1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New 2009 Teen Challenge Series

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by infinityreplica, Nov 30, 2008.

1. infinityreplica

infinityreplica Well-Known Member

I love this, you accuse me of making baseless comments about the Moriwaki and your doing the same yourself.

You mention you blew up 2 125 motors...........what year bike? And how much over tuning were you doing trying to make the bike faster around the track instead of relying on the rider to do that for you? We've raced 3 years at GP winning level with only 1 real motor malfunctioning (stock motors too), and it was a faulty ring that caught a bridge port this year at Barber. And used equipment is always subject to weirdness when you first get it so we understand that, but come on compare apples to apples will ya?.

If I think another piece of equipment does NOT offer the same benefit to a rider in training, then I am going to say it. As I did about the Moriwaki.

The biggest problem in youth road racing (IMHO) is ALWAYS the father.

Why not be willing to put your OWN opinion aside and genuinely look at what is really BEST for the rider, not your pocket book? Last time I checked, very few kids are racing on their OWN money? Usually a dad with the credit card at entry......you made a choice based on potential money in your pocket, live with it. Now your trying to protect your investment by bashing our idea, go for it....!
    We're simply offering to give other new fathers a chance to make a more informed choice for their kids future, you dont like it....fine, but compare real info, and dont accuse others of doing what your doing....okay?

Like I said before: statistics dont lie, they never do not matter how bad you try to twist them.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2008
  2. Gerloff310

Gerloff310 G-man

Once again, you have proved to be unprofessional and immature. You result to insults and name calling after someone doesn't agreee with your opinion. That should give people the answer they wanted about racing your series. I will not engage in this type of discussion. Good day.

3. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

Sounds like a great idea, wish this was around when I was 14. And damn you talk fast in that video! :) Good luck, keep us posted.

4. throttle

throttle Well-Known Member

I know several people that own/race the Honda, and none of them paid the full price for the bikes. Is it possible that the dealers will help the racers out on the cost of the bikes? Who will be the person signing the checks for the winnings? Can we get parts at any Aprilia dealer?

5. freels22

freels22 Well-Known Member

IMO, money is money. as a racer for fun i know that it gets costly. for the moriwaki it may be more up front but looks like you put gas in it, tires on it and ride. not too bad since they come ready to race. as for the aprillia sounds like you buy a bike and then have to get it ready to race.( not good for a newbie dad just lookin for a cheaper bike) now remember this is my own thoughts with no kids of my own that race. not knocking any series or boosting any. as far as development you can't really say that the aprillia will be better than the moriwaki as for i have seen 2 kids(garret & grayson gerloff) go from riding metrikits to 125's to the moriwaki and they keep getting faster. so IMO i would pick pay, gas it, put rubbers on it, and then get paid. ride more tracks, more races= better rider. good luck to both series.

6. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

The Moriwaki series is a very good training tool for the riders, even with the limited number of entry's there were some very good riders involved.

Saying that Rossi and others are great now because they rode a spec 125 road bike is like saying they are great because they wore pampers when they were young. Good riders will shine regardless of what they ride.

I was skeptical of the reliability of the Moriwaki's to begin with but after having first hand experiance with two of them during last year My opinion of them has changed. They have proven to be very reliable and fairly competetive given their very mild state of tune.

Marks 125's are in a reasonable state of tune, he tends to be a little more conservative then I would be on the jetting. Of his two failures neither was due to the state of tune they were in.

This was Garrets first full year of road racing and he has developed very well as a Rider, plus he's a great kid to boot. I look for him to do well this coming year.

There would be no Young roadracers if it weren't for their fathers allowing them to ride. Sure there can be overzealous parents, but for the most part they are nonexistent in racing. Mark and Lisa certianly aren't a problem for their Kids.

Several riders that raced the Moriwaki series made back enough to pay for the bike. Kris rode one for two months and made $10,000 on it. How many kids can win that kind of money on the Aprilia?

Like you said statistics don't lie, but they can be manipulated to show what you want. You listed a few riders that came through the Aprilia cup series and made it, there are hundreds that raced it and are still unheard of. Of the handfull that raced the Moriwaki series there are a few that have a bright future in riding motorcycles, give it five years and see what the percentages look like.

7. freels22

freels22 Well-Known Member

words of wisdom!
    one more thing i'm wondering, with the spec tire/fuel rules will this series be like the new dmg/ama where the top guys say screw it because of all the rules and the want to make everyone the same?

8. ducnut748

ducnut748 King of Speed

Frank
    I have read your post and have watched your recored presentation. I agree with your concept but not your approach. The Aprilia is A great starter bike, I rode one at Interstate Cycle. Awesome liitle machine. Trying to seel your series as a option for the Morwaki cup is A bit of A stretch. The Morwaki is more in tune with the more advanced younger rider..Turner,Gerloth. Your series would be more like A starter class for new riders, Could it evolve from there...absolutly.
    I am not saying riders in this country couldnt benifit from better devlopmental programs but there are allot of people that have been working with up an coming riders outside of the USGPRU, Our devlopmental riders have racked up 6 National WERA titles, 16 regional titles and over 60 wins in the last 2 years, A few of them are moving up the ladder with a solid platform built from running WERA Nationals and regionals.
    You have good Ideas with solid intentions........Just need to work on your approach

Aaron Brown
    AB-1 Motorsports

9. infinityreplica

10. infinityreplica

11. nc_mx_kid

nc_mx_kid Well-Known Member

UPDATE: I only have 1 RS125 in stock as I sold the other one yesterday :)

Please contact me to get one for yourself or rider.

