1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MM's win pending crank inspection

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by BC, Aug 17, 2008.

1. onepointone

onepointone Well-Known Member

My buddy and I were talking about this situation this past weekend. I wonder how many times in recent years they have been protested and tore down since they are so much faster.

It doesnt matter how they get that crank back. Im sure they have a few more laying around.

2. Stillie

Stillie Off that like Jay-Z

Good. It's about time someone returned that kind of customer service to American Suzuki. :Poke:

3. bel-biv

bel-biv Well-Known Member

Tell that to John Ulrich after the powers that be inspected the crank off of one of his racebikes after Daytona.
    It was returned damaged to the point it was un-usable despite the fact that it was not in violation of the rules.

4. Chip

Chip Registered

This is what tech is supposed to do. Inspect stuff to make sure its legal. What is the problem?

5. onepointone

onepointone Well-Known Member

I was refering to the "money aint a thang" budget of the Suzuki team.

I watched them swap Spies engine Saturday afternoon after the superbike race. Im sure it was just to make sure he was on an absolutely fresh engine. Im sure a missing/damaged crank isnt going to hurt them too much.

I know its more of a principle thing however.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They haven't been protested but the AMA has torn them down to one extent or another every round.

7. Phat Chance

Phat Chance Silence, I kill you!

Any news yet??

8. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

I heard that they determined that the crank has a lot of non-stock dents and scratches on the journals, which constitute illegal modification...

9. Sean Jordan

Sean Jordan Well-Known Member

Bombshell!

It was determined that Mladin had an Italian-spec crank in his bike!!!!

:eek:

10. Phat Chance

Phat Chance Silence, I kill you!

John, Sounds like the voice of experience speaking.

I did think that it was strange that they ask Suzuki to send them 2 more stock cranks to compare to Matt's. I guess whatever was done to Matt's crank, Suzuki can do to the ones they send the AMA?:D

11. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Or they could have sold the originals to pay staff.:D

12. Strick

Strick Good to be king

I thought those were only to be found on returned items, after the inspection? :D

13. Palanon

Palanon Well-Known Member

:crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup:

That would warrant 6 crack ups if it didn't have a big ring of truth.

14. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

:D

15. Kevo

Kevo Well-Known Member

They did the same thing with Attack. They allow them the opportunity to send comparision samples from the warehouses.

16. ducnut748

ducnut748 King of Speed

What A bunch of asshats.....The AMA has asked Suzuki to send them some crankshafts to do A comparasion........What is stopping Suzuki from sending the AMA A crank that was identical to the one that was in the motor.
    If the AMA was serious, wouldnt they go down to the local Suzuki shop and buy 2 crankshafts.......Just another reason they shouldnt be involved in racing

17. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

I thought they submitted parts at the beginning of the season..... but apparently I was wrong on that thought. I agree that Suzuki could essentially send a worked part for comparison.

18. Strick

Strick Good to be king

Don't let the fact the DMG is running things stop your rant.

19. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

How many "local Suzuki shops" would even have a single crankshaft in stock (much less two of them!). Any local dealer would have had to do the same thing that AMA/DMG is doing and order (or in this case request) crankshafts from American Suzuki. My guess is that process for a "local Suzuki shop" would likely take many days more. :)

20. ducnut748

ducnut748 King of Speed

I guess if they really had there shit together they would have had the OEM,s submit complete stock bikes at the beginning of each new model year.
    Asking them to submit parts at this point is kind of assinine.