1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trump is a Winning Machine

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by blkduc, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

2 stroke?

2. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

So many variables depending on each user that might be tough to design a kit type set up.

3. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

I was thinking more in terms of individuals. Seems to me that he could mod and old one and get something cool. Stuff like CF bicycle wheels for weight and other items. CF tubing for some of the frame etc. I am WOEFULLY ignorant and could be 100% wrong but it just seems that he could mod an old frame with new padding once in a while. Just a thought from an enginerd and could be utterly wrong as I thankfully don't know much about wheel chairs. However as he stated it is an extension of him and it just seems like you could get a custom frame that suits you and would not wear out. Pondering it....yes it is a disease :oops:

4. sheepofblue

But isn't yours kind of an off the shelf item? Different models with different nice features but in the end off the rack?

Just seems to me that many parts are fairly normal items. For instance a tube frame. Make angle brackets and space them with CF tube for something much lighter than steel tube yet not an exotic cast/formed piece yet you could cut it to the perfect length for your size..... Just thinking...seems like the type of thing that motorcycle racers excel at (fabbing) coupled with the type of items that a ton of engineers would contribute to.... Oh well just plotting out loud (all y'all think sheep are just out being dumb and grazing.... nope plotting all kinds of things all time :beer:)

5. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Yup. I had totally rebuilt the engine in the off-season. Ran it at Barber with zero issues. Went to Roebling with way rich jetting but it still seized the left cylinder only. My EGT gauge was well within non-seize territory. The right cylinder looked perfect. A long time friend and RZ expert tuner took one look at the piston and said it must be fractionally oversized from the factory and the long straight at RRR put just enough heat into it to expand enough to seize. Burn patterns on the top of each piston were near perfect and the spark plugs on both cylinders were on the dark side indicating rich jetting. The cylinders are Nikasil plated and set for 3 thou clearance which is tight but not seize worthy tight if the one piston was correct. I had run the exact same setup for several years with zero issues. I always jetted on the rich side because RZ based engines will still pull if a bit rich and it extends the longevity. My error was not checking the piston clearance during assembly but again I had run this exact setup for years with no issues. If it was new cylinders or replated cylinders I always checked the clearance. I ran these cylinders the whole season before and was just putting in new pistons, rings and crank. Shit happens.......

6. sheepofblue

Of course you could also go the route I saw in 77 I think....guy at Daytona has a 125 Elsinore powered chair.....

50Joe likes this.
  7. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

The different chair models in the catalogs all look off the shelf but even in the US, each chair is ordered individually. You have to first get a prescription from your doctor for a new chair and go to a rehab place that has a "seating clinic". The seating clinic tech takes all the measurements and then the chair gets ordered. Length from the seat to footplate, seat width, seat depth, chair "dump" as it's called, seat back height, etc are all user specific. Then there is a myriad of options. I'm a minimalist. I stripped all kinds of shit off my first chair that they said I needed but didn't. But, everyone is clueless getting their first chair. They even had a seat belt on my first chair. F-that. I use no wheelie bars (extend back to you can't flip over backwards), no push handles, no seat belt, cut down side pant guards, much smaller backrest than what they say a T7 para needs, etc. I probably pulled off a good 8 lbs on my first chair.

sheepofblue likes this.
  8. sheepofblue

So basically they are mostly custom. Anything more you would do is tear stuff off or find a lighter piece (wheels etc.) Interesting, thank you. Oh and classic racer take something stock and make it lighter. Though if you were in the south you would need a set of these on the back https://www.ebay.com/i/181932456245...MIlOzfyK-S5AIVA5-fCh3CVQwkEAQYBSABEgLGivD_BwE

9. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

LOL. You know the racer mindset. Anything that doesn't make it lighter or faster has gotta go. Light weight is really important when you drive a regular car because you are always tearing it down and then pulling the chair in the car across your body into the passenger seat.

10. sheepofblue

I could see it matter on roll effort also. I imagine good wheels and bearings make life better also.

50Joe likes this.
  11. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

I raced TZ's, RS's and even an Aprilia 2s for 8 years and thank goodness I never had a seize moment. Thanks for sharing Joe.

Now back to the regularly scheduled program......:)

50Joe likes this.
  12. sheepofblue

Death to Trump! Epstien was assinated! Clinton mollested people downstairs at a donut shop! Warren it on the warpath! Uncle Joe is just affectionate in an old school way....

Fonda Dix likes this.
  13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Lot of places, well, some places, do mod old ones and refurb them for those who can't afford them.

sheepofblue likes this.
  14. sheepofblue

He needs to take one of his old ones and slap a KTM 65 in it......though he would have to put the wheelie bars back on.

15. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

16. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

YamahaRick likes this.
  17. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Mere bag of shells. A recession is coming. Haven't you heard?
    :D

Quicktoy likes this.
  18. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

I have. I’m super excited to get to save soon on my payroll taxes. They kill me.

Spang308 likes this.
  19. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Isn't amazing how the Libs and the media concoct one disaster after another out of thin air and their useful idiots lap it up like mothers milk. They sure like stories that begin with R. First Russia, then Racist, now Recession. The fact that anyone even lends them a modicum of credibility at this point is pathetically sad.
    News flash libs...it's all made up bullshit by the propaganda machine. Step away from the Kool Aid you idiots.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
    Quicktoy and XFBO like this.
  20. sheepofblue

Just heard an interview with my local Congressman (who is an economist by schooling) He correctly pointed out that a recession is ALWAYS coming and will be followed by a recovery. Also the media can talk us into one as they did prior to BJ getting elected (there was a recession but it ended prior to the election and was misreported). His point was if you convince people there is one or one is coming confidence declines and takes consumer spending with it, recession starts. Or business believes it and reduces hiring and investment, net result is that again a recession becomes far more likely. This is yet another tactic like wailing racism that the demoncat party uses, running on marxism just does not seem to be working outside the fringe of their own party.