1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The wait is over. Need help from the iracing gods on the beeb..

Discussion in 'General' started by assjuice cyrus, Apr 8, 2017.

1. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

I have made a thread or two about trying this, but the waot is over. I have a trip to mirco center with my pc guy to go and get what is needed to get a pc.

I will have a $800 to $1000 budget and already have a g27 wheel. Will for now run it off my 42inch single tv.

My main concern is what are some must have for my pc to run iracing really good? The new dirt release has my feeling getty like a kid wanting to try this out.

2. LossPrev

LossPrev Well-Known Member

Core i5 6600K or maybe check out the new AMD Ryzen chips. Not sure what their availability in store is yet since they are pretty new. I wouldn't go any lower than a GTX 1060 6GB but if possible cut costs on some of the other options to spring for the GTX 1070. An SSD and 16GB of RAM should be doable on that budget as well.

3. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Do you want to run a single monitor, triples or VR?

Core i5 is a good choice. No need to 16 gigs of ram..8 is plenty. Single 1920x1080 the 1060 is more than enough card. If you plan to go 1440 at 144Hz then the 1070 would be the better choice.

I'd give the Devs time to make the best of the Ryzen chips before going there. Plus I'm just an Intel/Nvidia guy. My past experiences with AMD were never positive. Maybe the Ryzen product will change my mind.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2017
    zippytech likes this.
  4. ajcjr

ajcjr Well-Known Member

Get something you can upgrade to triple monitor easily. Also go on the iracing forums and read up under hardware and iracing software related. Lots of good stuff there and helpful people.

5. assjuice cyrus

Just gonna run a single tv right now. Get into and make sure i am gonnna like it. Triples will come this winter when i have more time on iracing and more time to race on i racing

6. Venom51

I'm running an Intel i7 5930k, 8 gigs of ram, 256 gig SSD, 2 x Nvidia 970. That's good for triples@1920x1080 at 120FPS under just about all race conditions.

7. assjuice cyrus

Have you tried the dirt yet? How is it?

8. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

First you need lights and water cooling.

[​IMG]

9. ajcjr

ajcjr Well-Known Member

The dirt is cool, different type of driving.

10. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

wtf are you people talking about. Engrish please

11. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

A computer for playing games instead of looking at boobies

12. Venom51

I suck at it. I'll stick to pavement.

13. Venom51

It can do both. If you run triples you can look at 3 times the boobies at once.

Newyork and dtalbott like this.
  14. assjuice cyrus

Well hopefully you guys can help me get some things figured when i get up and running. What are the first things i should buy car and track wise?

15. Venom51

Buy it as you need it. If there is something you want to race then buy it. Otherwise there's no need. I own all the road courses and the every vehicle that isn't related to Napcar.

Shit that's hard to drive....

V8 Supercars
    Lotus 49

Shit that will teach you a lot about driving...

Skip Barber
    Spec Racer Ford
    Mazda MX-5

Stuff that's fun to drive but hard to get the most out of...

Radical SR8
    Any GT3 spec car
    HPD ARX-01c

Stuff that's fun to race in and fairly easy to keep on track...

Kia Optima
    Mazda Pro
    Formula Renault
    C7 Daytona Prototype

Hosted Endurance racing is some of the most fun you'll have. When you are ready hit me up and we'll run some practice sessions before you hit your first race. You need to read the sporting code and learn how the iRating and Safety rating systems work.

16. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Forget about the C7. I have a Pro Driver {Wyatt Gooden} as a coach and even he advised me to stop driving it. Once obtaining your B license , the Merc AMG is probably the easiest car to drive in the service. Forget about triple screens, go VR . I Racing is getting better with each new build. When IRacing 1st got it, I was a little disappointing. Not any longer. As we spoke about it before, coming from a motorcycle racing background, the transition was difficult for me even with triples. I could not see the apex's for shit as I was not leaning off the bike. With the VR, I'm a full second fast a lap on most tracks. I've done both Daytona 24 and Sebring 12 in it. {Were I might add we started from the pits and finished 5th} I did double stints in both races and had no issues with the VR.

17. assjuice cyrus

What vr are you using?

What video card is best for vr?

Should i go more then 16 gb of ram while im in there now or update later?

Thanks.

18. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Oculus. I'm running a 980TI.
    Like Kenny said, 16 is enough. I'm running 32.
    What ever you buy, just make sure it's upgrade able.
    I have my old computer that was trying to sell a couple of years ago before I built the one I'm running.
    It's got more than enough to get started, but the motherboard could use an upgrade as the guy that built it for me was not too knowledgeable on the requirements needed. It has a HIS 7970 Card.
    I'd sell everything for $500 & shipping

19. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I've run a couple of sessions, it's tricky but fun. Just drive like a flat tracker :)
    Yuppers got both. Not that I'm into overclocking :)
    And Juice, have you joined already ? I believe I still have a free 3 month code.
    Not sure if Cadillac is still doing their 3 month promo.

20. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Then, of course, there's the gaming chair.

[​IMG]