1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Formula One Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Jan 16, 2014.

1. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

Well, I tried again, same result.

Attached Files:

2. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

3. tiggen

Lol, "fever dream of choice for the discerning housewife"
    lololololol, "you're ready for Monaco or Benidorm"

Yzasserina likes this.
  4. BigBird

BigBird blah

5. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

I'm sure they were following some steps in their copious rule-book, but the net result was WTF for even the seasoned fan.

So every incident brings out the "nuclear" option of a red flag, standing start redo? Maybe they were trying too hard to avoid another Abu Dabi fiasco, but instead they created something arguably worse.

The commentators, talking about how exciting and amazing all this was reminded me so much of NASCAR I was waiting to see who got "half-time" points and how this would impact "the playoff".

As far as race results, it was so random, I don't really know who to cheer. Glad some folks got what they deserved for their race performance, sad that others were robbed by the situation.

Prior to all this mess, I admit to being a little confused by Mercedes strategy. Wouldn't you normally pit your lowest-placed car to "cover off" a strategy by the other team? And from Hamilton's frequent complaints, I seemed to hear that he was unhappy that it wasn't him who got the pit stop. So, I'm assuming I missed something. Can anyone enlighten me?

6. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

That was hard to watch.

What a shitshow.....I honestly can't believe that there wasn't more protest from the drivers, even from those who could have potentially benefitted the most, on that decision to do a full re-start with 2 laps to go.

I can't imagine how much more shit the FIM would be taking if somebody had gotten hurt on that re-start.

Safety first, my ass.

7. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

As much as it wasn't optimal at times, I miss when racing could finish under a yellow. I can't imagine being happy as a team owner (nascar or F1) that I have to keep fixing more and more cars all sacrificed to the show.

8. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

Yeah I noticed the same thing yesterday. I only set my original dvr recording for an additional 30 minutes, so I missed the live coverage ending of the race. I had to go to youtube today to watch the missing lap.

9. rwdfun

rwdfun

It just occurred to me that maybe we aren't giving F1 enough credit. Maybe they are purposely fucking up the endings so bad with Red Flags that we'll be happy to go back to having races finish behind the safety car.

Sort of like when a parent makes a kid do the dishes and the kid does it so bad that the parent says never mind, I'll just do it. F1 is the kid just rinsing the plates and putting them back in the cabinet dirty.

10. tiggen

I agree. What is wrong with a race ending under yellow? This chicanery devalues the efforts of everybody in the race. If this is what they want, why not make the race 2 laps instead of 58. It'd be a lot greener and the outcome would be just as random.

11. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

IndyCar race yesterday ended on yellow in Texas.

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

What was the original destination?

13. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Arizona but they didn't realize how big texas is..

HPPT likes this.
  14. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

That was an exciting race. Newgarden and Palou running inches apart for multiple laps, and even touching tires once at 226 was truly amazing.
    I watched a 15 year old Newgarden beat a whole list of Indycar racers in a 2 hour kart endurance race once. Someone said “better keep an eye on that kid”

Lanceabillion likes this.
  15. noles19

This whole situation where Bernie has said they withheld information about the 2008 scandal and that the Singapore go shouldn't have counted is very interesting. Massa has already started looking into it and may end up a F1 champion because of it

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That should be a wash for Hamilton. If they can go back and reverse that, they can go back to Abu Dhabi 2021 too. :)

mike w, noles19 and Boman Forklift like this.
  17. noles19

I wouldn't be mad at that. Its going to get messy either way.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  18. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I agree Hamilton was ripped in 21.

19. CBRRRRR999

CBRRRRR999 Well-Known Member

If 21 is reversed please please please have Drive to Survive be there when Max gets the news.

20. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Is the reversal shit you guys are talking about a real possibility? That's insane if so.