1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dear God...

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by LMcCurdy, Mar 26, 2005.

1. RacerGirl117

RacerGirl117 Well-Known Member

Ah, but that's not the same. I'm looking for answers from people who have been pregnant and have thought/talked about it with the other involved party.

And here's another question...how old should you have to be to be able to have an abortion? As soon as you are able to conceive? 16? 18? If you're a minor, should you have to have your parents consent?

How many abortions should you be allowed to have? 1? 2?

For those of you that have thought about or discussed it...what were your reasons? And if you're worried about or don't want to be judged here, I understand if you don't answer.

Most people who feel strongly about this subject one way or another have a reason.

I, personally, am pro choice. I don't like anybody telling me what I can or can't do with my body. Is that right? For me it is. That is all that matters to me. Anyone else's opinions don't matter because they are just that...opinions.

Do I think people should wear helmets? Yes. Do I want people telling me whether I can or not? No. Do think people should smoke? No. Do I want people telling me whether I can or not? No.

Our lives and our bodies are to do with how we see fit. That is my opinion.

2. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I've been in that position and discussed it with the involved party, whom I am married to. We couldn't afford another child, and it was a high-risk pregnancy for several reasons. My wife's doctor strongly advised an abortion, for her safety and the chance the baby would be damaged.

She's almost 13 now, the process of bringing her into the world wasn't easy and, even with insurance, she was five before we finished paying the $8000 that was our share of the bill. If I had it to do over again, I wouldn't change a thing.

On the parental consent issue, you're damn right a child under 18 should need her parents permission for an abortion. When their child's in trouble, a parent deserves to know about it.

I won't get into the "when is a baby a baby" discussion, I've argued the point into the ground several times.

3. Hooligan

Hooligan Just a wanabe

I think a minor should have to have an adults permission. I am afraid that kids might get an abortion for the wrong reasons. Like they might get one just to hide the fact they were even pregnant at all from there parents/friends.

4. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Good for you bad for any future human being born inside of you I suppose.....that is IF your not ready for it. Im glad your FOR pro choice its unfortunate tho for that lil human being growing inside a woman wont have the option of making that choice. Dont you think???
    As for any woman who makes the infamous statement walk a mile in my shoes Id say go fvck yourself.....until SHE walks a mile in that aborted babies shoes I dont want to hear it.

It amazes me that some woman have the audacity to think its only about their body and they will do as they please, ahhhhh forget about the father who may want the child.

5. Team Atomic

Team Atomic Go Go SOX!

Yeah thats a good idea, the shame the kids into raising a kid. :D
    Ultimately the parents will be raising two kids, the mother and child. :mad:

6. bgoodwin

bgoodwin Half Ass

So the child's death is better than the mother's shame of pre-marital sex?:rolleyes:

7. RacerGirl117

RacerGirl117 Well-Known Member

Why is it people feel they need to swear to get their point across?

Not to get technical here, but a human being isn't born INSIDE of the body.

Wow, you sure have a pretty strong opinion. Did someone you have sex/a relationship with abort your unborn child?

You know, people will argue this topic until they're blue in the face. Everyone has their own opinion.

8. bgoodwin

bgoodwin Half Ass

Feeling a little blue-faced myself.:Puke:

9. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Pure genius!
    Why dont you go ask some kid who's being raised by his grandparent if they wish they werent ever born. Where does it say that they have to keep the baby? There are Americans adopting babies from overseas for crying out loud.

10. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

For all those who are in favor of a woman's right to choose: I can just about gar-un-tee that once you have children your opinion about abortion will either be challanged or changed. I used to be firmly in support of the choice side. Now, I am totally conflicted.

But it would be easier for me to be anti-abortion if there weren't so many right-wing misogynist kooks who were on that side.:Poke:

Last edited: Mar 28, 2005
  11. bgoodwin

bgoodwin Half Ass

Misogynist: one who has a hatred of women.

Just thought I might help a few folks out.:D

12. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Obviously, you think a child is only a human being once it enters this world. I keep using this same analogy, I wonder what YOUR feelings will be if the day comes you want a child, your pregnant and some POS kills that unborn child........Im willing to bet you'd want him/her charged.
    My point? An unborn baby is a human being ONLY when its convenient to you people.

Yea some people have the opinion of wiping out an entire race of people is a good thing too. Some have the opinion of commiting crimes is all good too if they dont get caught.
    Yea everyone has an opinion.

13. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

OMG! I think I wanna buy you a beer!!!! :D :beer:

14. Jugglenutz

Jugglenutz Well-Known Member

good point sport:)

15. CRAKitty

CRAKitty I taste like chicken

I made that statement, and I stand behind it.

I really don't care what anyone's opinion is on this topic, and I'm not interested in changing anyone's beliefs. We all have our reasons - and I respect that. Just don't tell me to go f*ck myself because I stated my opinion.

16. Jugglenutz

Jugglenutz Well-Known Member

So something you appear to have great conviction for...you wouldn't actively support because you hate the right?

Rodger...don't limit yourself to party lines...i don't like liberals (except you of course :D)....but i side with them on many of the issues they push with regards to the environment...imagine that...a right wing tree hugger :D

17. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

:rolleyes:
    And that statement means as much as the one I made. Time to find a more valid reason other than that statement I guess.

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I don't have the time or patience to spend all my time as a moderator on a single thread. Shoot I barely have time to post my own crap on the BBS in general.

So having said that, keep it clean, be respectful other's opinions or we're going to have problems. Understand?

19. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

I don't have a great conviction -- I said I am now "challanged" or conflicted if you prefer. And if there was a logical anti-abortion group that was vocal, rather than just the wackos you see on Fox, there just might be somewhere for me to go.

20. LMcCurdy

LMcCurdy Antique

I was the same Rodger. My daughter being born before my eyes changed me. I can't ever imagine her or my son being aborted. Just the thought can make me teary eyed.

Right-wing misogynist kooks? You talking about them middle eastern folk?;)

Oh, and let's not forget about the little baby girl found in the box folks. Abortion is not a crime in the US, yet. Abandoning an infant is.