1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Biden "AR15 hard to aim, hard to use"

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by jimraynor21, Feb 20, 2013.

1. jimraynor21

jimraynor21 Well-Known Member

http://beforeitsnews.com/alternativ...eed-an-ar-15-buy-a-shotgun-video-2571174.html

Biden responded: “If you want to protect yourself, get a double-barrel shotgun.” Then describing a conversation with his wife: ”I said, ‘Jill, if there’s ever a problem, just walk out on the balcony here … walk out and put that double-barrel shotgun and fire two blasts outside the house.’ … You don’t need an AR-15 — it’s harder to aim, it’s harder to use, and in fact you don’t need 30 rounds to protect yourself. Buy a shotgun! Buy a shotgun!”

This absolutely cracks me up. Go outside and blast off the 2 rounds you have, that will deter anyone. This is almost as asinine as the "sound of a racking pump shotgun" bullshit.

AR-15s are hard to aim and use?? Last time I checked part of the reason they should be banned is because of how easy it is to operate them, requiring little skill.

I forgot to add...blasting a couple rounds off outside in your neighborhood is the definition of responsible gun ownership.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2013
  2. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Expecting rational thought from Joe Biden is irrational......:D
    To think, this clown was in the running for President...oh wait, he's only a heartbeat away!

3. MadManx

MadManx Retired for 2013-2014

I saw that. What a complete idiot. Too bad half of Amerika voted for those scumbags

4. Photo

Photo Well-Known Member

5. wsmc 589

wsmc 589 Well-Known Member

Think his secret service detail is packing a double barrel shotty???

6. Falcondrvr

Falcondrvr Well-Known Member

This guy is wrong, wrong and wrong again. Just another reason not to listen to anything these people say regarding firearms.

7. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

In comparison, for a non-gun user, a shotgun IS preferable to most any other kind of weapon. Anna has no interest in learning to shoot or going to the range with me. She DOES know to grab the semi-auto 12 gauge and keep pillin' the trigger until it stops makin' noise.

8. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

When does she start? :D

9. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

And then the criminals barrel fuck Jill mercilessly because she is out of ammo. Good advice Mr. Vice President.

10. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Good for her.

Not necessarily good for me. I hate shotguns. I think shotguns can be indiscriminate in application; hence, why I never like them. I have only shot a shotgun once, two or three shots at that, IIRC. It was a cheap $79 Kmart version (circa 1985-86).

I believe in making your shot count.

I am bias due to my training.

I personally do not own a weapon at the moment. I am considering a CCW but I also do not like hand guns.

My personal preference is for an AR (SBR) since it would be best in city (apartment) defense. But I will not be pursuing a Class III permit anytime soon. Possession of an SBR is no longer a right. I just want the option to exercise a right, my right. Fortunately/unfortunately, the fight for what defines a right seems to be an ongoing battle.

11. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Good for her.

Not necessarily good for me. I hate shotguns. I think shotguns can be indiscriminate in application; hence, why I never like them. I have only shot a shotgun once, two or three shots at that, IIRC. It was a cheap $79 Kmart version (circa 1985-86).

I believe in making your shot count.

I am bias due to my training.

I personally do not own a weapon at the moment. I am considering a CCW but I also do not like hand guns.

My personal preference is for an AR (SBR) since it would be best in city (apartment) defense. But I will not be pursuing a Class III permit anytime soon. Possession of an SBR is no longer a right. I just want the option to exercise a right, my right. Fortunately/unfortunately, the fight for what defines a right seems to be an ongoing battle.

12. mikendzel

mikendzel Anonymous

A shotgun IS preferable, but doesn't that constitute double-speak from the anti-gunners? "AR's are hard to use!" but "they kill as many people as possible in the shortest amount of time possible!"

MD has its own examples of double-speak in the currently proposed legislation:

- HB107 reduces mag limits to 10 - HB989 exempts security guards and armed guards from the mag limit "to allow them better ability to defend themselves."
    - Martin O'Malley wants to ban weapons, register firearms, etc.. to reduce murder; while simultaneously repealing the death penalty AKA the largest deterrent to committing murder.

13. wsmc 589

wsmc 589 Well-Known Member

Well said.

14. Jim Moore

Jim Moore Well-Known Member

I've always thought that a 12 guage with birdshot is the best home-defense weapon.

15. theJrod

theJrod Well-Known Member

I, and many others, completely disagree. A shotgun is heavier, harder to aim, has significantly more recoil, and is impossible to reload quickly. For a non-gun user, especially smaller-framed people, I'd never let them near a shotgun in a defense situation.

16. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

That's the great thing about this country, we can disagree, often vehemently, but each is supposedly entitled to his or her opinion.

17. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

That bad part is that often enough a few start believing that their view is law.

18. charles

charles The Transporter

Mossberg 590. No fuss, no muss. What's not to like?

19. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

SA-20 Tactical Shotgun

6 lbs
    Easy to load
    Easy to aim
    Easy to fire for a early teen or small framed women.

shotguns are the home defense weapon of choice. :tut:

20. charles

charles The Transporter

Bad Bob:

Shotguns are just plain EVIL...the work of the Devil's gunsmith. :D