1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is the Ultimate retired racers sportcruiser?

Discussion in 'General' started by caferace, May 16, 2017.

1. But that mechanical grip. :D

Not that it really makes a shit on a Sport Touring bike though.

2. condon66

condon66 Member well known

I absolutely love mine. It's a great first step away from a pure sportbike. Yeah it's not all day comfy and the bags aren't the industries leading but, it's comfier and carries more than a ZX10. And though it's a different bike, obviously, than a ZX10 when ridden very aggressively, it's got plenty of cornering prowess for the street. I have fun on mine every time I go out on it.

3. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Funny comment on bar stools.....When I bought my '85 FJ1100 I took it for a test ride...I came back thinking it was like riding a milk stool at 120 mph...now it's my sport tourer, my how times have changed. :crackup:

CMRA 270 likes this.
  4. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

Have one as well. 2011 and still only have 4000miles on it. Just never get to ride it as much, especially to work being that I have to drop the kids off at school first. The only thing I think about changing it getting a Corbin or Sargeant seat for it. The stock one forces your nuts to the tank too much, and it a bit on the hard side for my boney ass.

5. For sure.

As a street, or 2hr trip kinda bike, it is perfect. You can carry enough shit for a day trip (or maybe a single overnight trip), and have a lot of fun getting there.

If somebody wants something more comfortable than a ZX10, that can carry shit for the gym, but still has very good performance, it is the perfect bike.

It just doesn't work for what I need. If I'm not going to the gym or riding the mountains close to home, I'm heading halfway across the US for 7-8 days.

6. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

OK, so I'm now interested in trading my Triumph in for a MS.....if anyone has one they're bored of riding and craving something different, hit me up!!!

I've absolutely LOVED my Explorer but just craving something different. I just found a '10 yesterday and made the seller a trade offer....hoping to hear back from him.

Any particular yr(s) to stay away from???

Phl218 likes this.
  7. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

I want that new H2 engine sport tourer! If Kawasaki makes a naked version I may need that too!

8. CMRA 270

CMRA 270 Comes here for the latest CMRA gossip

Ironbutt Rally 2003

[​IMG]

9. speedkelly

speedkelly Well-Known Member

I went and treated myself to a Ducati Enduro this summer, so far, great all round fun bike. If price is not an issue, then what the hell. It's an enjoyable fun & fast go anywhere ride. Enough power to have some fun with. All day comfort for me. 750mile day was easy. Plus just as fun riding to work, as hauling ass up in the canyons.
    Maintenance? I prefer to do my own. Only pain in the ass is that you have to the dash reset by the dealer. Which sucks.

Phl218 likes this.
  10. Phl218

Phl218 .

Tuneboy and some other software from England should be able to do that too

XFBO likes this.
  11. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Porsche Boxster...

12. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

Garbage.

13. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Good golly Miss Molly.....I think you need a few more lights on that puppy.

CMRA 270 likes this.
  14. CMRA 270

I couldn't run all the lights and my heated liner...and there were (always are) some cold, dark nights during the Iron Butt Rally...

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

LED's are your friend :D

16. CMRA 270

Oh, heck yes! But in 2003, the PIAA 910 was the bomb if one had the budget both in dollars and amps. Those are Hella 8" 55w.

Lighting technology is amazing now...

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It floors me how many lumens you can get with little to no power draw. Wasn't that long ago I was making a bastardized HID setup to get decent light out of the DRZ.

XFBO and CMRA 270 like this.
  18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

XFBO, cpettit and cha0s#242 like this.
  19. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

That's going to be one badass tourer.

XFBO likes this.
  20. kman0066

kman0066 Well-Known Member

That's seems completely unnecessary, I want one!