??? You should be appreciative that it was available to you for so long, not bitching now that its going away.

3. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

I hate that WERA is only charging 99 cents. I would tax you clowns for a buck plus 10% or the sale price and make you list everything separate.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not hostile at all towards people who aren't WERA racers. I however do not see any reason to just blow off insults from people who are more pissy because they're not longer using our resources to put money in their pockets. When those people are not my customers and in all likelihood will never be my customers (especially those who aren't even racers and are just here to make money from racers) and they are being assholes, well, I'm going to call them assholes and treat them as such.

It's quite simple, I will respond in the same manner you approach me. For example, until you got insulting with the new page blows comment you were polite in expressing your point and you're being responded to politely.

5. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

So how long does it take for my wanted ad to be posted after further review?
    That in itself is a bit aggravating.
    I want instantaneous postage-ability. or something like that.

6. gonecrazy

gonecrazy Well-Known Member

the new classifieds SUCK, people are not going to waste there time listing the little odd and end parts that sell cheap anyway. You can already see the big difference in items listed. Think Im going to put together a FREE site for racers/riders to use to list stuff.

7. gapman789

I'm trying to post a WANTED ad for a head I need for a bike, but it's pending review?
    It's been 12 hrs. Is this normal?
    We all know that time is of the essence especially during race season. Racers need parts ASAP all the time....why the wait?

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Working on it.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

For those of you mad at me for responding in a not nice manner, this is a perfect example of the type of post that I respond to be telling them they're being a moron. Is there anything given the words the poster above chose to use or their "threat" to create another internet site that would or should lead me to respond to them in a polite manner?

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Plan ahead maybe? :Poke:

Seriously - it is not normal, however Rusty is the one approving them and he doesn't sit at the computer every second of the day waiting on you to post a wanted ad. It's a programming issue that is being worked on. It will change. Relax.

11. snowbizx

snowbizx Well-Known Member

not only is the title different, but the body of the email is different, too. "someone is interested in your ad listing: [link to your first item listed]"

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yes I know there is a problem. Again - working on it.

13. Dangy

Dangy Well-Known Member

I didn't mean that way .. but no disrespect in anyways .. I like the idea and hope it works ..GL

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No worries, we aren't doing it for money to make any sort of a profit.

15. gapman789

Believe you and me, I wasn't 'planning' on setting the cams out of time and ending up with (8) bent EX valves when I checked valve lash. :p

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Rusty had some fires at another job to put out over the weekend so he'll be working on the classifieds tonight.

17. gapman789

18. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

I really want to comment on all the whiney, self serving, pain in tha ass bitches that cry about every little change or anything that might not to to their ideal liking, but I'm gonna resist.

19. Indetrucks

Indetrucks Well-Known Member

That makes no sense to me. These "Bull Shit" non racers are no lesser than the people who race that wanna buy and sell stuff. Stuff is stuff and the classified section is the same reason I visit this forum.

Methinks scams are far and few between on here. But I guess it's all about money in the end isn't it? It's what life is about and what America is all about..
    Greeeeeeeeeeeeeeed is what is killing America, it's a trend that wont go away.
    /rant

Oh well.. all good things must come to an end.

20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

and why should WERA pay for the bandwidth for you to buy and sell things? Should WERA lose money just so you can get cheap parts?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.