1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thinking about a jeep...

Discussion in 'General' started by BrianC636, Jun 22, 2017.

1. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Sounds like a wise choice, but how about them stupid tail lights, tho'? Every time I see those X-es, it's like, is that where the bandaid goes after it gets its ass kicked or is that where to kick it in its ass?
    :D
    [​IMG]

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Why are those in a picture when the post is talking about real Jeeps anyway? Those are barely real cars.

Pixelator likes this.
  3. fastfreddie

It doesn't kill Porsche. WTF aren't you driving a Carrera 4S? :Poke:
    :D

BigBird likes this.
  4. Those will run out of real Jeep potential in a hurry.

5. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Because it would have been silly to start a Fiat Panda thread. :D
    The only "real" Jeep is the Willys.

FWIW I own a JK as well. The Renegade is about 85% as capable as my Wrangler but way more comfortable, quiet, and efficient. My only complaint is the complete lack of power.

Sorry for the thread jack.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Newer Wranglers are more capable than a Willys ever was so they fit the real Jeep category no problem. The Renegade is a point A to B car. What's a threadjack?

7. Fonda Dix

That is a great idea but unfortunately they cap it at $35,000 for employees who are not executives . Plus I don’t think that car has much room for things like microscopes and stem kits. :)

8. Fonda Dix

It’s when someone strays off the original intent of the thread. In other words standard operating procedure in the dungeon. :)

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Isn't a stem kit just an opened up White Album?

Fonda Dix likes this.
  10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And in General and occasionally the newbie forum as well :D

Fonda Dix likes this.
  11. Fonda Dix

Agreed.

Its been a good car and like I said, the one with the lockers is pretty effective, provided you dont get into a situation where you need high power. Its weak. Especially after adding lift, cargo basket, AT tires, ladder (totally unnecessary btw), light bars and on and on. The aftermarket is sticking it to BU (Renegade) owners as well. I probably have $40K into this damn Fiat by now.

But I agree, its no Wrangler. I guess revenue from the fake Jeeps allows them the money to build cool shit like the Gladiator, which I want, badly.

12. fastfreddie

Which puts a new, nicely appointed 911 in your hands just under $100K!
    Dude!?
    [​IMG]
    :crackup:

Fonda Dix likes this.
  13. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

14. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

My daughter is currently looking for something she can take offroading/camping etc but still use on her college campus and work.

Tell me about your rig. What is it?

15. Gladiator is getting some damn good reviews. If you look at trucks in that segment it’s not far off price wise compared to what you get. A Jeep will still be a Jeep. They are noisy as hell, most don’t ride too good (mine does with my daily springs n shocks and is set up right but most ride like shit), get crap gas mileage but that’s a trade off and worth it if you do any off roading and not much of a better feeling than the top and doors off on a nice summer night. One thing I did do was make a duct for the rear seat so the kids have some heat and AC. Nothing worse than your kids being miserable when you are out trying to have a fun cough “family” day off-roading. Where I live in NE Ga you can wheel to some very cool places way off the beaten path but you need a fairly capable vehicle to do so. Extra ground clearance from a lifted Jeep isn’t always a must but it does keep you from getting hung up more times than not. Some people actually hike into the woods etc but that just seems like a lot of work. Plus in a Jeep I’m away from snakes. Not a fan of getting bit by a snake deep in the woods.

16. Tastefully done. I’m going to rewrap mine in spring in gunmetal. Mine has 3m clear on it, amazing the amount of damage that stuff saves going through the woods. Makes life a lot easier wheeling not having to avoid limbs.

omatter34 likes this.
  17. Can’t do a loud exhaust, hate them on cars, always have. Even the pro touring car I built I spent a lot of $ to get enough flow but still quiet. I have a pretty decent stereo in my Jeep and that was mainly so I could hear the damn thing clearly. I have damn near perfect hearing according to those tests we have done at work annually and I want to hear shit clearly. If I was willing to spend the $ I’m sure you could have a valve for 2 separate cat backs but I don’t really care for the sound of a v6 anyway.
    I’m driving a pro mod tomorrow, that will get me my loud car fix.

18. BigBird

BigBird blah

I used to love a nice deep, sort of loud exhaust, and well now I'm old. I spent a lot of $$ to get power and be quiet and under the radar. Now I can drive faster and no one can really tell :)

19. ineedanap

ineedanap Well-Known Member

How do you drive with the radio on???

20. omatter34

omatter34 Well-Known Member

I've been considering this. What did it run you to wrap the jeep?