1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The wait is over. Need help from the iracing gods on the beeb..

Discussion in 'General' started by assjuice cyrus, Apr 8, 2017.

1. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

There's people with a pro license, there's people who have a pro license and earn money racing, and there are pro racers who entirely support themselves with race winnings and sponsorships. Opinions vary on which group are the definition of being a pro racer. Sounds like he's somewhere between the 2nd and 3rd groups.

I will say, I find dirt track ovals the hardest format in iracing so far. I am the least consistent and least able to hop in and get on pace.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2020
  2. Monsterdood

Technical question, running Legends on the short tracks... at the end of the race, my rear tire tread is at 90% and my front tire tread is at 75%. I am dropping off 1-2 seconds a lap by the end of the race. Do I need to try to steer with the rear end more or otherwise engage the rears more or is that all normal. I know Legends cars may be lame and boring for all you iracing pros, but I like the forgiveness of the format and at this stage, find it more fun than some of the other cars / tracks. I'm splitting time between legends, Miata races and learning the Indy bike course in a Miata so that I might know which way the track goes for the MA round in October. :)

3. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

The front right tire on an oval car is always going to see more wear but you could be driving the front in a little too hard.

4. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

IMO yes. A professional gets paid for his craft. Congrats to your cousin. E racing is even more lucrative than electric gocarts :D

5axis, Gino230 and Boman Forklift like this.
  5. Venom51

The down side is you can't see the tears of the 8 year olds after you have taken their lunch money though. :D

Boman Forklift likes this.
  6. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

I've got a guy local to me selling the Obutto Ozone with the triple monitor stand for a good price. I've read the new reviews on it but does anyone here have any real world thoughts good/bad on this thing?

7. drop

drop Well-Known Member

raise right rear air pressure a couple of pounds

or

add some stagger in the rear

or

add some spring (make stiffer) the left rear

your car is to tight and shoving the front. Hence the tire wear. Right rears should always see the most wear and heat. You drive with the right rear and steer with the left rear.

8. Venom51

That's what I drive in...

I've got no problem with mine after almost a decade. If it's a V1 the keyboard tray is largely useless but other than that it is a solid setup.

9. Monsterdood

I'll try that when I graduate out of the fixed setup races... :( At least I thought they were fixed setup races. I'll double check next time. And yeah, makes sense, loosen up that rear a bit with higher pressure or stiffer rear spring....

10. drop

drop Well-Known Member

If it’s a fixed setup, back the corner up to you a bit. Meaning slow up a little sooner turn softer a little sooner and then pick up the throttle sooner.
    Seems you may be attacking the corner. Bring the corner to you, do go after it.

and also ride the outside rim a bit. Stay off the bottom.

11. ScottyRock155

Obutto says the triple monitor design changed in 2016 so I asked if it is newer than that and he said yes.

12. code3ryder

code3ryder Well-Known Member

13. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

I decided to start from pit lane on Saturday's Miata race at Summit, so I can drive incident free and get out of rookies. Well, that didn't work as all the morons coming back out of pit lane after they spin out into each other are far worse. It was 10PM and I think half the drivers were drunk.

Second race, I was .2 from the pole. Ran conservatively at the start, and wasn't long before I was out front. I stayed clean and was out front by about 3 seconds, and the pole sitter eventually started catching up. I lost some focus watching what he was doing and screwed up two corners in my last 2 laps, which led to him getting me at the line by .2, and giving me my first 1X when I tried to hold it on around the outside of him to avoid him winning.

I was pretty happy that my safety rating went way up after that.

No flying this week, so I should have a pro license by Saturday night.:crackup:

14. Monsterdood

So what were your lap times? I ran a 56.9 in qualifying and then got punted by someone using me as an extra brake on the 2nd lap. I then ran off avoiding a spun car 2 laps later, flipped and went to the pits so I disconnected. Very frustrating! And how the hell do I race you?

15. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Rookie race give you 1 fast repair. Use it. It does not matter if you rage disconnect as a Rookie, it does once you get your D license.
    Once you add people to your friends list, the you can see {in most cases} who's driving what.
    You can then click on the steering wheel icon and there you can join the session they are in.

16. Monsterdood

Oh yeah, I def would have lost an e-sponsor! :D Gotta figure out how to activate fast repair I guess. I'll look it up.

17. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

tires/tear offs/fast repair in the same black box

18. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Also make sure you uncheck your fuel & tires before the race.

Gino230 likes this.
  19. Monsterdood

Yeah, that was stupid one race. Getting towed back, and then changing tires, and then a penalty for something or another. And I swear it wasn't my fault whatever it was. :D

20. ScottyRock155

And so it begins.....

20200414_202159.jpg