Kyle

12. ad_fcsc

ad_fcsc Well-Known Member

RS125's in Atlanta..

I have about 6 in stock if anyone is interested..

Cheers,
    A.D.
    Vespa Midtown

13. Gerloff310

Gerloff310 G-man

I'm going to set the record straight on one statement above. I thought about this last night and I'm going to defend myself, even though my character speaks for itself. For those of you that don't know me, I don't want anyone to get the wrong impression of me or my family.

My boys are 3rd generation motorcycle racers. The Gerloff family has been racing some form of motorcycles since the early 1970's.

I raced motocross for 35 yrs. traveling and competeing all over the United States. I raced on and off during college and when I was getting my career started. I held the 2005 World Vet Motocross Championship title in the +35 Expert class. The boys started racing MX at age 4, following in my footsteps.

I converted to road racing in 2006 to give my body a rest from MX. As of this year I will hold an expert road racing license with WERA. My boys saw how much fun I was having on the pavement and decided to try it. Now, I can't get them back to MX even if I tried.

I've spent the better part of my life with a motorcycle between my legs. I am basically in semi-retirement this year so I can support my boys as they try to accomplish their motorcycle racing dreams. I sold my GSXR and bought another Moriwaki for my youngest son to compete on (worried about my investment?) this year along with the RS125's and Moriwaki that we currently race.

I tell you all this to let you know "this is not my 1st rodeo" or that I am not just some "Johnny come lately know it all father" to motorcycle racing. I certainly don't know everything there is to know about racing and I probably never will. I do know enough to get my kids on the track and give them pointers to help them to be competitive.

If it is not in God's plan for my children to race motorcyces and they woke up one day and said I don't want to do this anymore (not that I see that happening), I would be just as content going down another path in life.

We have raced between 30-40 road racing events all over the country in the last two years, and I have never had a disagreement with an official or had an argument or ill word with another parent for that matter.

Last year we took Chris Turner to a number of Moriwaki races knowing there was a 95% chance he would beat my son and lower our take home pay. Why? Because I want to see the best racers on the grid.....so my sons can further "DEVELOP" their racing skills.

At the track, I have an open tool box and all my spare parts are available to anyone that needs them to get them back on the track. Last year alone, I loaned out cylinders, pistons, rings, subframes, sprokets, jets, and the like. I have yet to have some items returned to me and I could care less if they never were because what goes around comes around and I am happy to be there to help. And, besides the racing was excellent.

To tell you the truth, when I 1st saw this post, I was like hmmm.......maybe another series for my boys to compete in? Frank, I don't know you from Adam, however, from the way you have handled yourself during this exchange, I will certianly not speak favorably of you and I will discourage anyone from racing your series. And, let me remind you of this....it is a close knit community. And if anybody is interested, I did some checking, and Frank has a pretty rocky past in road racing circles. This is not a good way to get your new series off the ground.

One more thing, If you say the USGPRU and Stewart's plan for developing road racers is not the way to go. Why do you have a rider competeing in his series? Why do you boast of his results there??

I've got some advice for you Frank......The next time you go to make another one of your "self gratifying" videos of yourself, you might want to check yourself and think twice before you open your mouth......the whole racing community is watching.

Am I the father of two aspiring young road racers, I most certainly am!

Am I the father that is a problem in road racing, I most certainly am not!

We look forward to a great 2009 racing season with USGPRU and WERA.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2008
  14. infinityreplica

I did some checking around on the President Elects background ......and it looks like hes got a pretty sketchy past..........hanging out at white hater churches, .....drinking with terrorists..........converting to Islam when a kid.....and hell he may not even be a US born citizen...........but what the heck, its a semi free country, why not......=)

15. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

You do realize politics and religion in the wrong forum is a bannable offense?

16. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

As a final note we have put this bike into our mini endurance series as a formula 4 bike. It will have to race against the Ninja 250 and RS85's. No internal engine mods will be allowed but you can lighten the thing all you wish. My bet is that even once AF1 gets a well built, well ridden version going the bike will still be slow when compared to the competition.

This has no bearing on Franks proposed series, just sharing my thoughts.

17. Gerloff310

Gerloff310 G-man

Is that the best response you can come up with? That was pathetic and weak at best!!! From your comments above and your incompetent reply to my post, your admittance of inappropriate conduct is completely transparent.

I believe you owe me and my family an apology, sir.

18. ducnut748

ducnut748 King of Speed

Considering he is promoting his own series and one that competes with WERA (You Know.....they lady that owns this site) then bashing another series, Did you expect anything better.....class act.

Ab

19. dan#55

dan#55 Member

I cant beleave how pathetic this has all got, thought racing was susposed to me a ladies and gentlemans sport not a kindergarden group. Fair enough things have been said on both parts but a internet forum isnt the place for it. Best thing everyone could do is to drop it.

Anyone racing next year will decide where they want to race. An extra series just means everyone has a extra choice.

20. Gerloff310

Gerloff310 G-man

Frank - My patience is wearing very thin!!!!! I want my apology posted on this thread by the end of today...........or I will start airing all the PM's you have been sending to me.

Do you really want all these people to know your "true colors" and how absolutely childish you can be????