1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whats going on in Oregon?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by joec, Jan 3, 2016.

1. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Bullshit.

You're not sorry.:D

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup:

You sir are absolutely correct and no longer delusional :D

3. ped

ped Banned

Hands up don't shoot......err wrong thread

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It's close enough - wasn't the major issue with the BLM? :D

5. ped

ped Banned

yeah but they were thugs that robbed a grocery store. totally different.

6. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

As a point of clarification, the Sheriff they were going to go talk to is in the neighboring county (Grant) of the refuge they were occupying. Not the Sheriff that had jurisdiction (Harney County). They wanted to go to the Grant County Sheriff because he was sympathetic to their cause.

As a side note, if you are behind someone with your gun drawn, and you see their hand go down to where you have no visibility, IMO, you have justification to shoot.

1) Finicum made statements related to a shootout, and/or gunfights, and/or dying at the refuge.
    2) In the video filmed from within the car, he repeatedly tempted the FB/OSP to shoot him.

Based on the first, I'd take no chances.

7. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

He was running at the roadblock and not trying to stop. Of course they shot at it.

Mong, the G men shot at the truck well before he "blew" the road block...look at their own diagrams. So, was he running the road block from x feet before the road block? Probably, if it didn't appear that he was slowing down before the shots. I don't believe that they had to shoot the old buzzard, but he gave them a lot of reasons.

As for the accusation of the G man lying about taking two shots and the others going along with it, well that's a disgrace to the Bureau if it is proven true. That kind of bullshit just fuels the flames.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yes, if the truck is not slowing by a certain point that is running the roadblock.

The extra shots stuff will keep the bullshit flowing for decades I'm sure. Could be true but it's really weird if it is, why would they need to lie about it? Even if ordered to hold their fire they could easily say they felt another officer was in danger and had to shoot. Lying about shooting in a situation like that just doesn't make sense, it wouldn't be necessary.

9. ped

ped Banned

What's all this talk about about "sense" fancy pants?

10. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Nothing wrong with seeking council of that sheriff.

1) Making statements is not validation to kill. Otherwise they`d be shooting all day. (thinkBLM)

Not one bit of violence until this.

The group repeatedly stated they wanted no violence.

2) So they shot him because he "tempted" them to? LOL

They shot him with hands up. THEN he reaches for his side. He should know to stand still while they shoot him or he`ll get.....shot.

They shoot into a moving vehicle full of people. They have cover. Well except for the moron standing IN FRONT of the roadblock.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2016
  11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So pick up the phone - yes they had cell coverage at the park.

You're seriously going to totally ignore dead dudes own words? Seriously? He absolutely wanted violence and threatened the cops during the first stop with his friends coming to help and a bloodbath. Come on now.

They shot at a weapon being used against them.

Your excuses for the moron still aren't working :D

12. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

h
    NO.

He never had a weapon out. Period.

They shot him hands up.

How do you figure they shot at a weapon being used against them? Please don`t say the truck. They had cover behind the roadblock, excep[t for the moron standing in front of it.

13. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Oh.

I respect your opinion.:D

14. ped

ped Banned

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The truck is a weapon. Don't care what they were standing behind.

He looked like he was going for a weapon. Ignoring that is silly.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup:

17. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

No, they didn't shoot him because he taunted/tempted them to do so. They shot him because his hand went towards his waist, and from behind, the officer there could no longer see his hands. I'm not a cop, but I'm guessin 9 out 10 times when a hand moves toward the waistband, or under the jacket, it's for a weapon. I may be ignorant, but that is a pretty good way to get fired upon, if not killed (as in this case).

Dumb fucker is dead. He brought it on himself.
    Making him a hero, martyr or saint is a misappropriation of sentiment, in my opinion.
    At least it saves the cost of a trial.

And, I respect your opinion...

18. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

His hand went towards his waist after he was shot.

Before that, hands were up.

Should he have kept his hands up while being shot?

He got out of a vehicle that was already being shot at, with passengers. And put his hands up. And then was shot.

They pushed every step of that. He should be in jail.

I agree, he`s no hero or martyr. He also should be able to drive to talk to a sheriff.

Thanks for your respect.:crackup:

Last edited: Mar 14, 2016
  19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Falling to the ground would have worked as well as not grabbing at his midsection/waist/coat....

20. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

I agree. Probably a little shocked though about being shot while hands up.

Probably tough to maintain composure while being shot at by multiple people.

He pushed things and was willing to pay the price because of his beliefs; I feel they were wrong to kill him under the circumstances.