1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

“I need to see everyone’s ID...”

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Mar 27, 2018.

1. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Tanqueray and tonic.

2. BigBird

BigBird blah

[​IMG]

Steeltoe likes this.
  3. Does being a lifeguard for 8 years and having to guess if someone is old enough to get out of the kiddie pool count? :D

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

He has servants to handle that stuff for him - drivers and such.

5. Next time it happens, I’ll be like “hang on motherfucker, let me get my phone out. Just wait till the beeb hears about this bullshit”. :crackup:

Funkm05 and Sweatypants like this.
  6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nope. :crackup:

7. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

If you don't like shopping at retail stores because they think you might be a thief, you definitely wouldn't want to work in retail. I worked at a Finish Line store for one holiday season in high school and was damn near cavity searched everyday on the way out the door.

8. IMO, that should even be more applicable (unless I totally misunderstood what you meant by “the point”).

So dude wants both of us to show our ID, when the only bad thing that could happen (for the sake of this discussion) is that a woman (of legal drinking age) gives some wine to someone that is 5 years older than she is.

But it’s ok for them to not require everyone to show ID, when someone is buying beer while accompanied by couple of minors?

ToofPic likes this.
  9. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

had a friend working a pt job at a bar/restaurant for a few extra dollars...it was ATF...not the local schlubs. The fines are stiff too. Like $2500+ attorney fees. Not suprisingly...anyone in the serving booze biz has their spies out when their unit does the stings. They even pull stings at liqour stores on citizens!

10. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Worked for many years at a supermarket when much younger. I always was nice to the customers, at all times. To many things suck to go through life as a sour puss. Trying to claim your rights to some poor smuck just trying to get through life makes no sense to me. Hey, this guy actually has a job and isn't on the dole, that gets him points right there.

panthercity and pscook like this.
  11. Because he doesn’t have to worry about you making his junk smell like cigarettes?

NTTIAWWT

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

How minor? What store? What are the policies? What are the local laws?

13. This.......and because the vast majority of other countries don’t have all of these dumbasstastic laws/requirements/etc.

Shits a lot easier and hassle free once you get outside the world of snowflakes, ambulance chasers, and sue-happy self-entitled douchegrenades.

rafa likes this.
  14. I don’t know all those details. I was responding to his comment about Weigmans having a policy to card everyone when buying beer, but he didn’t have any issues when buying beer while being accompanied by 2 minors.

But 2 adults get shit when buying a bottle of wine.

Seems counterproductive to the “spirit of the rule” IMO.

15. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

The pasty white guy version of gin&juice

motoracer1100 likes this.
  16. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Maybe it was just you. I worked at a shoe/athletic store all throughout high school. Not only was I never searched, I was left alone to close up and make the bank deposit. Jus sayin. :Poke:

17. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

You’ll have to be more specific. It’s Minnesota. Even the brothers are pasty & pale up in these parts. :Poke::D

CRA_Fizzer likes this.
  18. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Leave the 'I' out. It's meant to say 'There's'.

19. You ain’t the boss of me either.

20. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

^This.

Especially when the only legal or constitutional "rights" you have are to choose not to shop there.