1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trump is a Winning Machine

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by blkduc, Dec 14, 2016.

1. lrrs517

lrrs517 Internet Investigative Officer

LAUGH TIME

2. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

That sounds like actual work though.

What sort of cretin are you?!? :D

3. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

One with callouses...

On his left hand ;)

4. turtlecreek

turtlecreek Well-Known Member

The narrative is that President Trump has promoted hate. It finally dawns on me after self-reflection, that he didn't promote it. He is simply the first President to step up that has earned my support beyond the voting booth. He inspires me to be more open with my thoughts, because the massive forces arrayed against him require me to participate. This openness is what "they" call hate. I don't hate anyone, except maybe those that wish to destroy the country of the Constitution. But truthfully, I don't even hate them. I simply believe they are grossly mistaken and that left to their devices, this country would be ruined. So, yes...if that is who is speaking, then perhaps if you squint just right, they are correct.

Anyway, I read this article and thought it fit nicely here:

Our generation, more than any previous in America, is responsible for a heartbreaking and seismic shift in in our nation:

The transition from a society of Ordered Liberty; the result of each PERSON'S natural liberty having equal standing under law, into a government-centered society consisting of factions locked in bitter competition for the favor of a government which scarcely recognizes the unalienable rights of the individual.

When the natural, (pre-Constitutional) liberty of individuals (not identity groups or factions) is equally defended by law, it is safe for individuals to engage in the interdependent exchange which generates innovation, progress and prosperity.

Since the just purpose of law is to defend each person's natural liberty against infringement by force, fraud, coercion, theft and invasion, then equal defense of the law is also the measure of any law's justice. It is a common-sense yardstick accessible to all; thus promoting engagement in our self-governed society.

This was radically-liberal political THEORY at the time of our nation's founding. Today it's of record; proven fact. The codification of these fundamental truths has resulted in unsurpassed progress, prosperity and human thriving.

Yet, as the founders of our nation observed, it is in the nature of government, peopled as it must be by fallible humans with agendas of their own, to GROW in scope, cost, jurisdiction and AUTHORITY.

In demonstrable fact, TOTALITARIAN CONTROL is the DEFAULT direction of EVERY government, no matter how carefully constituted and structured. Consistent and vigilant oversight of government by the people is the price of retained liberty.

Without sufficient accountability to a body politic which measures its government against respect for the equal, unalienable rights of each individual, the government will begin to RULE in pursuit of its own ends rather than SERVE by defending Liberty.

We hardly exercise vigilance when we:

* Entrust the teaching of history and the principles of Ordered Liberty to GOVERNMENT schools,

* Allow an entrenched ruling class to dominate Congress,

* Permit that Congress to offload the nuts and bolts of legislation to myriad of agencies,

* Disengage the political process but for the bi-annual popularity contests

We have been negligent.

The transition of government's purpose from SERVE to RULE is inevitable when the force of law is in poorly supervised, unaccountable hands.

But take heart Patriots!

The "formula" for a society of Ordered Liberty; equal defense of each person's natural rights, is now a proven, experienced part of our DNA. Our task is SO much easier than was the Revolutionary task of our founders!!

We need only to re-awaken ourselves and our fellows; a process already well underway.

Let's use the occasion of the 2020 campaign to re-ignite the brushfires of freedom all across America by restoring understanding and subscription to American doctrines of Ordered Liberty.

5. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

:clap:

6. TSWebster

TSWebster Well-Known Member

Too much lotion on your right hand?

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Huh, I honestly would expect good ones to cost more than that given the medical aspect. Mountain bikes cost more than double that for the decent stuff.

8. Lanceabillion

Lanceabillion Registered Abuser

9. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

I thought it was a lot but you are right, I just found on that is only a little nicer for $7k. damn. Specialized athletic versions are like $15k! Wow.

10. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

That's a lower end chair cost with zero options and no cushion I bet. Specialized seat cushions to help prevent pressure sores will cost at least $350. I mentored one para woman who had excellent health insurance at the time of her skiing accident. Her manual wheelchair billed out at $15k to insurance. I know power chairs that quads need can cost as high as $50k.

