1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New 2009 Teen Challenge Series

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by infinityreplica, Nov 30, 2008.

1. knedragon29

knedragon29 Well-Known Member

welp not one Aprilia showed up at Homestead Round #2 this past weekend :confused:

2. Butters

Butters Well-Known Member

This is turning out to be a great race season for this season. Lets just see if we can make it 3 a the NJMP round in July. I just think that it is funny that Mr. Frank has not said a work since the the season has started and no one has showed. He was all about stating the bike number for the Moriwaki series but it my math serves me correct 5 is greater than zero.

3. Butters

Butters Well-Known Member

Do we plan on the NJMP round to be a total flop just like the Summit Point round? It will be interesting to see the bike on course with the Moriwaki if anyone does show up.

4. Inquizid

Inquizid Member Well-Known

I'm the slow guy on the Ape125

Uh it's painful to start my first forum post with that title....I'm not Mr. computer and I am not so keen on the internet, (I generally choose not to associate with the robot race). But none the less I feel as though I should give some background. The Ape just fit the budget. This is my first year out and I have had to do zero work on this bike, (Short of crash damage). I'm only changing the tires cause the stock ones suck but they still have plenty of life left in them. Of coarse we'll do a full breakdown this winter, try and make her faster, but the ideal plan was to just get out there and run the bike stock for the first season. And I can't say enough good things about her performance, for a two stroke to take this abuse it's down right amusing.

The reality is when I did the math it was just as cheap to run WERA as it is to do trackdays on this thing.....so be it. I've had a blast on a bike that I can learn on and the club racing community support has been awesome....so what if they chuckle behind my back....I still have a smile ear to ear every weekend on the way there, and back.

:beer:

5. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Would this be Austin?

6. Inquizid

Tis I...

Went down at Road Atlanta....(somebody stood their bike up next to me)...."that's racing" Patched her up and got back out there Sunday...the Honda's seem to be blowing motors cause I started in a grid with 5 at Barber and end up on the podium....go figure....going back to Barber this weekend, I love that track.

7. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Hey Austin, this is Caleb's dad. We were the guys pitted right by you at Roebling during the "Noah's flood of 2009".

We'll be there Fri morning. When are you showing up? We need to pit together. I'll show you that the Honda isn't as bad as you're worried about. The guys that seize and blow up engines are the ones pushing the jetting to the limit. We've never "blown" a motor. I did tear up a top end at VIR, but it was my fault in not setting the ring gap properly. Anyhow, us 2-stroke guys need to stick together. :)

8. Inquizid

I have a 2 wk old...

New baby boy named........Ryder Neal Burchardt....cheeky I know.
    So I'll only be there on Sunday due to obvious time/money constraints.

Hope he grows up into a great kid like yours, (And just as fast).
    Don't worry I have braced and prepared in case he does not to like motorcycles...gasp! Wife is a total trooper, the deal was that I'd stop riding on the street which turned out fair...all my AMA buddies stopped riding on the street yrs ago....it only takes ten minutes in ATL traffic before someone on a cell phone reminds me why I stopped.

But yeah we do need to stick together....I'm not saying the Honda's are bad, give my bike 5 -10yrs of track abuse and I'm sure I'll have the same issues or more.....so the fact that this bike is 5K brand new, even with the Rotax 123, makes it a cool intro race bike, (This thread was begging for me to chime in). I figured the other dads were just over doing the mods...you just confirmed it....note to self, don't overbuild your kids motorcycle.

Look forward to seeing you Sunday....NOAA forecast calls for rain :(
    But weather.com says cloudy....I'll side with them.

9. knedragon29

knedragon29 Well-Known Member

the Thread was never really about the bike!:crackup:

10. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Weather.com just looks like typical summer weather. 30% chance of rain. That's not too bad. We'll see you there Austin. :)

11. Inquizid

True...

knedragon29, but it got a little sour so I had no problem hijacking it to speak on the bike and fess up to being the guy on that slow street bike seen at Barber...

12. Interesting that this thread got so much attention over the last 10 months. considering NO one was interested in the idea

13. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Frank,
    I think a lot of people were just interested in the drama. Personally, I always have high hopes for any 2s class! Heck, I love watching the vintage guys just to see all the smokers come out to play!

14. Clay,

thanks for acknowledging that point. Seems thats what most people like these days, drama.

What ever happened to looking at purpose, goals, etc?

too much reality TV I suppose, blunted personal goals in america in general. We used to be a nation of people that "worked together" now, we work against each other, and probably dont realize it most of the time.