1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sooo does that mean you're not donating again?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Handicapped Racer, Aug 8, 2019.

1. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

You think colleges are non-profit?
    :crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup:

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They gave it to the schools and they got a degree in exchange, just as they were promised.

Not sure what schools going out of business and others taking their place has to do with anything.

3. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

The non-profit ones are:rolleyes: Maybe that should be another discussion? Why are state schools so expensive? Did you know nearly all of them started out as free to residents of the states, with the intent of increasing the education level of the local population?

4. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

It’s evidence of what was/is going on. Very few of those schools existed before the loan programs, but once easy money became available the field exploded with dozens of “schools” (with little to no accreditation) providing near worthless degrees.

5. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Yes. I was around when all the shit that
    you're just now discovering actually happened.

6. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

So do you really think that I’m bringing this up because it’s some sort of recent revelation? I recognized the absurdity of this 20-some years ago in high school.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And yet one more time - the loans are a moot point. There have been loans since 58 or 59. There was no boom of for profit schools in the 60's that I know of...

8. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Then just drop it. You see it differently than I do, you experienced it differently than I did, and you see a different solution than I do. I’m okay with you being wrong:D. No need to discuss it further.

9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Meh... I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong. No point in that.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So why do you keep responding? :crackup:

11. G 97

G 97 Garth

Trying to draw out hypocrisy. :D

12. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I haven’t! Err, I hadn’t:crackup:. Anyway, officially done discussing student loan forgiveness unless there’s a major development that brings fresh blood to the convo.

13. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Is this “the plan” you’re referring to?

14. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

You can't be serious. While it is generally true that the most difficult person to see is one's self, come on now. I lololed.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Hanging out on here and at the track around truly smart people puts things into perspective :D

It really does floor me some of the people we have racing.

16. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Hello confirmation bias. You herd a self selecting group. Plenty of jackasses, not a lot of dummies. :)

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Meh, I herd a bunch of cats.

Speaking of which, need to find out if we ever did get three groups of lawyers and clients to decide on a date for depositions. That shit is worse than here.

18. Montoya

Montoya Well-Known Member

Good luck. No matter how things turn out, always a headache to be dealing with.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Just a minor annoyance at this point really. Have to go through discovery before a judge will throw it all out.

20. Montoya

Montoya Well-Known Member

NOT trying to open this discussion back up! Would rather head home and drink a beer. Will just throw out that there was a boom during that era, the Higher Education Act of 65' opened the floodgates of for-profit fraud. They're not all bad, but the bad one's account for almost all of the fraud in higher education funding, and a good portion of the student debt crisis.