I got my second wheelchair last fall (insurance will pay for a new one every 5 years). But, the chair I wanted was denied due to contracted amount rates based on class of wheelchair. It was total BS. They had a $2700 cap and "rules" wouldn't allow me to pay the difference for the exact chair I wanted. Truly fucked up rules. If I had needed a power chair they would have been on the hook for $30k minimum. Through a lot of calls I found a demo chair of the exact one I wanted and got the durable medical supply company to go to insurance and got approval. I still had to pay a 20% copay. Then, the backrest sucked which I knew ahead of time and that was another $514 out of pocket. People don't understand that our chairs are extensions of our body once becoming paralyzed and without proper fit and function it causes more pain, potential pressure sores and potential hospital visits driving up costs for everyone. Everything disability related is stupid expensive. Why? Because they can. I'm one of the lucky ones who socked away money before becoming injured so I have some funds to dip into when needed. If you have a disability like mine you can dip into IRA funds without paying the 10% early withdrawl penalty. I try not to dip into those funds but I've needed to twice in the last 6 years. I know I'll need them later in life.

sheepofblue likes this.
  11. Fonda Dix

Just talked to my SIL. OUR bit was $3400. Had no idea.

Apparently the total was $13,600 for a manual with wheelie bars.

Jeez

12. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Damn. $13,600 is an uber nice manual chair. But, after being a para for 15 years I'm sure she knows exactly what she wants. Probably titanium frame, frog legs caster wheels, carbon backrest, carbon side guards and ultra light wheels I'm thinking. Still crazy expensive when you look at the sum of what you get. No way in Hell would my insurance kick in that much coin. I feel her pain.

On another note, the manual chair options sold in the USA sucks big time compared to Europe. There are way cool designs out of Italy, Austria and Switzerland. If you want to pay 100% of the cost you can get one. If it's not FDA approved here in the USA, no durable medical equipment supply company will order and sell them to you and insurance won't approve paying.

I spec'ed out one from Italy that is made specific to each user based on body size and weight. I only weigh about 135 lbs so my chair would have come in right around 8 to 9 lbs compared to my current chairs that are around 20 and 24 lbs. But, the entry price was just too high for me. Sure would be nice loading a 9 lb chair in my car versus dragging in a 24 lb chair. It can be a PITA sometimes. Especially in bad weather.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
  13. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

14. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I've got a customer Ed who's grandson got paralyzed from middle of his back down diving into too shallow water. Happened 3-4 years ago, kid is 16 now. Ed was in last week got talking about him, said his attitude is good and he's slowly gaining on movement. Therapist wanted him to get a chair with some sort of upper body exercise stuff on it, they did. Said they billed the insurance company $68,000 ! That's not a typo.

15. Fonda Dix

Last week was the 10 year anniversary of Zac Chapmans accident at VIR. He has made stunning progress.

Some of the costs he has shared are unbelievable, especially the PT and equipment. With hospitals and surgeries I would estimate well over 1.5 mil.

Damn.

16. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

I racked up $1.1M in medical bills the first 3 months injured. Two surgeries and 2.5 months of in-patient care at two different hospitals. I haven't totaled up what I've spent since August of 2013. I don't really want to know. I'm sure it would be depressing.

I saved the piston that seized in my racebike that caused my injury. It's on a shelf in my garage with $1M written on it.

17. lrrs517

lrrs517 Internet Investigative Officer

Trump is the kind of guy that would call a fat person fat. He would tell them they need to lose weight. That they are killing themselves. The Democrats are the opposite. They would say they want laws against fat shaming and they want unlimited EBT cards accepted at Golden Corral. . . . . Democrats : Basically look at California. A place where you can take a crap in public. Nothing will happen. But try picking up your crap with a plastic bag and you will go to jail.

speeddaddy likes this.
  18. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

So out of curiosity have you ever looked into having a custom job? From your post it sounds to me like you could get a really fantastic frame with good replaceable parts once the retrofit then soft parts every few years. Seems like a market that would prime for a kit type setup.

19. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

First person that got injured even worse on any manufacturer's "custom" rig would sue so hard that no-one would ever dare to attempt to modify so much as a footrest ever again.

I see everyone screaming about the outrageous prices of these specialized machines, but I'd be very interested in seeing the manufacturer's cost per unit in the various lines of insurance they have to have just to stay in business.

20. SnacktimeKC

SnacktimeKC Well-Known Member

That was a rough one, Fred has done an amazing job too. Great family. Someone said they saw a fundraiser for a powered wheelchair or something? If you know of it post or PM me the link. I’d be willing to bet it’s way over 1.5 mil.

Fonda Dix likes this.