1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MM's win pending crank inspection

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by BC, Aug 17, 2008.

1. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

especailly if the ama ordered the stinkin things for inspection. wouldn't it make sense for dealerships "x" and "z" to have ordered one each, and those get picked up and inspected by ama tech guru's. (and i'm not picking on suzuki, apply that to any brand pending inspection):confused:

2. Phat Chance

Phat Chance Silence, I kill you!

Ding, ding, ding... BINGO!

They had Spies' and Haden's crank on the bench with Maladin's all at the same time. Why would you only take one back when you had 2 others there at the same friggin time? Smells like 3 day old fish.:Poke:

3. JamesG

JamesG Architeuthis dux

The last time Yosh got busted during an inspection was for running 750 wheels on a 600 supersport a few years ago wasn't it?

4. G 97

G 97 Garth

Brainerd, hacking, after market rims

5. OldSchlPunk

OldSchlPunk Well-Known Member

For years people bitched about the AMA not enforcing the rules. Now that they are they are vindictive, petty and childish. Go figure.

Maybe Mr. Knowitall should've applied for the job...

JU has a valid gripe. It was his crank that was in the AMA's possession, and they didn't handle it with proper care. It happened, move on. Unless y'all have never screwed up.

6. ducnut748

ducnut748 King of Speed

Sorry, I get paid to know more about rule books then the people that write them, Although I would enjoy working on the other side of the fence someday

:up:

7. Kevo

Kevo Well-Known Member

You get one day to overnight samples from the warehouses...that way you can't manufacture or change any parts.

8. ducnut748

ducnut748 King of Speed

So you have A few sitting in the warehouse ready to go, Just A thought

Ab

9. OldSchlPunk

OldSchlPunk Well-Known Member

^ Sure, but then you can't use a crank until you do get some backups into the warehouse. Right? Else you might get torn down with a one-off crank.

You have a point, a very interesting point. Might even get away with it as long as you have your ass covered.

After meeting and talking to Jim, I don't understand why he would ask the fox to supply his own alibi, you know?

Who's to say they didn't also go to the local dealer and buy a crank for comparison. We don't know.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2008
  10. sdg

sdg *

There is nothing wrong with the crank...

I'd be real, real surprised.

11. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

rule book say it is legal to work on journals.polish or surface treatment.dents and scratches falls in surface treatment :)

12. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

Isn't this supposed to be "Professional" racing? Why doesn't the AMA/DMG just go to a local dealership and BUY a whole stinkin' GSXR1000 and take the silly crankshaft out of it for inspection? Aren't they supposed to have a bunch of GSXR1000 crankshafts anyway (the bike is homologated for Superstock and SBK right?)?

One more thing: Why is only Mladin's crank under review? Spies also finished on the podium, it seems like you'd tear him down too seeing as he might just have the same stuff inside his engine as Matt. Is this common for the AMA to only tear down the winner and ignore the 2nd and 3rd place finishers?

Last edited: Aug 21, 2008
  13. beechkingd

beechkingd Well-Known Member

Maybe they all looked the same and they will DQ all three of them. :rolleyes:

14. Phat Chance

Phat Chance Silence, I kill you!

I understood that the top 3 were torn down.

15. casjoker

casjoker Refusing middle age

Maybe Matt's was the one that looked suspect and the others were ok. I think this is mostly sour grapes on AMA/DMG part for Matt and Suzuki telling them to shove their new series.

16. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

I have a helper, stand and tools on standby now, as I get a lucky ticket every year. :D

Help me out, as I ain't no expert. If the modifications (assuming there are any) are small enough that an initial inspection can't find anything amiss, what kind of performance advantage could be gained?

17. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

Maybe he's using a corked crank.

18. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

pine tar was over the limit.

19. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

Simple, Just send your wife/ employee or someone in to overnight a crank go to another dealer and over night another crank. that way 2 different cranks

20. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

if you don't know what you're looking for i can see 10-15 midrange could be more