1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Biden "AR15 hard to aim, hard to use"

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by jimraynor21, Feb 20, 2013.

1. charles

charles The Transporter

Can you conduct a scientific field test down there for us to demonstrate your calculations? Line up several dozen 'volunteers' from a local college about 300 yds out and fire at different angles using various calibers and bullet weights.
    A few kegs of beer and some roast beef samwiches should get you volunteers; instruct some of them to lay down flat on the ground to best determine penetration at a 90 degree angle without having to go through skulls first. Several educational Youtube clips would suffice for our enlightenment.

2. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

Dude, I had to ask my professor how to turn off my TI-86 calculator the first day I used it, back in college....true story :Poke:

3. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

I use #4 in my riot gun and after some range tests its more than enough to do the job but not over penetrate. I dont care about interior damage, we have great homeowners insurance.

4. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Hell, I copied that formula. I ain't no frigging math nerd. I'll come to the party though. By the way, if there are going to be kegs of beer will guns be allowed? :up:

5. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

LOL, I always say, in a heavy discussion, baffle em with bullshit. :D:D

6. charles

charles The Transporter

Of course, you're in Texass, everything is allowed and encouraged.

Contact the Department of Corrections to see if they have some 'volunteers' for this humanitarian experiment to test the laws of physics.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Mythbusters did it.

8. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

You went to college?:Poke:

9. kangasj

kangasj Banned

10. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

11. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Well better get em a shotgun instead:D.

12. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Light weight doesn't make a shotgun easier to fire, it makes it harder. I've watched enough small framed women and men fire light weight tact shotguns, not a pretty sight most times.

Btw, don't think tactical shotguns won't be on the anti gunners next ban list, they will.

13. jimraynor21

jimraynor21 Well-Known Member

http://www.ableammo.com/catalog/arm...br-synthetic-stock-black-finish-p-133702.html

Can't find any good videos for it on youtube anymore due to all the idiots making Call of Duty crap(there is a brief one at the bottom of the link), but IMO that's one of the coolest shotguns avaliable to the general public.

And FYI I'm agreeing with you about a ban targeting them next.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
  14. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Dude, did you watch the vid linked in post 109? I think it backs up your statement!

15. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

You gomers need to get it in gear. Cuomo has already banned the sale of tacticool shotguns in NY.

That SRM is cool, but I bet it runs about $3k.

16. PVR46

PVR46 Well-Known Member

Even # 7 or 8 bird shot will cause catastrophic damage (remove flesh and bone) at ranges under 15 yards and this is also dependant on the choke configuration of the shotgun. (cold be farther)

Never mind # 4 or 5 shot. A very effective load for stopping power.

It is a great misconception that small size shot will not penetrate and cause massive tissue damage. At home defense ranges the mass of shot acts almost as a single projectile.

I work in a related industry.

Be safe all,

Dave

17. sonicnofadz

sonicnofadz Well-Known Member

5.56 goes through body armor a little easier than buck shot/bird shot and can reach out and touch a bad guy out to 500 yards, I'll keep my AR-15 and 30 round mags :beer:

Last edited: Feb 28, 2013
  18. Jim Moore

Jim Moore Well-Known Member

If your home is being invaded by people waring body armor I sincerely wish you the best of luck.

19. aedwards01

aedwards01 Well-Known Member

20. jimraynor21

jimraynor21 Well-Known Member

" Coincidentally, a 22-year-old man in Virginia Beach, Va., was charged Monday with reckless handling of a firearm after doing just that a couple days earlier." :crackup:

Hey guys I'm starting to think they are smarter than they lead on. Throw out bogus instructions so citizens eventually disarm themselves through negligent ownership practices?? :D