1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Biden "AR15 hard to aim, hard to use"

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by jimraynor21, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

I have access to a SW40, a gift that I have yet to fully accept, take possession. For CCW, it seems a bit on the heavy, cumbersome side. I will look at a CCW in the near future and I am leaning towards a Glock 19 G4.

The P30 is a 30 round capacity .22 magnum. This is also inviting.

I am not a fan of handguns. I prefer tactical weapons. Thus, the Glock 19 may be the final weapon of choice considering the drop in carbine kits (non-class III). My bias is towards a pistol-type carbine for home defense. This is what I am most comfortable with.

2. Falcondrvr

Falcondrvr Well-Known Member

Quite the contrary. Many home defense firearms instructors that I know do not recommend a shotgun for home defense. In fact, one that I work with used to think the shotty was a good choice till he took an advanced 4 day CQC shotgun class at Sig Academy. Came back and said he and all the other students pretty much had a consensus that they would never employ one for home defense if other options where available. His choice these days is a Glock 17. I agree based on my own experiences with all these types of firearms as well. I have a Mberg 930SPX and love it but it sits in the safe unloaded.

3. used2Bfast

used2Bfast Still healing

"Dude". This has been debated for what seems forever, in mags, the net, etc. Still up for debate.. The 'hole size' isn't the issue. Its the under penetration after about 2-3 yards distance to vital organs thats the issue.

Me? I use a G17 as my first line of defense.

Altho I do have a loaded combat 12G in closet with #4 buck.

4. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Fuck Joe Biden. I don't need him telling me what is best for my home defense. Btw, what does ol' Joe's security detail use to protect his sorry ass.

5. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

G23 with 17+1 on one side of the bed, 12 gauge pump on the other with 00 buck. 85 pound German Shepherd also, I welcome some to try and break in.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I didn't like carrying my Glock 27, still too fat. I got a PPK to carry but it needs to go back for some recall so back to the 90-two for now.

7. 88/532

Last edited: Feb 20, 2013
  8. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Your name is Kate?

Last edited: Feb 20, 2013
  9. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

I am inherently wired towards the one shot, one kill. The military training did not discourage this. Lately, my brother and cousin are trying to preach the double tap. They are police officers and rely on handguns, almost exclusively. I need to get back to the range and expand my weapon experience.

Circumstances, I already find myself too often in places that I should not be unless I am CCW but with that understanding, I am willing to lose property and not life.

10. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Common!

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

12. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Who thinks smallish white type on a muddy black background is a good way to sell your specs?

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Um, you need a better computer screen :D

14. 88/532

No its Long Duk Dong.

15. 88/532

Good tools do cost a bit more.

16. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

:clap:

17. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

Cost probably has a lot to do with that...

i am looking at a 1911 .45 Caliber that will run me about $600

a .22 magnum might be around $200...

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Totally agree, but when the Craftsman stuff is collecting dust I ain't going to flag down the SnapOn truck :D

19. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

When was the last time you visited a gun shop?

I was shocked at some of the prices that I have seen lately. I was on the market for an AR-Pistol and 9mm carbine (non-Class III). The hysteria and price gouging was extensive enough to put a hold on my pursuit, which was not driven by any fear.

Besides pricing, there was a lot of out of stock in place.

20. frackadelic

frackadelic Buddha Stalin is Chronic

Not just the wimmens :eek:

Seriously, when is someone going to come up with a double-stack 22 mag?