1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trump is a Winning Machine

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by blkduc, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Investment statements?

I spent my investments, root canal money, daughters tuition, pretty little dress fund and everything else on racing motorcycles. Worst and most destructive addiction I ever had and I have had a lot of them.

Investment statements.

GTFO of here with that 1%er shit.

:D

TurboBlew likes this.
  2. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

:D
    My father was a stock broker. I should have followed in his footsteps but instead went the engineering route. But, he managed my investments until his death in 2001 and pretty much forced me to start investing right from the get go out of college. Instead of spending pay raises, I upped my investment % and was socking away 20% up until I got paralyzed. Glad I listened to him and stuck to a conservative financial strategy and pretty much lived below my means my whole adult life except for the first 5 years after getting married. Women want too much shit.......

Now, the paraplegic life ain't cheap. Medical shit is way overcharged. Manual wheelchairs cost more than some racebikes I rode.

Floyd likes this.
  3. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

I'll grant you that Trump has been a more involved President than any in recent memory. Key, even more than the Tax cuts, has been regulation reform. Unfortunately this has been very difficult to pin down. What markets like most of all is predictability. The market has already priced in both the taxes and the regulation changes, it is after all a forward looking predictor.

4. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Are you referring back to the bond yield curves? I am conflicted over different measurements and indicators. While I feel a correction is overdue, company balance sheets and the banks are overall in great shape so that would seem to indicate that the good times should roll on. But, will they? Has it been a bull market for too long?

5. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

My Sister in Law is para, T12 I believe. Crushed by a semi 15 years ago. I was STUNNED when I helped her buy her last wheelchair. $3,400. Add in the Baclofen, doctor visits, cannabis therapy, etc and its gets astronomical. Never mind the specially built house, car mods, sliding boards, PT, and other "accessories"

I feel for you (and others).

6. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Thanks. I wouldn't wish a spinal cord injury on my worst enemy. I'm a T7 so basically don't have much below my ribs. It can truly suck but my motto is to do the best with what you have. The gym and handcycling got me off most meds (hated baclofen) and keeps my head mostly straight (many in here will disagree). Shit does get expensive and it seems like there is always something popping up either health wise or something I need. But, overall I've been able to build up a pretty darn good life after 6 years of this and it can always be worse. I'm on track to handcycle 5,500 miles this year and last May 31st I rode a motorcycle at Road Atlanta for the first time since being paralyzed on June 1st 2013. Hopefully, I'll be back on the track once the weather cools down. Final mods to the bike are nearly complete.

If your sister-in-law isn't into a regular exercise program I highly recommend it. It's even more important that paras and quads stick to a regular routine than able bodied people. I can point her in some directions to go that may help. Doesn't matter how long she has been injured either. I know one woman who started back exercising after 19 years and she can kick her feet forward now. Nerves had made a connection and she didn't know it until she tried. Not saying it works for all, but unless you try, you never know. Things just take 1000x longer and are 1000x harder with a spinal cord injury.

speeddaddy and G 97 like this.
  7. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Carter was an evil SOB, he was the original enabler of the PLO among many other @#$#@ ups he did. He continued after he got out of office also breaking with a long tradition of former presidents staying out of policy. I would only piss on his grave if it was with gas and I had a match.

8. sheepofblue

I mean you are not sheep correct but that bar is pretty high.... Though I do admit you remind me of another Joe I knew in Michigan. He was FAR left but had reasoning and could discuss it civilly. Despite those disagreements I considered him a good guy and good friend. It was even interesting to hear his logic at times.

9. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Hmmm. This could be interpreted several ways. Then, throw in your user name and there is another wrinkle.

If personalities are based on Dungeon posts than pretty much everyone in here is fucked up in one way shape or form. This forum section has become a fun place in many ways. Some of my posts are serious and others are total BS just like others in here. Then some of my posts are simply out of boredom. It's too bloody hot to ride the handcycle and the battery in my car shit the bed so I was waiting on AAA and started posting today. The comments with Motofun352 were good and caused reason to think more. G97 comes along and it's back to BS territory. But, that's part of the Dungeon culture.

jase likes this.
  10. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

I usually post during welding breaks as time permits...like Joe, I get bored and working alone don't help...LOL

11. G 97

G 97 Garth

You poor thing you. You’ve posted far more BS territory post then I have by a long shot. Hell, its your stated MO. You’ve made several statements to this effect.
    Keep projecting.
    Keep not giving a shit. :crackup:

12. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

13. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Some of us do but we prefer watching the trainwreck and not paricipating :D

14. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

I’m over here watching Trump kill it in New Hampshire. Ya know. And coming to the trump is a winning machine thread and boom. Totally depressed now.

15. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Just a point of consideration...

It’s a lot easier to double or triple $100 than it is $100000.

Obama’s economic growth came entirely from government baling up cash and giving it to cronies. Trump’s economic growth has come from untethering productive industries and favorable taxation policy.

Neither is sustainable. You can only spend other people’s money for so long before they don’t have any to confiscate. And you can’t continue with astronomic growth in industry without a rise in personal/business debt spending.

This is why the economic cycle is, umm, a cycle. It will peak. It will recede. Healthy businesses will survive. Unhealthy businesses will fail. Unless there’s a Democrat in charge, in which case they’ll knife the baby to save the centenarian.

Economics 101. You’re welcome.

Quicktoy, Fonda Dix and cav115 like this.
  16. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

This. Thank you.
    Gets it.

17. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

18. sheepofblue

Don't take life to serious, it ain't permanent. Though since you post liberal at times I feel the need to remind you, baaa means NO!

19. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

The rest of your post is OK, but I have a bone to pick with this snippet.

Take $100 and open a brokerage account with it and see how long it takes you to get to the point where you can cash out 200 or 300. Fees would be a much higher percentage of the amount of money you invested than would be the case with $100K.

But, yeah, a small-mid cap company has a much easier time doubling or tripling its cap than Amazon or Exxon would.

20. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I wasn’t talking about the markets, I was talking about using $100 to make $200 on your own initiative.

auminer likes this.