1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dear God...

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by LMcCurdy, Mar 26, 2005.

1. Shingle Monkey

Shingle Monkey Schuck, Schuck

To bad that its not that cut and dried...too many depths to each woman that needs or wants an abortion.

2. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Actually Tex Ive already made that call on page 9 or was it 10, 11???

Short answer is IMO abortion should be left open as an option ONLY under the following conditions:
    if the mothers life is in danger
    incest
    rape
    disease
    severe mental/physical deformity

Id say anything other than those conditions its plain ole murder.

3. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Yea I know the current laws make it too easy to erase a mistake.

4. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

So in your world people cant assume anothers stance on an issue based on what they've said? LOL! Are you one of those retro comi-liberals?
    Actually I think your short changing yourself, if you had a heart I think you can make the argument but your current position is refraining you from making an honest one.

No not a POS I usually reserve that fond term for full blown criminals, a skel if you will. Altho I do think abortion is a form of murder (when used as a contraception) so I guess if any term would fit it would be a baby murderer.

LOL! You did!
    You support abortion/infantcide dont you? Hows that any different than wiping out people based on their religion or race?

5. Hooligan

Hooligan Just a wanabe

I got an idea... if you don't want a baby... WEAR A CONDOM!!! I had an ex-gf that had an abortion with my baby, against my will. I would have taken it and left her alone, but I couldn't change her mind. As for rape or disease, i duno. But if its for convenience, it could/should have been prevented in the first place.

6. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

:up: :beer:

7. RacerGirl117

RacerGirl117 Well-Known Member

sportbikeluvr...whoever you are...I'm not going to argue semantics with you. You have your opinion, I have mine. We're not going to agree...so we'll just have to agree to disagree. Since you're from NJ maybe we'll get a chance to discuss it in person.

You still never really said why you have such a strong opinion on the subject.

8. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Well, my dialogue about this subject was never intended to be an argument with anyone. I guess we'll just have to live with each others opinion even tho we both disagree with them.
    As for discussing it in person.....as long as you promise not to beat me up I might consider it. :D
    As for my strong opinion, not that I ever agreed with abortion it wasn't until the little princess (attached below) who came into my life 11 months did I realize how much I despise the notion that this great country allows thousands of would be children like her to be murdered.
    Open your heart to a child and I doubt you will need to ask that question again......it doesnt even have to be your own.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2011
  9. RacerGirl117

Doesn't matter what your intentions were. This subject always turns into a heated debate here...and for good reason.

I don't make promises I may not be able to keep. ;)

I open my heart to children who aren't mine all the time. I LOVE children...just never wanted any of my own. I've spent many years doing battle with myself over the subject of having children. At this point, my body has made it physically impossible to have my own children. But my husband and I are open enough that if we were to change our minds (highly unlikely as I'm already 37) we would adopt.

Look forward to continuing this discussion "live". If you buy me a beer, I'll try harder to be nice. ;)

10. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Jess: to hell with our debate.........Im not going to pry into your "physically impossible" remark but I just wanted to share with you that my wife and I had some problems also. If you wanted to talk about it offline your welcome to PM me to compare the "problems", you never know miracles DO happen. ;)
    Also, do not sweat your age, your never too old to bring love into a child's heart especially if they were thrown into a cardboard box. BTW, we're also 37 and plan on being 38 for our next child God willing.

11. RacerGirl117

Well I hope God wills it. I think that people who want to have children, and can do so responsibly, should.