1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Biden "AR15 hard to aim, hard to use"

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by jimraynor21, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Carlos, a .40 cal is an excellent all around weapon to carry. I have a Glock model 27 that's a fairly good carry weapon but a good friend of mine recently purchased a Kahr CM40 that's a dream to fire and carry. It's a bit smaller and thinner than the Glock and if these dumbass gun shops around here ever get any more of them in stock I'll pick one up.

Kahr also makes a CM9 that's excellent also. Both CM series are priced well below the PM series and work just as well.

2. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

Some of 'em twice, apparently...

3. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Orvis, thanks. I am good to go on the .40 front. My dad is currently looking to upgrade. His current weapon is .380 Taurus (early 90s model).

I may go back with him, browsing in the next days to see if the hysteria, pricing and stock is there for viewing, assessing.

4. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

Love the Kahr's, I prefer the MK40, all stainless steel, the weight of the SS makes a for a better shooter IMO.

5. charles

charles The Transporter

The bottom line is that what's best.. is what you're best with.

So go get 'expert' with any caliber or type of weapon, the caliber doesn't matter as long as you remember it has to do with accurate shot placement...a .45 for example doesn't do you much good if you can't hit anything with it, and a .22 short quite lethal when guided gently into the brain...and my last words on this topic: make yourself lethal...train the brain...and the body follows.

6. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

True, but no expert I know of would say a shotty is easier to handle than an AR15.

7. wsmc 589

wsmc 589 Well-Known Member

Exactly. I believe that most people who proclaim the shotgun as the best home defense gun have ever actually deployed that thing in any other environment than a static range.

I'm very comfortable with it, deploy it sometimes, teach it and I still think its a cumbersome weapon thats difficult to clear malfunctions and slow to reload compared to others.

8. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

He said earlier that he lived in a rural type environment

9. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

12" 'Witness Protection' 870 is the home-defense shiznits

Last edited: Feb 21, 2013
  10. buxton

buxton Southern Canadian

I live in a rural environment...

Gun shots where I live are totally ignored and a weekly (or sometimes daily) occurrence where I live. There is always some sort of season open or target practice going on so going out and lighting a few off isn't going to deter or alert anyone.

That being said, I will use anything available to me to protect myself and my home. First grab would be the Glock .40 S&W, second would be the 12 gauge as those are loaded and within easy reach of where I normally am.

That being said I prefer the ARs over the shotguns any day. With the halo sight I get quick target identification and am accurate up to a certain distance. Plus it doesn't abuse the heck out of my body.

Dawn :)

11. jp636

jp636 Yellow Turd

I hope everyone does realize that you don't have to line up the sights on an AR at close range. Basically, wherever the front sight is, the round will hit. Maybe an inch lower given the height of the front sight post. How is this harder than a shotgun?

And... My issued M-4 has a laser on it set for 20 feet. You can't get any easier than that and laser are cheap.

12. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

Or better yet... It works... Criminals get skeered and run away... But the children playing down the street are hit by falling shrapnel from Jill's stupidity in discharging a firearm into the air...

13. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Remember, we are NOT discussing experts here, just Susie housewife.

14. theJrod

theJrod Well-Known Member

So are we. :Poke: These are the experts providing HD lessons to Susie housewife we're talking about.
    If grown-ass men with experience find shotguns more difficult to use than ARs, what makes you think Mrs Housewife will have an easier time?

15. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Your government says so!:Poke:

16. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

IF Susie homemaker actually learned about various weapons, I MIGHT agree. Butt, we are talking about the vast majority who don't/won't/wouldn't.

17. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

I would like to pick up a small frame .38 revolver for carry duty, but the wife already doesn't like firearms.

She can't explain why, she just doesn't. (which I apparently have to accept as a logical answer)

I bought the rifle while she was out of town.

18. theJrod

theJrod Well-Known Member

You're still missing it. I most definitely am talking about a complete firearm noob attempting to use a shotgun for HD.

19. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

20. jimraynor21

jimraynor21 Well-Known Member

That's fine and dandy. If you know your surroundings and know your risk. How many people actually consider their surroundings? Unless you're extremely confident that your bullets will not hit anything other than what you're aiming for (in Joes case I guess the sky or the woods are the target?), you do not simply discharge a weapon. It's as bad as firing off a gun on new years, how many times have we read about accidents due to that?

http://www.remington.com/pages/news-and-resources/safety-center/10-commandments/4th-commandment.aspx

"You can't stop a shot in mid-air, so do not fire unless you know exactly where your shot is going and what it will strike. Never fire at a sound, a movement or a patch of color. A hunter in camouflage can easily be mistaken for a target by an impulsive shooter. Before you pull the trigger be absolutely sure of your target and what's behind it. Make sure your shot has a backstop such as a hillside or dense material like sand.

Remember, bullets can travel great distances with tremendous velocity. Know how far your shot will go if you miss your target or the bullet ricochets."

That is printed in every remington owners manual. I wonder how many people who never owned a firearm before the craze started have actually read their owners manual. Probably not as many who watched that video on the morning news.

Plain and simple his entire statement is idiotic and dangerous. This coming from the man leading the charge against gun violence...