1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New 2009 Teen Challenge Series

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by infinityreplica, Nov 30, 2008.

1. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

Sorry A., have to disagree with ya on this one. IMO the 2 stroke is the best training tool out there. They are less forgiving and harder to ride. Learn to ride a 2T fast and you can ride anything. JMO Tdub

2. ducnut748

ducnut748 King of Speed

I would agree with that thought 10 years ago, There are to many other bikes out there that do A better job.

3. infinityreplica

infinityreplica Well-Known Member

IF that is so true....then explain this to me......why were Alex Welsh and Kyle Ferris both turning times on a 250 GP bike at mid ohio during the 2007 final race, which were almost 2 seconds UNDER an FX AMA ( Roger Hayden's times, as we had one of his tuners with us that weekend)and conditions were identical ( weather, temp, etc)....and now Alex is riding a Factory Superbike and 600 for Kawasaki.....and he is doing almost as well as his new team mate whos been riding them for almost 10 years?

2 strokes ( especially small engine ones) teach a rider to be exact and precise with all their motions.......4 strokes allow a rider to BE lazy......and therefor learn bad habits......( oh god, here comes the critics on this one:wow:

Oh BTW those 2 GP bikes? they were basically stock and doing those times....what would it have been like with a kitted one?

Grab a 2 stroker and try to do the same times as your (comprable) 4 stroke......even the kids on the Morikakis are running about 1-2 second slower on a 4 stroke.....then an untuned 2 stroke....

DOnt take my word for it.....go do your own homework,.....we have.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2009
  4. ducnut748

ducnut748 King of Speed

Who said anything about whats faster? I know alot of kids that never got the hang of the 125 and became great 600 riders. What I am saying, there are smaller bikes out there that handle comparable to bigger bikes so why bother with learning on A bike that you will never ride again at the next level

5. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

I would attribute that to the 10hp difference in this case. Tdub

6. infinityreplica

Exactly,,,,,and what happens when you have a 60+ bhp 125 with a good rider on it? a difference that gets even greater...........IMAP ( In My Arrogant Opinion:bow:).....4 strokes create LAZY riders when used as a development tool for a young rider. 4 strokes make a perfect tool to use for training a 4 stroke rider, but did the rider really learn ALL he could learn about riding without getting the FULL experience of a two stroke under competitive conditons,,,where timing is crucial.....one misshift as example cost you 5-6 positions in a competitive race on a 2 stroke.

I know, I'm an arrogant prick.........but at least I'm honest

Last edited: Jan 1, 2009
  7. ducnut748

ducnut748 King of Speed

Whats the deal on that land crusier you have? I have A place out in Idaho where we could really use that buggy for how she was intended...Is it still for sale

Ab

8. infinityreplica

I have it, its about to go to the painters for the new steel on the doors and the paint.

I dont think your gonna want to spend what I want for it......( I dont think anyone is..to be honest). These redo projects can get WAY out of line before you know it........Im already at 20k, and not done yet.......( and I didnt do a FULL frame off on this round).

Looks like will have to keep it a few years ,and do a frame off later when it needs it.

9. infinityreplica

Got a call from Eursport Cycle in PA today....they are going to be bringing a bike in Race trim to the upcoming NY bike show. They also want all to know they have 8 bikes available right now.
    Dennis ( the owner ) says that they are planning to have a bike(team) sponsored in the series, and are also looking at doing something to help with the class development as well.
    you can find them at:
    www.eurosports.net

Bill Himmelsbach also works there as a tech for them.

10. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

I guess you missed my post #81. :rolleyes:

11. infinityreplica

I did.....:wow:, but I see it know:beer:

12. infinityreplica

Adopt a kid racer will be sponsoring 1 youth rider for the Replicast Challenge 2009. (aged 12-19)

Interested applicants sign up here,http://adoptakidracer.ning.com/ and create your race page with the adopt a kid racer social network. Tell us about yourself, upload photos of your racing and lets us know about your racing results.

Rider picked, to be announced Feb 10, 2009.

13. ducnut748

ducnut748 King of Speed

Yep, bit much, we looked at an H1 hummer for 24k, I swear the guy was about to cry about selling it

14. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

sidebar: Frank, you want to sell that van thing you keep up at storage? My RV is across from your van and I like it.

15. infinityreplica

Chris

Are you talking about the Grey Van/Hauler? ( which hasn't been there for almost a year) or the Toyhauler ( black )?

F

16. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

this is a van looking thing that says Infinity GP on it. Just went and dropped some stuff off at the RV and you are correct, its gone. Now it is a trailer.

17. MAGIFESQ

MAGIFESQ Well-Known Member

As far as the 2 stroke vs 4 stroke debate, I'm working on a green alternative fuel system just to keep them on the road just because the gov't wants to kill them

18. infinityreplica

Rick Merhar with Accu Mix products will be sponsoring the series.

We are working out the details on prize money this week.

Stay tuned for more.

19. nc_mx_kid

nc_mx_kid Well-Known Member

Sold the last RS125 I had on the floor. No Worries though, I CAN get more just by a call.. Interested people please call me to get a deal worked out.

Thanks

Kyle Pulley
    Matthews Fun Machines
    11240 E. Independence Blvd.
    Matthews, Nc 28105
    www.matthewsfunmachines.com
    704-847-8454

20. infinityreplica