1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thinking about a jeep...

Discussion in 'General' started by BrianC636, Jun 22, 2017.

1. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

In meetings all day but will send you a PM tonight.

2. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

With blown speakers. :D

You guys have to understand that Jeeps are pretty quiet, stock. It's hard to tell if it's running by sound alone when the top is off, you're at a stop and outside noises come from all directions. I don't want a loud exhaust either, but I won't spend money on "quiet". I figure, if I'm gonna slap a pipe on it, a simple, single muffler exhaust tucked up high-n-tight is what I'm after. Borla has a couple options that fit the bill.

3. ineedanap

ineedanap Well-Known Member

I own one too. 2012 JK rubicon 6 speed soft top with an upgraded radio.

To each their own I guess. I'm not trying to argue or anything, but I can't remember the last time I looked at a tach at a stoplight.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Fred is just weird, ignore him. I can't imagine any time I'd need to see the tach or hear the engine to know how to take off from a light :crackup:

5. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

I think I just experienced my first "Jeep Wave."

Pixelator likes this.
  6. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Anybody know when that comes out? That SOB checks off a lot of boxes for me.

7. r1owner

r1owner All cars suck!

It should not be hard to shift from 2H to 4H, you can do that up to 50 MPH. Mine easily shifts from 2H to 4H at that speed. Now getting into 4L takes a little more work, but is still quite easy.

8. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

After a couple shifts, it's now easier, although still stiffer than anything else I've driven.

9. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

That because it is a man’s manual 4wd engagement not the Nancy electronic shifter. :D Yes I had the same problem with mine first time I put it in 4wd.

Pixelator likes this.
  10. fastfreddie

I try not to wear the clutch. Sure, I could hammer down and dump it, but why subject it to abuse at a stop light?
    With the shitty low end throttle response, either it's too much gas or not enough. Can't hear it, so I watch the tach.
    Jeeps suck. :D

11. fastfreddie

Buy a 2020 Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition and You Could Win $100,000
    The "launch edition" is $62K.

4L. I try to be rolling just a bit. If you'll notice the gate is slanted between N and 4L and pull in that direction, instead of straight back (which we all tend to want to do), it goes a lot easier/smoother.

12. fastfreddie

Fixed. :crackup:

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I catch myself almost waving at them all the time in the Tahoe :D

Wingnut likes this.
  14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Normal. Moving it a hair while you shift helps, I think it just gets a little bound up at times.

15. Make that shit stop.

ineedanap likes this.
  16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You're just mad that YJ's and older don't wave at the mommy jeeps :D

17. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

All of them seem to wave at me. First time I was “why the fock are these people waving at me”.

18. Nothing wrong with my mall crawler :).

19. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Does anyone have any idea of when the gladiator is going to go on sale? I've gone back and forth across the entire car/truck/SUV spectrum and I'm feeling like that's the vehicle for me but I can't find out when it fucking goes on sale. Anybody? I'm just outside Philadelphia if that helps narrow down this region's availability.

20. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

You missed the pre-sale for the launch edition. It's a 2020 model year so... this summer?