1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whats going on in Oregon?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by joec, Jan 3, 2016.

1. Ian178

Ian178 Well-Known Member

Nope, if that guy wanted to keep breathing all he had to do was jump face down in the snow. He declared that it was going to be a gunfight ealirer when he said, i'm paraphrasing, "i'm going up the road, you're gonna have to shoot me to stop me".

2. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

There was a gunfight?

3. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

[​IMG]

4. ped

ped Banned

Thanks to the quick action of law enforcement, nope.

5. JTW

JTW Well-Known Member

Agree. There was a whole lot of stupid in that video. If he wanted to live, then he shouldn't have run and just got out of the truck to begin with. Sometimes stupid hurts and sometimes it kills...this was the latter.

6. chas

chas Well-Known Member

Hmm, they setup a roadblock in a blind corner and then claimed that the driver tried to ram the roadblock and that is why they felt their lives were in danger?

Im questioning their decision to set that road block up where they did. That position contributed to the overall end results in a negative way.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

WTF? Original stop should have shot his ass after the whole "We got people on the way. You want a bloodbath it's going to be on your hands." Sure as hell a threat to the officers.

Every last one of those fools in the truck is nuts. "We have children in here" Yeah and you're keeping them in there in danger to try and somehow screw with the cops. What a bunch of bullshit to use kids like that.

Sure seems too like a lot of the shots they're saying came later were flashbangs and tear gas, not bullets.

I had a little more sympathy for the dead dummy before the in car.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That corner wan't that blind. Look at how long he had the brakes on before the roadblock - even in a truck that size it's plenty of time to get stopped.

9. chas

chas Well-Known Member

Exactly, he came around the corner, saw the road blocked, applied the brakes and steered further to the left to try to not hit the vehicles in the roadblock. He was traveling at a high rate of speed which added to the poor decision of the cops to setup that road block where they did.

Im not saying one side or the other were justified in their actions, Im just saying I can see flaws in where the roadblock was placed and how it contributed to the actions of all involved.

10. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

When does the civil rights violation investigation begin?

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No, he saw the roadblock, braked some but not a lot (I've had that truck, they slow down a LOT quicker than that when you want them to), then tried to drive around the roadblock because after all "I'm gonna go see the Sheriff!"

He then jumps out of the truck waving his arms around towards cops. That's how you get shot. That's a justifiable shoot no matter which side you're on in the initial BS.

12. chas

chas Well-Known Member

Right after Hillary gets arrested?

13. 600 dbl are

So you know exactly how fast he was traveling, and how long it would take him to brake, all the while knowing how much pressure he applied to the brake, on snow/ice covered roads just from that video? How about no.

14. Ian178

Ian178 Well-Known Member

"traveling", did you do that on purpose? lol

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup:

Snow/ice covered? Nope. Watch the video.

Yes, I can tell by how quickly the truck was moving by watching the video and seeing how quickly it stopped when it hit the snow bank, a 7k pound truck doing 50 would go a lot further. Truck didn't slow much at any time during the braking, nose didn't dive (they do quite a bit on the 4x4s), the people in the back not in seatbelts didn't go flying into the back of the front seats (yes they moved - slightly). All of this would happen in when you slam on the brakes. It's easy to tell all of that from the video. Add in the other video proving he didn't panic along with his definite use of brakes as evidenced by the lights coming on, the only conclusion I can reach is he thought he could drive around it.

16. 600 dbl are

You're a forensics savant! There's slush all over the road. If there's snow, there's no possible way there could be ice right? A vehicle doesn't stop as rapidly when it's sliding does it?

Here's a fact, you have no idea how hard he was braking, nor the exact condition conditions of the road or exactly how fast he was traveling. Try again rain man.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You're seeing things you want to see. Everything I said is patently obvious in the video. Hell, the road in the curve is even dry, you can see the color change compared to the edges where the melting snow makes it darker.

The vehicle was never sliding, well, not until he tried going around the cops :crackup:

This isn't rocket science, just look at the video, it's all right there.

BTW - another note on the supposed sliding, watch his hands when he's braking - ABS never kicked in, it makes the steering wheel bounce a bunch. Well, the truck shudders but you can see/feel it in the wheel.

18. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Watching the video again, accompanied by the audio and video taken in the vehicle, does not change my opinion much except it reinforces my opinion that the people in the vehicle are/were nothing more than semi-ignorant bumpkins that decided to thumb their noses at law enforcement. It really doesn't matter whether or not they thought they had the right to do it but rather what matters is that someone does not have the right to thumb their nose at law enforcement in the first place. The man that was shot indicated early on that he intended to confront LE and to hell with the results of his actions. Maybe he felt that, with all those extra people in the truck with him, there was strength in numbers. I don't know. It turns out that he was as dumb as a bag of rocks. I have no sympathy.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I am glad the chick in the middle of the back seat got her sparkle makeup on for her mugshots.

20. pkaustin

pkaustin Well-Known Member

Claim: Finicum had no chance to stop when encountering the roadblock, forcing him to drive off the road to avoid a collision.

Investigation: Investigators calculated Finicum had 862 feet – nearly the length of three football fields – to stop once he saw the roadblock. A state police van chasing him did manage to stop. Investigators experimented twice, replicating Finicum's estimated speed, and concluded he could have stopped.

cajun636 likes this.