1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The wait is over. Need help from the iracing gods on the beeb..

Discussion in 'General' started by assjuice cyrus, Apr 8, 2017.

1. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

I started doing the GT4 series because I was a little tired of the Miata, plus my friend is buying a real life GT4 club sport so I wanted to play with that car. One thing I have noticed- the tracks you have to pay for, those races are far more gentlemanly- You may still get hit but it's not the unbridled crash fest that is the free tracks.

This is starting to become an axiom in American life- raise the price to get rid of the Rif Raf.

dtalbott, R1Racer99 and 418 like this.
  2. 418

418 Expert #59

I got into D class and was thinking it was gonna be better. Pretty much the same shit. Instead of racing I'm driving around managing the morons around me and invetably somebody still manages to do stupid shit.

I think they SR system works once you get people that know how to race but when you have a bunch of people that are just clueless...it doesn't help anything. I think the penalty in the lower classes should be harsher. Like an automatic DQ or drive thur penalty for spinning or making contact. Also the system doesn't recognize who's actually at fault...

Meh.

3. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

One thing to look at is how populated the race is .
    The more splits , the bigger the chance of getting in with lower quality racers .
    Less splits also means you might be in with much better drivers that can be safer , but also much faster which can raise your SR , but lower your IR .
    Unless of course you beat those higher IR guys it will help both .
    The game overall has brought in more game console members than when most of us here got started .
    Some of those people are using game pads , which also leads to shitty driving .

418 likes this.
  4. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

I finally have my TrakRacer rig complete. I'm doing some cable management before I plug everything in. One thing I've noticed is that with my old Logitech setup, I had one USB for the wheel and pedals. Now I'll have 3- one for the wheel and it's associated buttons, one for the pedals, and one for the wheel controller?

Also, the wheel came with a short coiled cable, but that's obviously not going to reach the PC. so is there a USB extender I should get for that?

I think with the mouse and keyboard, I'll be using all 6 of my USB ports on the PC.

5. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Mount a USB hub somewhere close to the wheel deck ..

Gino230 likes this.
  6. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I have nothing to add except that I absolute hate iRacing UI .