1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New 2009 Teen Challenge Series

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by infinityreplica, Nov 30, 2008.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I totally agree and we look forward to having you.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Air away, Frank is being banned for a bit.

3. 1ghiaman

1ghiaman Well-Known Member

What else is a forum for but to discuss topics. If people dont like the thread then they can move on to the next.

What I dont understand is promoting another series and bashing existing series on this forum. Personally, I would zap the thread and ban the offender. Let them start their own board to go with their series. IMO.

Air away.

4. dan#55

dan#55 Member

What i meant by "internet forum isnt the place for it" is to do with the personal insults on both parts.

From what i can understand from the begining of the topic it doesnt actually slate one series to the next? Some valid points where expressed on both parts which i think is fair. But going into personal bitching i think shouldnt be on the internet forum unless thru PM's or a direct telephone call or meeting.

Just my thoughts on the matter

5. Zxrider

Zxrider Active Member

You guys remember what happen to the Aprilia Rs250 Cup Challenge?.Everybody was buying the Rs250 for $8500 and after 1 years there was no more Rs250 Cup Challenge

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

FWIW - Frank was banned for posting political stuff in here. I have a zero tolerance policy on that.

The personal stuff is up to each poster within reason. I don't like nuking threads because if people have read the first part and never saw someone defending themselves they could easily be left with the wrong impression of any given situation/discussion.

I don't like the advertising of a competing series on here. I find that actually to be just plain rude more than anything. But I also think that it has some potential to help the sport overall so I'll let it slide for now.

7. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

There is a reason I ask Mongo for permission before I post anything CMRA related. Its his sandbox. Plus, he does not piss on my parade. Its called professional courtesy and in a business this tiny, it is critical.

8. Gerloff310

Gerloff310 G-man

I would have certainly never defended the Moriwaki series on this forum if WERA had a competing series for that bike.

We are a HUGE supporter of WERA because of their effort to support youth road racing!

Let me know when Frank is back on. I will expect my apology then.

9. Gerloff310

Gerloff310 G-man

I guess I'm confused and I'm trying to make sense out of all this........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJg1NT2ac4c&feature=related

........as of couple of months ago you said the Moriwakis provided great racing (2min 34sec mark in video) and that you were going to put more focus in the 125ccGP class with the USGPRU next year and potentially get involved with the Moriwaki class. (4min 17sec mark in video)

So now that you have a possible competing series and probably stand to make a profit from being the sole provider for the race bodywork that will be used on the Aprillia series (I'm assuming here), the Moriwaki no longer is a good bike and the USGPRU is not a good series for youth race development in road racing.

Is it really necessary to run everybody down just to make a buck????

Last edited: Dec 8, 2008
  10. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

Frank,

Gerloff has a major hard on for you now. I would apologize as soon as I got unbanned if I were you.

11. Gerloff310

Gerloff310 G-man

Not a major one.....but he should have thought twice before insulting publically and privately (PM's) on this forum.

New shipment of Moriwaki's on the way. It should be an awesome series next year.

http://www.moriwaki.co.jp/top_news/081205-eng.pdf

12. Mook

Mook Well-Known Member

a few bowls of popcorn waitin' on this one...:moon:

13. infinityreplica

infinityreplica Well-Known Member

14. freels22

freels22 Well-Known Member

15. Gerloff310

Gerloff310 G-man

Now that Moriwaki is going to be paying contingency for the WERA 125ccGP class, I would say Mongo has good reason to ban him for life for "conflict of interest".

Mongo, what do you think????

16. sanfret

sanfret Almost as fast as my kid

I haven't seen official word of that contingency announcement, where is it posted?

17. Gerloff310

Gerloff310 G-man

Mongo mentioned it in the "Proposed E Superstock rules" thread in the "General" section. Down around post #17.

18. Gerloff310

Gerloff310 G-man

19. EMathy

EMathy Dreaming of a *****...

Mongo will ban who he wants and when he wants. He's already stated in this thread that advertising a series with a competing org is rude but he'd let it ride.

If you try to stir the pot and he'll likely ban you instead. :D

20. Gerloff310

Gerloff310 G-man

I think Mongo understands my position on this particular thread.