1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The wait is over. Need help from the iracing gods on the beeb..

Discussion in 'General' started by assjuice cyrus, Apr 8, 2017.

1. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

I had my first D class race "weekend" yesterday at Tsubuka in the Miata. First race I qualified mid pack, start went ok, but in the 4th or 5th corner some Italian jackass nailed me in the left rear quarter and took us both off track. I then spun into the wall and took someone else with me. The hood blew off the car and I continued, but the car was slower. It actually handled better with the damage, it felt like it was down on power so I had to compensate by getting on the gas earlier and earlier, braking later, but for some reason it was less tail happy and turned in better. Finished 5th.

I raced again the next hourly race, and had a clean start and worked my way to 3rd. I was right on the bumper of the 2nd place guy for the last few laps, he made some mistakes, but so did I. Basically I was trying to get around him which didn't leave me in a position to capitalize when he made a mistake- and he made a few. But it was good to bring it home clean and have my safety rating go up significantly.

2. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Never had any problems with Italian drivers. Iberia , and South America are the worst.
    Think they own the track and will wreck you without hesitation.

3. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

We have just a couple races left in our GT4 season. I'll put this together for a night after that. Sometime towards the end of May.

Gino230 and G Dawg like this.
  4. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

The more names someone has, the worse the driver. Without fail. 2 names, hit or miss. 3 names, insane. 4 names, just quit youre done.

Gino230 and G Dawg like this.
  5. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

If Juan, had one name, would Juan be as good as the other ones? Considering how much Juan, has already won? One wonders.

6. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Diego Ignacio Portell Garrido banned for life from PRL :)

7. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

If you've followed his career, you should know the answer. I like him, but would not want him on my tail.
    If you watch any of the iRacing IROC races, he's in them.

8. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Racing midgets tonight at 7pm Central. You can watch it live at the Powri TV facebook page. I am hoping that this week goes well. I am pretty good at this track. It will all come down to how clean people run. I don't hold too much hope in that. Ha.

9. code3ryder

code3ryder Well-Known Member

Hahahahahahaha $400...lulz

Screenshot_20200428-192655_Facebook.jpg

10. stevedave

stevedave Well-Known Member

Eagle has landed. Thanks to Kenny and Eric for getting me going last night. Now the training begins. [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

11. backcountryme

62476EF8-EDDE-4BB6-9E59-882A37E9B593.jpeg Your rig looks a bit nicer then my completely cobbled together monster. But it did cost me a grand total of $60 to build. Including the seat.

Gino230 and code3ryder like this.
  12. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

Where's the fuzzy dice hanging from the mirror?

backcountryme likes this.
  13. backcountryme

I knew I was missing something.

14. Pittenger5

Maybe a license plate that says Fresh?

15. stevedave

Yeah mine was a little more than that...but the important part is we are all having fun.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gino230 and backcountryme like this.
  16. backcountryme

I have mine setup for midget and sprintcar racing. That is why the steering wheel is layed down like that. But man, it is an improvement on a desk chair and a desk.

17. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

I was wondering why you were driving 18 wheeler style :D

backcountryme and stevedave like this.
  18. Pittenger5

Project cars 2 is on sale on steam for 12 bucks

19. backcountryme

I find I drive the dirt stuff far better if I have the wheel like the old midget we have. Just more natural feeling.

20. stevedave

Who wants to turn some laps this weekend on iracing? God knows I need all the seat time I can get. Gotta figure out when to start rookie races...only been doing AI in the BETA UI.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk