1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MM's win pending crank inspection

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by BC, Aug 17, 2008.

1. BC

BC Well-Known Member

2. Sig

Sig Well-Known Member

trick cranks must help you brake like a fucking mad man too. :)

3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Ben and Mat have been kicking ass for years and the AMA is a lame duck. Why now?

4. BC

BC Well-Known Member

New tech peeps keeping it real.

5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Why? It isn't like they will have a job in a few months.:D

6. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Honda>check
    Kawasaki>check
    Suzuki>
    Yamaha>

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Why? Because in the press, Suzuki has been kicking DMG/ AMA collective dick in the dirt for months.

Attempted payback time.

They've been f@cking with M4 and RRW.com all year.

8. random hero

random hero Banned

Double True

9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Excellent point. I guess I'll have to try to make it to the Road Atlanta round. It doesn't look like we'll see top riders on the fastest machines for a few years and I'm getting old.

10. 999

999 Well-Known Member

Because the OEMs no longer call the shots? :up:

11. Sig

Sig Well-Known Member

maybe this is naive on my part.......but wouldn't all the yosh bikes have the same crank?

12. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

I just came up with a question based on this........

The factories submit parts to AMA to be the benchmark for comparison in situations like these right?

So, with the factories being out, will DMG have to BUY all the parts to compare to next year I suppose? That would suck for them

13. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

They should buy one of every bike they allow and take it apart, and that is the parts standard for the year....:)

14. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

:stupid: but buy a random bie from various dealers! So suzui can't sell you the special parts!

15. gixxersmitty

gixxersmitty Well-Known Member

Here's my question. If you have a rider that is more than likely going to win or at least podium, why risk getting DQed by putting questionable parts in a bike that you know is going to get torn down and inspected?

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I know the AMA has gotten whole bikes and taken them apart in the past to get the parts for comparison.

17. holzerd

holzerd Oracle of Useless Facts

I wonder how Mrs. Mladin feels about that...
    :)

18. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

Like gixxersmitty said. Why would Yosh even consider putting a cheater part in?

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm not sure they did, it could be simply a double check, doesn't mean they suspect something is wrong.

20. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

This being the second time in a row they had to hold onto the crank for awhile to compare it to a stock one back at the shop....why don't they bring the damn parts they are going to inspect to the track so they don't have to do that?

I call it grandstanding.