1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

will they burn baltimore?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by joec, Apr 25, 2015.

1. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

So some occasional speeding is equivalent to 100% illegal?

It would be great if he had somewhere to enjoy that was legal.

2. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

3. aedwards01

aedwards01 Well-Known Member

4. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

He doesn't like it when I bring the man in the mirror to question, but the man has definitely mastered the art of lying to self. Or at minimum, convincing the man in the mirror. :D

5. I'm starting with the man in the mirror
    I'm asking him to change his ways
    And no message could have been any clearer
    If you want to make the world a better place
    Take a look at yourself, and then make a change

What's up G.O.A.T.?:D

6. Once you hit a certain MPH it becomes more serious in the eyes of the law. Pretty easy to do on a modern sportbike.

7. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

True and if someone here is clicking triple digits and dragging a knee every day I would say they are worse than the kid due to the potential for harm being higher. However the reality is that your comparison was a fail as most here while they have crossed the buck limit have done so on rare occasion on a less traveled road (not a neighborhood). I am sure you could find a couple of examples and I would condemn them MORE than that kid as they have more influence on choices.

Again it is sad that an obviously hard working kid does not have choices that are not against the law and dangerous to others. It would be awesome if a motocross rider could toss a wing over him and get him to the track where he can see the bike in its native home.

8. Jim Moore

Jim Moore Well-Known Member

Since you used me as an example I feel like I should clarify my remarks. Make no mistake, I think every goddam one of those bikes is stolen. Someone (you?)said you know someone in that group who went out bought a dirt bike, and now rides it with the dirt-bike gang on the streets of Baltimore. I don't believe you. If you were told that, I don't believe the person who told you.

9. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Jim, you need a new mirror.:Poke:

10. Why do you feel all the bikes are stolen?

11. Jim Moore

No one would scrimp and save to buy a bike only to use it in a manner that is guaranteed to get it confiscated by the police the first time he gets stopped. It doesn't make any sense. You do shit like that with a throwaway bike.

As a note, I also think most stunt bikes are stolen, or built from stolen parts. Does that mean I'm prejudiced against fat guys riding wheelies? Yes!

I also think most of the bikes on CL claiming "lost title" are bikes with liens on them that the owner wants to get rid of. Does that make me prejudiced against guys who don't pay their bills then try to slough off their problems on unsuspecting buyers? Yes!

12. You have no idea what someone would or wouldn't do in that regard. All it takes is one person to prove that this theory is bogus. I was just with a person who proves it bogus the other day. He's had his bike impounded, and got it back.

13. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

14. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

If a bike is purchase with monies proceeds from stolen goods is that bike stolen?:Poke:

15. Monie sells stolen goods? :D

16. Jim Moore

Sure I do. I've scrimped and saved for bikes. I know exactly what the vast majority of people would do. The fact that you've seen unicorn doesn't mean there are herds of unicorns roaming the streets. In fact, the fact that you feel obligated to mention this theoretical unicorn shows that it was a surprise to you too. Sort of "the exception proving the rule" kind of thing.

17. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

How convenient.

18. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

can you give us some insight into the thought process of some that would risk their hard earned dollars/bikes and put them at risk of impound? :Poke:

19. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

They still them from the impound too.

I think something like this happed in Baltimore sometime back.