1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

will they burn baltimore?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by joec, Apr 25, 2015.

1. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

Why is Baltimore "charm city"? Yall got leprechauns or something?

2. joec

joec brace yourself

I have no idea.

3. joec

joec brace yourself

How long can a news helicopter hover for?

4. joec

joec brace yourself

They are asking people to not leave the stadium. Everything that's happening, is happening around the stadium.

5. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

Is there tailgating?

6. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

OK no meat and willingly rides Greyhound :eek: You are beginning to scare me.

7. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Anything to stay off the air! :)

I have seen so much of this country from the road. I would not replace.

8. joec

joec brace yourself

Sox win!

9. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

What are they protesting? I haven't been watching the news

10. joec

joec brace yourself

http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/20/us/baltimore-freddie-gray-death/

80pct severed spinal cord. Crushed voice box. They had him cuffed and leg barred, in the flashy box, with no seatbelt. Then ignored his requests for medics. The cops here are animals alot of times. All because he was carrying a pocket knife. Tragic story all around. But seems people here still are not fed up enough. Todays protests were fairly pathetic. Imho.

11. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

i was thinking about doing bike party last night, but figured it was better just to avoid any chance of getting caught up in something where a cop might have an excuse to beat me with something. yesterday i saw a video of cops arresting a few people and then people trying to fist fight those cops, didn't catch any news today. hopefully it doesn't get too nuts.

12. turtlecreek

turtlecreek Well-Known Member

Cops may be animals as you say, but apparently he was no angel either. "Gray had a long history of run-ins with the law. A search of his name brings up more than 20 cases in the Maryland judiciary going back to 2007. They're mostly drug-related charges, though he was charged with second-degree assault, according to court documents.

He also spent a month in prion in 2013 for drug possession, and he was due in court Friday on another possession charge, Shields said."

13. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Geeezus... Sounds like a real reason to kill him... Drug possession, and a fight over a woman, a few traffic tickets = long history of Run-In's with the law.

14. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Barely once removed from a Boston bomber...

15. turtlecreek

turtlecreek Well-Known Member

certainly didn't say that. not sure what happened, so i won't pass judgement. just pointing out the fact that we don't know exactly what happened and that there may be mitigating circumstances. i may have read it wrong, but it appears as if the guy was in pain/issue prior to being put in the truck. perhaps in the run down, tackle, knee on the head/back thing, something accidentally happened. that is quite different than the rough ride scenario. maybe in the past, this guy has shown a tendency for violence during the arrests? idk. either way, justice needs to happen, and if that means the cops go to jail, good. but if it doesn't, then good. police should be held to the highest of standards as they are in a position of authority. but i also believe they have a tough job dealing with punks day in and day out.

16. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Gee,here we go......lets smash up innocent peoples cars and trash our own local stores.I miss Nino Grease-manelli:D

17. joec

joec brace yourself

It was all fairly calm. Few smashed windows. Couple cop cars torn up. Some streets temporarily blocked. Seems most people avoided downtown and I think lots of roads in and out were shut down to keep people out and get people in if needed.

Some roving grouos were just running around down on the tourist area around 1030 or so..weird seeing people pushing strollers in the middle of all of it..

Last night was one of the quietest nights I can remember locally.. though the cops did raid the drug house behind my place at 11 pm.

18. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

If your gonna tell the story, don't leave out the relevant facts. Dead guy was loitering in a public housing community of which he had been locked up before for drug dealing and banned from. A simple public case search will show he's been locked up over 20 times. Officers recognized him from previous incidents and went to lock him up when he ran. They caught him and put him in the paddy wagon where he was given a 'rough ride' but didn't call for medical assistance when he was complaining of pain....ended up paralyzed and died several days later. So now the people are protesting the "increasing" police brutality in Bmore even though the factual numbers reveal brutality is at an all time low.

19. joec

joec brace yourself

So...Where do you live?.aa county? Pg county? Harford county? I live at preston and the mount. I have family that were city police. I have friends who are city police. I know the stories. I've seen it happen. I've been stopped, my shit all pulled out of my truck, searched. The girl searched.. Dog all through my truck on a Saturday afternoon. For driving through a neighborhood. 2 blocks from my shop. Stopped for looking like I might be buying drugs. Threatened with being locked up. For nothing. No warrants. Clean record except for some tickets.

Popo fucked up this time. Plain and simple. Pice commissioner admits it. Mayor admits it. .I think people have good reason to be upset..shit like this has been going on here for way too long.. there are lots, and lots of problems. Things should change.

And if you don't mind, please show me a credible source saying he was banned. I have not heard about that. Or I would have certainly mentioned it.

20. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Where's Al Sharpton when you need him?