1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The wait is over. Need help from the iracing gods on the beeb..

Discussion in 'General' started by assjuice cyrus, Apr 8, 2017.

1. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

You are all fuckers Thats all I got!!:beer:

2. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I did back to back to back tests . 3200/3600/4000
    My biggest concern was load speed.
    All done in test mode @ Sebring.
    3200 Average load time 2:30
    3600: 1:30
    4000 : 30 seconds
    It makes a big difference when you lose connection and trying to get back in without losing a lot of time.

3. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I've yet to make the plunge. 2:30 seconds load time to play a game, that might drive me nuts!!!! I guess I'm getting too impatient in my old age.

4. code3ryder

code3ryder Well-Known Member

Funny enough Jayz Two Cents put out a video today about RAM speed. Search Does Ram Speed REALLY matter? You might be surprised

5. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Yup, all depends on what you want and what other components you are using.
    The price difference between 3200 & 3400 is not that much.
    3600 a bit more
    4000 is insane, but you know me.
    My Corsair Vengeance came with a cooling fan :)
    My internal temps never come close to need it.
    That's one of the reasons I like Corsair. You can use their software to monitor everything.

6. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

So you spent significantly more money for RAM for loading the game? Strange, but okay.

7. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I did all that before I found out that my disconnect issues were Steam related.
    And not sure if I would do it again.
    I'm very anal about losing IR as is.
    So being able to get back in the sim quick after a disconnect to try and save some was most important.

8. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Glad I got my computer sorted out, because I'm having a hard enough time driving around the goddamn track.

I keep thinking of that scene in Days of Thunder where Harry says "you're having enough trouble riding around the race track as it is"

9. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

" Hit the pace car.... you've hit every other GD thing out there!"

Gino230 and Boman Forklift like this.
  10. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

11. 600 dbl are

Yes, there are a bunch of people that run a 49" ultra wide and I've never really heard a bad thing.

Just also keep in mind, you can get more FOV for less money by going with triples at the same refresh rate and resolution. I have these: https://www.pcnation.com/web/detail...Dd0lBLKIrw-Krh-nmthzjGDKwk5FVUjBoCKwcQAvD_BwE

To put it in perspective. A 49" ultrawide 24" from your eyes will give you a field of view of 89 degrees

Three 27" monitors at the same distance gives you 159 degrees

Gino230 likes this.
  12. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

I like that idea, for some reason I thought triples would be more expensive but more immersion and less money seems perfect. I wonder if my old 970 would be enough or if I’d have to upgrade.

13. 600 dbl are

That is the downside to running triples. In order to get 144hz out of the monitors, your graphics card will need to have three display ports. It also takes more CPU/GPU juice to run triples than a single ultra wide. Then there is the additional cost of mounting solutions depending on your set up. In order for you to run those triples at 144hz it will require more money than the Ultrawide.

14. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

I use VR with my setup. I tried triples after I got my setup and I couldn’t run for shit. I run mostly dirt, so being able to look right as I throw it in a turn is important to me. It just feels so much more natural to me with vr.
    Can I post a video to this thread if it is Iracing related? Don’t want to get a silly vacation right now.

15. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Just an FYI for anyone building a computer to run Iracing. You don’t need to spend a ton of money. I just built a system out of parts I had kicking around. It is an old AMD FX 8320e with 16gb ram and an AMD RX580 video card. It runs Iracing at over 200fps on a single 1080 monitor at mostly high settings, and easily hit 90fps in vr. The video card is the only thing I bought recently, and I only paid $120 Canadian for it. The rest of the parts are close to 10 years old and it all runs Iracing great.

Gino230 likes this.
  16. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Have you been racing Miatas at all? I Managed to get my D license this week, so I'm out of rookies! But now I have to go back to work, so probably no Racing until Monday....

code3ryder likes this.
  17. stevedave

stevedave Well-Known Member

18. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

Ive played Assetto Corsa Competizone, its good, its a bit different than iracing. Not sure how to describe it. But I like that it has a single player mode so I can just hop on and go, haven't played online. I play Dirt 2 a LOT, I love it. Very different than what you get in iracing obviously. Iracing has rallycross, but no true rally, and again Dirt 2 is single player, so I can just hop on and go.
    Ive heard Project Cars 2 is good, but I hear a lot of complaints about the physics, especially if you're used to iracing, so I have no interest in purchasing it. Rfactor 2 has a good reputation, but after spending so much for stuff in iracing, I dont feel like double dipping, so haven't tried that one.
    I also play KartKraft. Its solely karts. I have no idea how realistic it is, and its pretty simple, but its fun.

19. 600 dbl are

I’ve been playing Assetto Corsa Competizion. Graphics are better (significantly), and I do like the tire model better than the current abortion that is iRacing. It still feels a little bit arcadish, but it’s fun none the less. Plus the sounds are amazing.

20. stevedave

stevedave Well-Known Member

code3ryder likes this.