1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Formula One Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

No broadcasting at all, barely any live timing, and now 3 cars including the pole sitter are DQd for technical infringement in qualifying.
    Not the strongest start for F1 Academy.

2. rwdfun

rwdfun

Just to document for all the Max fans, he indeed is bitching like a baby right now because he doesn’t think anyone should race him like he has raced everyone else from day 1. Maybe don’t sleep at the start instead

Yuki Spin-outa doing Yuki Spin-outa things

CRA_Fizzer likes this.
  3. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I'm really starting to dislike MaxV. Dude is whining about everything, and questioning if its even a good life to be 25 years old, racing F1, banging Danny's ex and jetting around in his own Citation or whatever it is. I'm betting he doesn't make it to the end of his contract before he quits.

4. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Damned capitalism.

tiggen likes this.
  5. MrGooch

MrGooch Well-Known Member

Max Verstappen complaining like Lewis Hamilton and George Russell driving like Max Verstappen. These guys are all exactly the same.

6. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Russell just made a pass....that's it. Wasn't even aggressive (esp for a street circuit), just didn't back out of a head to head fight. All of this whining while driving the best car on the grid. I often wonder about a lot of these F1 prima donnas, are they truly even racers? Why is it that nearly every F1 champ of the past few decades won't race anything but F1? (Apologies to Kimi, Jenson and maybe a Schumi DTM race unless that was just Ralf).

Edit: sorry @Yzasserina I hate Alonso so much I forgot him being a champion :crackup:

Yzasserina and brex like this.
  7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

1) I would imagine that the contracts drastically restrict what they can do away from F1 and 2) have you seen the kind of money they are making an F1?

You're in the food industry, right? Do you serve food in school cafeterias for free on your day off just to keep it real? :D

stk0308 and MrGooch like this.
  8. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Contracts...you're probably right now that I think back on the gorilla suit going powerboat racing. Maybe everyone I've been thinking of has been out of a ride for the year or just washed out super quickly...but I thought there were a few who've done Le Mans while active.

Not in the food industry - apps & websites is the easy way to put it - but it's what pays bills, not what I'm passionate about. As a race fan, its really easy to look around at the people racing anything they can get their hands on and draw a direct distinction to "F1 is the ONLY pinnacle of racing" minded drivers. And that's definitely not just the multi-time champs, I'm mostly thinking about the ones so desperate to be an F1 booger that they throw away the height of their career being a test driver on a garbage car.

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Sorry, it was one of two screen names. I had a 50% shot. I took it. :D
    You have to keep in mind that if one is still a very Eurocentric sport. And over here, I would say that the vast majority of racing drivers in closed-course disciplines are failed F1 hopefuls (it's different for rally drivers, although there are some). They may not have gotten past F4 or even karting before making the switch to production/GT or endurance but almost all of them grew up wanting to be F1 champion.

There doesn't seem to be much interesting anything else among the ones who make it until they are finished with F1, or have become successful enough that they can be considered to have accomplished their dream and start distracting themselves with other interests. At least, that's been my unscientific observation.

Chino52405 likes this.
  10. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Lol. I hardly even notice when Max whines because he is always bitching about something. Maybe that is part of why he is so fast. In his mind nothing is ever his fault so no matter what happens his self confidence is unaffected.

11. Letitsnow

Letitsnow Well-Known Member

Maybe if he had a girl closer to his age, he wouldn't seem so frustrated?

12. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

I had other things to do today, so just now watched this. CHECO! And Alo, of course, because Alo.

13. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

I am headed to Montreal in June for the F1 race… Anyone ever been up there? Been to the west coast of Canada but never Montreal.. circuit looks pretty sick… My wife wanted an Exotic Island vacation so we are doing this on the St. Lawrence River…

14. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

It is awesome! We drove from PA. Hosted by my then employer’s banker. The track is great, on an island, easily accessible via public transportation, subway, you can walk completely around it to pick out spots where you want to watch the race from. Leaving it is a bit different, we wanted no part of the wait and crowds getting out of there, so we walked off the island and hailed a cab. It is a big deal that weekend for the city, and they are great hosts. I’d like to go back one day to visit the old part of the city.

Oh I forgot about the part where some dumbass, not us, got his rental car dinged up by a firetruck. The people and streets are skinny there, and they don’t play. Enjoy!

Last edited: Apr 30, 2023
    TLR67 likes this.
  15. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Oh bring earplugs. Those vehicles are loud. And I mean loud. You don’t just hear it, you feel it. The percussion goes through you.

TLR67 likes this.
  16. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Love it… Thanks for the tips….

Photo likes this.
  17. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

You got it. I was hanging on the fence practically drooling the first time I heard those cars live during practice. If I think of anything else helpful, I’ll let you know.

18. yokohama1

yokohama1 Well-Known Member

Public transportation is the way to get to the island and it is not bad at all. Such a fun town and great weekend.

TLR67 likes this.
  19. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

The race and track are great, but only about 2/3 of the track is accessible.

Montreal is a gem. It reminded me a great deal of older European cities. Did not seem new world at all to me. Beautiful architecture. Very nice people.

Also:
    Poutine
    Tim Hortons (Canadian Dunkin)

MrGooch, TLR67 and Yzasserina like this.
  20. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Yeah when I went to Barcelona we did a Mountain tour and when I saw the Catalunya exit I was like pull off now! The driver tried to get us in the track for a tour but it was closed for a Private F1 Team that was testing… Never saw a damn thing but listened to heaven for about 30 Min… This will be my first F1 Race and can’t wait…

Yzasserina likes this.