1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thinking about a jeep...

Discussion in 'General' started by BrianC636, Jun 22, 2017.

1. BrianC636

BrianC636 Well-Known Member

So I've been itching to get something new and I keep looking at the 4 door wranglers.

Any pros/cons other than price?

2. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

I don't get it. They're cool and all but I just can't get around all their quirks. At least not for what they cost.

Kolbe, rk97 and 418 like this.
  3. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

Do it. You will be a new convert

I've had all of them. The new four doors ride like a dream all week long. Take the top off and climb up trees on the weekend. The MPG on the new V6 is awesome.

I got out of my 2004 LJ for a tricked out 2016 Sahara Unlimited and couldn't be happier. Leather seats, Nav, Serius, Cruise etc. And I still take it camping and mud with it

4. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

Have you done anything to it? I wish I could've gotten a jeep but needed the pickup and the space in the backseat.

5. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

They're really slooooooowwwww..

track wagon likes this.
  6. Dits

Assuming you're asking me. I had a 4 inch lift and 33/15s on the 2004. When you added in the weight of that, the after market bumpers, the winch etc. it got 10 mpg on a good day. I've kept the new one bone stock and it's just as capable off-road. Unless you're climbing rocks, the mods mean nothing. The new Rubicons and Saharas come with 32/18s stock. So better ground clearance out of the box Average is 18 MPG.

7. Dits

And yes, it's really slow.

8. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Get the newer engine, the Pentastar. It's waaaaaay better than the old one.

Reckless_Kelly likes this.
  9. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

Yep, thanks for the response. We're thinking of a 3rd vehicle for the family next year and I'm campaigning for a 4-door JK.

10. RxRC

RxRC Well-Known Member

I think a JEEP would be a fun third or fourth vehicle. My buddy just bought a 1990 that's just like new, was a New Mexico vehicle. Pretty cool but not a daily driver.

11. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

Which version/ year is the best 4x4 woods / beater

12. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

my nephew was selling his Jeep Wrangler in last few year, and it was a little rough. He was asking twice what I was willing to pay for it. I had borrowed it when my truck was in the shop. It drove okay, and that's about all I can say.

13. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

They're fun around town, they drink gas like it's free, very easy to park and mall crawl, not great out on the highway and lastly it's built by Chrysler :(

My wife likes hers though
    [​IMG]

14. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

for the price, you can get ALOT OF OTHER BETTER, MORE CAPABLE, AND PRACTICAL VEHICLES. whether a toy, or daily driver. I honestly don't get them, for daily driving. they are ASTRONOMICAL in price. they are as much as a full size truck. WTF? Ski

cav115, BROsiah, StaccatoFan and 3 others like this.
  15. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

It is a cult.

16. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I'm with you, and I've owned 3. But the one I want to buy is the one that started it all...a real 40's Jeep. Maybe someday.

Gino230 likes this.
  17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:stupid:

18. I built a brand new 14 4 door. If you do it right they still ride very good, decent amount of power, fun off road. I use mine off-road a lot and I'm not bored of it yet.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

A pimped Wrangler is the same as a base model truck. Mine with full lockers and nav system and such was 30k.

Basically I love it, I love what it can do and what it does and and even love all the basic Jeep stuff about it.

20. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

21. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member