1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whats going on in Oregon?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by joec, Jan 3, 2016.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

He didn't have composure during any part of the video so no need to try and maintain it.

I agree he didn't need to die for his beliefs. I disagree they they shouldn't have shot him for his actions. They didn't care about his beliefs at the time he was shot.

cav115 likes this.
  2. ton

ton Arf!

the Bundy brothers are having a tough go of it in jail.

http://www.opb.org/news/series/burn...-bundy-civil-rights-lawsuit-multnomah-county/

"My rights are being violated. My right to life is being violated. All of my First Amendment rights are being violated. My right to freedom of religion is being violated,” Ryan Bundy wrote in a supporting statement. “My Second Amendment rights are being violated. I never waived that right. My Fourth Amendment rights are being violated."

interesting constitutional theories you're working there, fellas...

Jedb likes this.
  3. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Pretty funny to me.

I also heard that they've made a request to the Koch brothers for financial aid for their legal stuff.

4. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Mofo's are screwing up once into the magic underwear they will be out of there.

5. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

He's finding out that he HAS no rights. Forget the first ten amendments, even the big three "Life. Liberty. And the pursuit of Happiness." (whatever the hell that means) can be revoked by the state.

If it can be taken away by the state, how is it anything but a state-granted privilege?

6. Jedb

Those rights are yours to pursue, as long as you don't break social contract (laws).
    He's finding that those rights can be revoked if you violate the basic social contract you keep with society.
    He's broken multiple laws, and he's in jail as a direct result.

7. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Those rights are revoked when you step on the wrong toes.
    I've seen too many real criminals walk free to believe otherwise.
    Everybody breaks the law pretty much every day.

8. Jedb

I would agree with you.
    The general concept of a social contract (or the golden rule) serves to keep us mostly in line..

9. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

RIGHTS can't be revoked, no matter what an individual might do. Only PRIVILEGES can. It's semantics, sure, but privileges is the proper word.

10. deepsxepa

deepsxepa Hazardous

the real question is: how is one obligated? you say "social contract" how is that? i mean, where and how does one sign up for such? is it not written?

the person is a creature of the state, the Man, is not. who is who?

11. ped

ped Banned

and he thought his rights were being violated when he just wanted to use land he didnt own to do whatever he wanted!

12. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Sounds like Occupy Wall Street.

sheepofblue likes this.
  13. aedwards01

aedwards01 Well-Known Member

14. gixxerreese

gixxerreese Well-Known Member

15. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Yet one of the crew died over it. The whole damn situation was just stoopid.

16. aedwards01

aedwards01 Well-Known Member

Well somebody had to. The government had to remind people what will happen when you try and rise up and protest against them. :D

17. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

While you threw in the Big Smiliey Dude at the end of your comment.... It is the Truth.

18. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Damnit, I was really hoping to go one damn weekend in Portland without a protest....sigh......

19. deepsxepa

deepsxepa Hazardous

from that link:

"No, Im not re presenting myself, I AM myself!"

Be a man!

seems to me one man was murdered.

cpettit and aedwards01 like this.
  20. deepsxepa

deepsxepa Hazardous