1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Formula One Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Jan 16, 2014.

1. rwdfun

rwdfun

Let the inevitable parade session begin. Congrats to Max on the win. 2 Red Bulls and a Ferrari on the podium.

Only unknown is how many safety cars will be deployed for cars in the wall

2. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

I was at Indy one year on the infield start/finish grandstands. Hearing the cars launch off pit road one by one with the sound trapped by the two massive grandstands and the (then) high revving V8s. Definitely won't forget that sound and feeling.

Random race note: Montoya also took Schumacher in T1 mid way through the race and it was glorious. Pretty sure both dnf that day though.

MrGooch and Yzasserina like this.
  3. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

I think if I was the FIA I wouldn’t want cars to be passing in the pits, especially when one of the cars is Stroll. It seems way too likely for a car to be spun out into a group of mechanics.

MrGooch likes this.
  4. rwdfun

rwdfun

Well when one car is purposefully slowing because of a double stack with a car right behind that team is fighting with, I’m not sure it should be a requirement of the car behind to stay behind. Still safer than allowing a gaggle of photographers out on pit lane during a live race with a car coming in to pit

5. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

Agreed. I'm not exactly sure how to regulate it. I know in qualifying they use the stewards' discretion to determine if a car is slowing down unreasonably, affecting other cars out there. It is a grey area for sure where you don't want cars to come to a stop at the pit entrance and you don't want drivers fighting for position there.

Maybe it's a nothingburger that I made too big of a deal over.

6. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Perez won…. Max got 2nd….

7. rwdfun

rwdfun

Only because of a poorly timed safety car. It’s like Red Bull and FIA are teaming up to screw Max. Jos will be having a word with Horner about not favoring Max enough

8. rwdfun

rwdfun

I’m surprised the stewards didn’t at least note it and even more surprised Aston didn’t bitch about it. Maybe they did and the broadcast didn’t mention it. I think Russel should at least stay behind an inch front axle to front axle wise. Mercedes having a pit before Aston made that a crafty if not clean move. Maybe it was a calculated move by Russel or it was luck

Much like Verstappen did to Russel on the restart of the Sprint race. Technically that was legal but obviously based on being inside, Max actually “made” the pass before the start finish line which is not allowed. I’m just annoyed that the guys I don’t care for take those liberties and the guys I like don’t

9. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Lol, the karma is delicious.

cpettit likes this.
  10. rwdfun

rwdfun

I’ll give Max credit though. He handled it well, at least publicly. On the radio after and in the drivers room before the podium. Even mentioning Saudi Arabia last yet where the situation was reversed. I guess max is only 95% self centered infallible prick. Wonder if he and Jos privately still don’t feel differently but that’s my bias. Also I wonder if it’s easier to take knowing Perez was faster and pulled away from Max when they were 1-2. Max won’t admit that though. There was probably something wrong with his car

11. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

Most exciting part of the race was Ocon almost taking out 100 photographers.

CRA_Fizzer likes this.
  12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Did you go before 2014?

13. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

What a *yawn* of a race ...

14. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

I don’t recall exactly. Likely so. I know the engines changes were in there somewhere. In any case, my eyes were like saucers.

15. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

That, and I guess it's ok for Redbull to hang on the fence. Imagine the outcry if Mercedes did that...

16. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Alonso was the highlight of the race. He is cool, calm, and collected these days. He was even telling hi team tips to help his team mate. You'll never see Hamilton, Max or Leclerc doing that. I can't wait till Ferrari gets rid of Sainz. I liked him at first but he's turned into a big disappointment.

Chino52405 and Yzasserina like this.
  17. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

I liked and unliked this post 10 times. Lol.

Chino52405 likes this.
  18. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

Same...I'll finally get to cheer for him again! :p

19. rwdfun

rwdfun

To be fair. You’ve never seen Alonso remotely be a good teammate before. There is a first time for everything and there were a lot of shocked people when they heard that on the radio. Having a team owner that is your teammates father might have something to do with it too.

20. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

F1 has been that way since these stupid new cars and DRS came into play.