1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

“I need to see everyone’s ID...”

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Mar 27, 2018.

1. When did that become a thing?

We were at Walmart and had 2 buggies full of shit. The wife put her bottle of wine on the counter and the guy said “I need to see both of your IDs”.

I ignored him, as I thought he was fucking around. She pulled her ID out and he said “I need to see yours too”. I was like “I’m not drinking it, I hate wine. I’m not even paying for it” (she had her card out)

He said it again “I need to see everyone’s ID”. I was like “that’s the stupidest shit I’ve ever heard of, just fucking keep it”. If I wasn’t in a hurry, ida went to the Manager and told him to shove both buggies up his ass, and we’d go somewhere else. For some reason that stupid shit pissed me off so bad.

How about I go get anyone in the car and show their ID too? Or what about my dad, should I call him and get him to fax his over?

WTF was that about? What if a parent was there with their teenager, does that mean the parent wouldn’t be allowed to buy wine?

I’ve never heard of that shit before yesterday. I get the whole “teenager getting a 21yr old to buy their alcohol” thing, but this shit is getting ridiculous.

2. Mot Okstef

Mot Okstef Scrolling all day long on RRW.com

I've never heard of that either. Must be a Walmart specific policy. I'm just surprised you didn't buy all the wine in the store so nobody else could have any. :crackup:

sbk1198, aaronson, TX Joose and 6 others like this.
  3. xrated

xrated Well-Known Member

TN has had the show your I.D. thing since before we moved here in 2006, but I've never experienced what you did.....both of you being asked to show them. Chris, Peggy is 65 and I'm 63 and they still ask us for I.D. for purchases (not both of us). Peggy usually asks them why....are you checking to see if I'm old enough for the senior discount?

4. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

I have inconsistenly seen this before.

5. joec

joec brace yourself

6. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Slightly different but...

Went out and bought the big-ass TV. Had it in the back seat of my truck. Stopped at Target to pick up some slipcovers for the 2yr old's posterior, some socks for the 6yr old, and grabbed up a digital countertop convection oven to put at the shop. $179.33. 50 feet from where I paid for it, I had "security" demand to see my receipt. Told her no. Said I'd be more than happy to head straight over to customer service and return the whole fucking thing. "I'm just doing my job". Don't care. Get the fuck out of my way or it's going back. Blink-blink-blink. Ok, fuck you and fuck Target, wheeled the shit over and returned it.

In hindsight, I should have invited her to call the police, they can meet me outside at the big purple truck and I can refuse to show them my receipt as well. She has no police powers and cannot detain me, and there was no probable cause to demand a search of my person.

It would have been funny to invite them out to see the $1000 purchase they didn't get and sure as fuck never would over hassling me over having spent $180 with them. :D

motoracer1100 likes this.
  7. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

Damn it ... when I read the headline I thought you had a great Cop story ... this one is pretty great . You and Metalhead should collaborate on writing a book :crackup::bow:

Metalhead likes this.
  8. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

With artwork by Steetoe. He has a HUGE box o' crayons.

9. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

Oh Hell yeah .. I think I just pee'd a little with tears in my eyes :crackup::crackup::crackup:

10. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Out here they do that at every Costco and Fry's electronics location. I've seen it randomly at other places, but not consistently like the 2 chains mentioned.

11. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

The Liquor Barn's around here are very strict about checking all ID's. I agree, what are you supposed to do if you want to buy beer and be a parent?

BigBird likes this.
  12. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

Yeah, you have to love spending extra money to have a "membership" then being treated like a felon as you walk out the door. It's especially BS when you have to wait in line for them to check a bunch of receipts of all the people in front of you.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  13. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

[​IMG]

bleacht, TLR67, BigBird and 6 others like this.
  14. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

WTF.... So I guess it’s now impossible to buy beer at Walmart if you’re shopping and your kids are with you? Walmart blows.

15. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

Being dicks to people making minimum wage for following rules they also thinkare stupid, but having to do them so they don't get fired is awesome!

16. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Actually @pickled egg was a badass at Target...not Walmart. He really showed them.....wonder where he went and how much time he spent re-purchasing all that stuff again. :D

Since he lives in the land of Taaaargeeeeea, he probably went to another one.

BigBird likes this.
  17. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

TFW he finds out that a door checker getting $8/hr. doesn't give a fuck about Target's corporate profits. you tell em'!!! GRRRRRR!!! :rolleyes::D

18. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Sent the wife to do it. :D

I'll do the shopping at Microcenter and Home Depot.

19. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

Due to Dram Act liability in the various states, having a policy of asking everyone associated with the purchase of any alcohol at every alcohol purchase, regardless of how old they look, or what they may choose at any moment to tell the seller, is a prudent policy. I'm 60 and I get carded all the time. Yes, it may seem ridiculous. Yes, it is a wee, very wee, inconvenience. So what? The world does not exist for my convenience. When one considers the very real and very considerable potential liability these sellers face, being able to honestly respond that they check all ID's in every situation and do not leave it up to the discretion of the perhaps-not-so-smart employee, or the nod-nod-wink-wink employee who lets his underage friends buy alcohol, it is a reasonable policy.

Your reaction in the store was, umm, less than optimal. Save showing your ass for the BBS.

Cheers,

Dave

20. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Examples must be made. :D

Sweatypants likes this.