1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Supersport Build = Loss of 8 HP

Discussion in 'Tech' started by kiggy74, Apr 25, 2011.

1. ed who?

ed who? the opposite of eharmony.

well put. We have 6 used 190 michelin pilot power street tires that we use always for every race bike/build/tune we do for last few years. It keeps everything in check. You can get HUGE various numbers on same bike with other tires. Say two guys bring in two identical R6's in every way but one races on a 190 Ntech dunlop and one races on a 180 PIrelli...i can tell you the Dunlop kid will be pissed his made 3-4hp less...even thou it really didnt. Use the same tires on everyone's bike and your numbers become more consistent.

*sorry for 3 responses..i gotta figure out how to multi quote one day..

Last edited: May 11, 2011
  2. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

Im not a builder, but everything you say makes perfect scense. PRety sure your just stating for the record a bike no matter what, should not loose that much power even if raced all year, just remember.. there was a significant lack of reading comprehension on the part of some initially. The OP did NOT race/ride the bike all year from the time the build was finished to the time of the post build dyno run. (build was winter then post build dyno was the following spring). We can't derail this thread with acutal facts now can we!! :)

side bar: tip for multi reply in same post. you can hit "quote" on the post ya wanna reply to but "cut" that post and "paste" in your new post. Type an answer, then you can click "back" and quote-cut-past another post you want to reply to.. :)

3. SJC1000rr

SJC1000rr Well-Known Member

I spoke with the tuner breifly yesterday about it and it was pretty lean. (running 14s) The tuner scrapped that map and made a completely new one for Tim from the Top down. :up:

Glad DTM Brian helped you out and that you got some good results. The only way to double check your numbers would be to take the bike to the dayton place for a few pulls just to compare results if you really wished too.

4. kiggy74

kiggy74 As useful as an...

I do want to say that after going back and looking at my receipt it does state that a serdi valve job was performed. I was mistaken in my recollection of what was discussed at the time.

I'm glad it was done, but on the other hand, this is one less option for me to explore going forward.

5. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

group fukin HUG!! :)