1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MM's win pending crank inspection

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by BC, Aug 17, 2008.

1. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

I just have to think that, why chance it when you know your going to be torn down after pretty much every race?

2. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

My point was more about how many dealerships would even bother to have a crankshaft for an '08 GSX-R1000 (or any other model for that matter) in stock? Those things can't be cheap even at dealer cost and it's not like there is a high demand for them. Hell, I'd bet that many shops wouldn't even have clutch plates in stock for most bikes let alone high $$ items like crankshafts. :)

3. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

You are aboslutely Correct in every way! but that's one way to get the parts under the radar of the evil empire !

4. lvbluer6

lvbluer6 Well-Known Member

5. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

SNAP! :wow:

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

7. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

What was the nature of the modification?

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They don't say and based on the other dq's they won't say.

10. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

So wouldn't Ben's bike be the same as Mat's? Will he get DQ'd too?

11. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

How odd is it that Mat's crank was different than his teammates? Are the engine build's specific to the riders? I figured Yosh had a spec build for the team.

12. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

If they really are different it kind of kills the whole "Mat, Ben and Tommy are all on exactly the same equipment" argument doesn't it. :D

13. Strick

Strick Good to be king

They have their own engine guys that build them

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They each have their own engine builders.

They didn't take Ben's crank s they either didn't look at his as part of that teardown or it was different.

15. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Does this mean MM was getting better performing parts than Ben??

If so, why?

Is Yosh trying to sabotage Ben's season in an effort to keep him here another season??

Just thinking out loud.

16. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

I do find it odd to think that Mat would be using a different crank from Ben, especially when they know how likely it is that they're going to be scruitinized with a microscope after every race.

Well, unless they're going to DQ Ben then that pretty much finishes up this year. Nothing left to watch in Superbike. The glorious Factory Superbike years end with a whimper rather than a roar.

17. Strick

Strick Good to be king

Man you guys come up with some off the wall theories. :rolleyes:

18. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

MAT WASN'T USING A DIFFERENT CRANK THAN BEN....THEY JUST DIDN'T LOOK AT BEN'S CRANK TOO!!!

What's so hard to understand?

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Were you in the teardown?

You could be right but stating it as fact seems a bit silly unless you were there.

20. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I would love to be able to listen to Mat's next conversation with his builder.