Whats going on in Oregon?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by joec, Jan 3, 2016.

1. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Misogynist. :Poke:

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nuh uh - the man gets hated. The woman is all cool :D

cav115 likes this.
  3. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

For what it`s worth, watch vid, he reached across to opposite side to his mid section, after the first shot.

Why would he reach across his body to get to his pocket?

Would someone maybe grab their side after being shot?

Questions remain.

They "the man" said gun was "in his pocket" not holstered.

4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Maybe he was accustomed to one of those cross body holsters like all the cool gunslingers wore.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Doesn't matter where the gun was. No way the man knew that ahead of time. They see a known nutjob reach for something, they assume gun, rightly so.

6. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

I guess I would have to disagree with that the guy was not known forever shooting anyone none of them were. And he reached for his side right after being shot I don't see where that gives them the right to hammer down and shoot him repeatedly .

They set up a roadblock ahead of time surely they had time to take cover the guy didn't even pull a gun it was in his pocket not in a holster again I think lots of questions remain.

7. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

I see now there's an investigation as to why the FBI denied shots fired buy them when in fact according to the state is they did.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

He spent how long screaming about how he wanted to be shot? He jumped out of the truck doing what? Oh yeah more screaming about shooting and bloodbaths and the like.

No questions remain on why he got shot.

9. sdg

sdg *

Well, he got what he wanted.

Still don't think it was necessary but he didn't give them much option, especially talking that much shit.

R Acree likes this.
  10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Agreed on both counts.

11. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

What he wanted was to talk to the sheriff. And he was obviously fired up.

Just not buying shooting someone who is hands up, even if he`s acting crazy and talking shit. And then justifying shooting him in the back after he lowers his hands after being shot. No gun in sight.

Trained agents.

12. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

They were shooting the truck before it stopped.

He had NO history of violence.

I don`t agree with shooting someone for what they say, especially when they have no violent history.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So all of the screaming about being shot and bloodbaths was a joke? Funny.

If you're dealing with a crazy man who reaches for his midsection and you don't shoot you're an idiot and more often than not will be dead yourself. That is how they are and should be trained.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The truck itself is/was a weapon. He was running at the roadblock and not trying to stop. Of course they shot at it.

His history is a moot point after his ranting and raving at the first stop and his running from those cops and his running out of the truck.

Not sure why you keep trying to make excuses for him but the cops involved did nothing wrong. The dead guy did everything wrong.

15. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwj2p8nkobnLAhWDOCYKHfzoD_UQqQIIHjAA&url=http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-standoff/2016/03/mystery_shots_fired_at_lavoy_f.html&usg=AFQjCNG4ijdurkN2tpDbfMsYpF7yS4v44Q

We will agree to disagree.

I think he was talking shit; his actions proved he wasn't violent. I don`t think he should have been shot, with hands in the air. And if he was trying to hit the roadblock, why swerve?

Cops did no wrong? Remains to be seen.

FYI I have a lot of cop friends, and am a big supporter. this looked like a cowardly act to me.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2016
  16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

He was talking shit that was a direct threat to the cops who pulled him over and the people in his vehicle. yeah, just ignore that, it's all good, he's just joshing around right?

His actions of what? Running at a roadblock then trying to go around it? His actions of jumping out of the truck and then running at the cops? Yeah, nonviolent actions.

This is exactly why I think body cams are useless. Even with all of the crystal clear evidence in front of them, people are delusional.

17. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Delusional? Did you watch the video?

He jumped out, hands up and was shot.

Are you saying you think its ok to shoot someone with hands up?

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

He ran a road block - was shot. Jumped out of the vehicle rather than sit there - was shot (where his hands were is a moot point after jumping out of the truck). He then reaches where a gun could easily be - and was shot more.

He did multiple things to threaten the lives of the cops on the scene and was killed for it.

Yes. Delusional. You don't get to try all of the shit he did and then all of the sudden the cops think you're as innocent as a newborn baby and no harm to them or others. Reality doesn't work that way. You can't just ignore the shit he did and then try to make it someone elses fault. That is a delusional reaction to everything on the video.

19. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Where his hands were doesn`t matter? Ok. ( the officers I know disagree)

He always said "shoot me", not threaten them.

Never said or meant he was innocent. Should have been brought in and jailed.

What idiot stands in FRONT of a roadblock? (again the words of local officers)

The people on site didn`t give a shit about anyone`s safety; firing into a vehicle with kids in it. They could have waited for him to get out. Then theres that investigation ongoing.

I don`t think you are delusional; you have an opinion like we all do.

Have a great day.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

When he initially jumps out of the truck? No they don't matter.

He absolutely threatened them - listen to what he says during the first stop.

There were no kids in the truck. Unless you think 18 is a child which I guess could be a valid point.

I think you are delusional still, sorry :D

Freaky how the people in the Jeep that was right behind the truck didn't get hurt at all.