1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sooo does that mean you're not donating again?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Handicapped Racer, Aug 8, 2019.

1. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Where do you get your "million legal immigrants, most from Mexico" from? Based on this, it's next to impossible to immigrate legally without being married to a citizen: https://www.quora.com/How-much-does-it-cost-to-immigrate-to-the-US-from-Mexico-legally

Omar Chávez Rico, Director General (2015-present)
    Answered Jan 11, 2019 · Author has 170 answers and 230k answer views

If you are the spouse of a US Citizen, and you go at it on your own, about $2,000 US Dollars. If you hire an immigration lawyer (as most people do), between $3,000 and $5,000 US Dollars.

Cost is not the issue, though; to immigrate to the US from Mexico, if you are not married to a US Citizen, is almost impossible. A few years ago, if you had a Graduate Degree and a Job Offer from a US-based company it was possible (though much more expensive), but nowadays, unless you have at least $500,000 US Dollars to invest in the US, it is virtually impossible to immigrate there from Mexico.

If the US doesn´t want wall-jumpers, it should provide a clear, simple and reasonably priced alternative so people who want a better life by means of work and effort should be offered a way in without them having to risk their lives in the process. This would also improve security and bring stability to the natural immigration flows that occur between neighboring countries.

Newsshooter likes this.
  2. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

I don’t know your background, but, having worked in a few different employee-starved industries, it’s actually true. When encountering people complaining about no jobs and offering where I worked as an option, there’s a standard answer of I’m not doing that. The worst I’ve experienced is having a new hire quit on me before they even worked, when he saw what we had to do. I’ve had several quit after one day.

Where I’m currently at, they start at $19/hr with full benefits, in the warehouse. There’s a whole slew of 18yr-old kids earning more than $50K. When talking to other kids around town about why they don’t work there, they have no shame admitting they don’t want to work that hard.

First year drivers can do $70K+. Second year can do $80K+. Driver-trainers can do $100K+. Our insurances are mostly all free, 401K, bonuses, etc. Why doesn’t every area driver work there? Because so many don’t ever want to work a weekend or holiday. A guy who hired on with me and said it was the best place he’d ever worked, quit the 3rd weekend (in a year’s time) he had to work. I regularly worked weekends for other distribution centers who were short. I’ll take the money.

cav115 likes this.
  3. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

These are the same requirements my UK buddies have said they had to have, to immigrate here.

4. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Cities like San Antonio, Laredo, Del Rio, McAllen, Brownsville, or El Paso are filled with Mexican immigrants and all are bastion of liberal shitholery. Its not the fault of Mexicans, rather its Democrats. But it is who they vote for and have for many, many years.

XFBO likes this.
  5. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

So I have zero idea in this case but there are cases where the employer got the proper paperwork but it was faked or stolen. If you figure that the data is bad and are wrong then you are discriminating. So for some companies the federal government is failing as they don't go after the invalid SS#'s etc.

Though I do suspect that with 600+ people grabbed there was a intentional ignoring of the fact people were illegals. But again look at the feds as 300 of them are already released.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ms-ice-raids-300-of-the-680-detainees-released/ar-AAFxapz

6. Fonda Dix

You cant imagine the problems we have had getting labor in Greenville, WI over the past two years. People not showing up for day one, tiny labor pool, constant competion from other distribution centers. Rough. We dont hire illegals so its been extra brutal. Public knowledge btw in case my IT dept is watching. :)

Wheeliest and ducnut like this.
  7. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I worked in a grocery warehouse when I was 19. We had about 50 Mexican guys that showed up every day in three vans (literally spilling out like clowns at a circus). The #2 over the warehouse was this old Mexican guy everybody called "El Torro" who organized it all. Every one of those guys had common American names, ID's, etc (surrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre, John Smith ;) :) ).

8. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Primarily because they're illegals. As long as they're criminals and they believe the dems are on their side and the reps are after them for deportation, those cities will remain liberal shitholes. But if the immigrants were legal and had no fear of being deported, they wouldn't necessarily have to side with the party who's sheltering them. That's the other angle we've not discussed. As long as they remain undocumented/illegal, they can work under one identity, and receive benefits under another. You've got guys making $50k/yr cash on job sites AND getting welfare payments, free healthcare, etc.

ducnut likes this.
  9. Fonda Dix

What you say is spot on by how do we go about making them legal without:

1. Rewarding them for breaking the law of a country they wish to have the privilege of becoming part of.
    2. Growing their footprint by leveraging chain migration laws once legal.
    3. Encouraging others to do the same.

This is the problem I have with any amnesty. We will just replace those we just rewarded with another batch of illegals. Lather, Rinse, Repeat but each time we have less shampoo.

badmoon692008, ducnut and Wheeliest like this.
  10. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

1. You can't but you just have to acknowledge that the law wasn't all that great in the first place, kind of like marijuana prohibition
    2. and 3. Welcoming them means that they are here to become AMERICANS, and NOT to turn America into the shithole they're running from.

It's not Amnesty - it's simplifying the immigration process. I'd assume that once that was done, the only ones not utilizing the process were the true criminals. It would be easy enough to go after those fairly aggressively.

ducnut likes this.
  11. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

I've worked in the plant that got raided in Morton MS several times on their waste water/oil removal system and there definitely weren't many honkies working there. It's in the middle of nowhere and to be honest... i don't think they can find enough people to run that place without the illegals. Same goes for kill plants and processing plants all over the country. They are often built in the middle of nowhere where people either already have jobs or they are too cracked out to even be useful. No way the average white person is gonna go work in one of those places.

12. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

13. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

So just open the borders then?

14. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

ducnut likes this.
  15. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

They’re already open. I say eliminate the black market for it. Similar to ending WoD.

16. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Imagine if you were one of the many warehouses south of Milwaukee, along I-41. There must be no one left to draw from. Likewise, the southside of Chicago (south of Bolingbrook and Morris east to University Park) is in the same predicament. Developers keep building, but, there just isn’t the workforce, especially with the mass exit of IL residents. My employer has never had to deal with gang violence, but, they are, now, which is an indicator how far to the bottom of the barrel they’re reaching.

17. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Why not close it instead?

18. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Close what?

19. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

[​IMG]

ducnut likes this.
  20. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds