1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is the Ultimate retired racers sportcruiser?

Discussion in 'General' started by caferace, May 16, 2017.

1. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

Well, . . . . you could paint this, or source white bodywork . . . otherwise they are identical. Just forego the white and go with the real Honda color . . . Ride Red!

I also have a yellow 2000 VFR800. I'm with you: The Vtec was a bad answer to a question never asked. The yellow 2000 is a sweet ride and one of the reasons I'm thinning the herd.

Baconologist - Given the lack of success I've had in moving this well preserved and perfectly operating machine (I just put a new battery in it so I can keep riding it in the rotation - not periodically using a motorcycle is the worst thing for them), it will probably still be around in 60 days, and I'll be a motivated seller.

Back to the thread topic: Cruiser? Sounds like a V-twin to me. Cruiser sez style, comfort and not in a hurry. One V-twin marquee comes immediately to mind: Moto Guzzi. I had an SP1000 and a 1971 Ambassador. Style, comfort and not in a hurry. And there was never any question as to whether you'd changed gears . . . the resounding clunk turned heads from several lanes away. :crackup:

Cheers,

Dave

2. trispdtrip

trispdtrip Poor, Fat, Slow Racer

I've been commuting on the Grom all week, what a blast. About the only thing that has put a smile on my face lately.:D

3. trispdtrip

trispdtrip Poor, Fat, Slow Racer

Another great bike would be the Tiger 1050. Handles good, great motor, can carry you stuff, do a track... it might be the do all bike to get.

4. bbsteinnewyork

bbsteinnewyork Active Member

Fz10[emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

5. Anybody have any experience with the new ST bikes from MV?

They make a ST bike with the 800cc Triple. I can't remember the name of it, but it is supposed to be their competition to the Multistrada.

But from a power standpoint, it is nowhere close. I think it only makes like 115hp or some shit.

6. OldGuyOnBlu

OldGuyOnBlu Well-Known Member

Long story, but no more racing and a need to change my rides so I got an r1200 GS. I've not regretted it at all. It can eat the miles, handle the twisties well and FS , logging, and gravel roads are quite doable. I've been amazed.

7. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Hey Cam, any specific year of the Honder i should stay away from? Im looking at '08 and newer. How's the storage? How's the basic maintenance?

Planning it to take some stints to the beach and maybe some country sight seeing eventually.

Cam Morehead likes this.
  8. Cam Morehead

Cam Morehead Husband, Dad, Racer

1800 CC. I believe mine is a 2006. Huge storage. I can put any 2 full face helmets in the upper storage. Put clothes and jackets, etc in the side bags. Love the cruise control. What maintenance.... Change the oil, air filter, and tires. Do not skimp on the tires. Make sure you get proper tires for the big bikes and keep proper air pressure. I added the AUX and USB ports in the left front small box. Charge phone and iPod while jamming..... Everyone hates on me... Ha ha. Its not a "Harley" or a "Sport" bike.... I love riding it to work AND in the mountains.

XFBO likes this.
  9. Ducti89

So stay away from the 1800cc stuff?

10. Cam Morehead

Cam Morehead Husband, Dad, Racer

1800cc is good. Sorry, confusing. I love mine. Fast enough and smooth.

Ducti89 likes this.
  11. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

he means his is an 1800. '01 and up is 1800. No "bad years" of GW that I've heard of.

Cam Morehead and Ducti89 like this.
  12. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Why is this thread 6 pages? I saw multistrada in the first posts, it should have been over then. :D

Its one of the coolest bikes I've ever owned. Its just so versatile. I can chase sportbikes up Palomar one day, and leave for two weeks in Baja the next. It's almost comical how good it is.

Gorilla George likes this.
  13. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

well, how many ticket so far on the FZ1?

14. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Hanging tight so far, but I'll have to admit to quite a few 100+mph blasts to the office. Well, pretty much every morning:D There's a great
    one lane ramp off the expressway near the airport that would be impossible for a cop to patrol. Any morning that I get a clear run it's triple digits all the way.

I'll have to say that the 1st Gen FZ1 is damn near the most perfect motorcycle I've ever owned. The only one better was my 1st Gen 900RR.

terminus est likes this.
  15. Ducti89

Thanks Cam and Tristan!

Cam Morehead likes this.
  16. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

Agreed. I'd like a 92 like my old one or a 93 too. F3 forks, some rear shock,
    840 kit and fuel injection...

17. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

To hell with all the above...Porsche Carrera Gt.:cool:

18. terminus est

terminus est Be prepared

Honda Valkyrie isn't a bad ride, the newer gen, not the old one. They handle pretty good, great power, can get good tires and have plenty of storage.

19. CMRA 270

CMRA 270 Comes here for the latest CMRA gossip

ADV touring bike; GS/Tiger/Africa Twin...WAY more fun than should be allowed on the street.

baconologist likes this.
  20. A Multistrada and Triumph Sprint ST (not the bigass GT) are the 2 best all-around bikes ever made, IMO.

I've seen the Sprint hold its own in the Advanced group at track days, while also being able to handle cross-country trips easily (while being comfortable and getting 50mpg).

I've taken round trips from
    NE TN to Galveston, Brownsville, and Houston many times. Plus lots of trips to MS and LA. It is great. I never do TDs with mine, for obvious reasons...but I would if I didn't have any other track bikes.

A Multistrada is the same. It can do anything you want it to do, and well.

JBraun likes this.