1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

“I need to see everyone’s ID...”

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Mar 27, 2018.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

They said they don't have to show their receipt to a cop either if things escalate.

BigBird likes this.
  2. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

Wisconsin is this way now.. cards are made at some place in California or some shit, so they punch a hole through your current license and give you the paper and send you on your way...

3. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Walmartian :crackup:

4. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

did the facility have a "minimum customer" height policy in effect? :D

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Georgia does that and it is a legal ID.

6. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

Years ago I was carded buying a bottle of fuel additive at Walmart. I guessed it had something to do with kids huffing or something but that was the strangest one I've seen.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

GA does it just so they don't have to spend the money on ID printers at every DMV, easier/cheaper to have some at the main office by the airport and just mail them out.

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

It was a junk yard f@cko, not your mom. :D

Gorilla George, joec and TurboBlew like this.
  9. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

Same here, I just got mine renewed and have been using a passport instead of unraveling a huge piece of paper every time I buy a beer. When I card I don't even look at that thing, if you're over 21 I'm in the clear.

10. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Damn. How old was that Green Card. Mine and any that I have seen have DOB.

11. joec

joec brace yourself

That's funny. I saw a sticker on a jeep the other day that said "it's a Jeep. If I wanted a Hummer I'd call your mom"

Banditracer and Gorilla George like this.
  12. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

I got that one in the early 2000's, my present one does have a DoB on it.

crashman likes this.
  13. The wife always does that. She has Drivers Licenses from Dubai, the Philippines, and one other place that I can’t remember. Maybe Cape Town or some shit.

Whenever she gets carded, she just grabs whichever one is on top. None of them are valid here, but never has any place denied one of them.

rafa likes this.
  14. I have never seen a law that states when one person is buying alcohol, everyone in their vicinity must be carded also.

15. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

It has just dawned on me that I often bought beer while out grocery shopping with my daughter, never got asked once for her ID.

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Because you live in your own world where people change luxury cars like a chick changes shoes. You're oblivious to the obvious with you head in the clouds and all alone in a crowd.

17. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

Actually saw one on I4 two weeks ago on the rear of a blacked out Explorer.. It said-- I "heart" Crack Whores....:crackup:

joec and Banditracer like this.
  18. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

I've had clerks ask for my chick's ID when I'm buying beer or wine and she's in line with me. I'm 42, she's 30. Maybe it's an age difference thing.

I do know that my local grocery store has zero discretion. I'm not a meal prep guy, I'm there pretty much daily. Some clerks know my name and will say hi or something. They still have to ask for the ID. It's not a big deal, tho. Don't get why you guys are getting all hung up about it.

19. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

In Pennsylvania, if you're in a restaurant that serves alcohol, alcoholic beverages are not be served at the table or booth where the minor is seated unless the minor is with a parent, court-appointed legal guardian or under proper supervision (which is defined as someone who is at least 25, who is directly responsible for the care and conduct of the minor while on the premises, and who keeps the minor within his or her sight or hearing). So, if there are 3 21-year olds and a 19 year old at the table, the 21-year olds aren't to be served. Not saying it always happens that way, but, that's the law in PA.

20. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

It's never happened to me either, but if it did I probably wouldn't lose my shit over it.